Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

New song? Jun 27

Started by Kimdracula976, Jun 17, 2022, 04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlimmeringMaggit

Ok here's the YouTube link that will work when it turns over to Monday in whichever country you're in

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1v2oXcmrGQ&ab_channel=VariousArtists-Topic]

It says it's distributed by Too Lost LLC, which appears to be a music distribution site for independent artists. It's on the 'Various Artists' topic, not the Deftones one.

I can't play it here but I think it's highly likely it's not a new Deftones song but someone who's attached the name to a song they've made. Either that or it samples a Deftones track. Someone else might be able to confirm but I'm pretty certain it's not new Deftones.
Formerly LG95

sharinglungs

If you have Google chrome and can play that video in the link, download the AHA music extension, you can use it to identify songs in the browser

Vesanic

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jun 26, 2022, 02:30 PM
If you have Google chrome and can play that video in the link, download the AHA music extension, you can use it to identify songs in the browser

Curiosity got the best of me, I bypassed the time block to check out that YouTube link. I'm either completely wrong or this is not Deftones. The funny thing is that extension identifies it as "Deftones - Daisy Forgive Me".   :D

sharinglungs

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 26, 2022, 03:42 PM
Quote from: sharinglungs on Jun 26, 2022, 02:30 PM

Curiosity got the best of me, I bypassed the time block to check out that YouTube link. I'm either completely wrong or this is not Deftones. The funny thing is that extension identifies it as "Deftones - Daisy Forgive Me".   :D

That's very strange....

I really need to hear this to decide lol maybe is an Eros instrumental? lol

Vesanic

Not sure this helps, it starts off with a sort of small dialogue with a dude asking "Daisy" to talk. It's also completely instrumental otherwise (that could have been expected in the case of someone releasing fake material), I guess you could say it's pretty generic ambient metal. I would be absolutely surprised if this was Deftones, doesn't sound like them to me.

sharinglungs

Maybe it's an Eros instrumental.. remember how chino didn't think some of the songs were very good? Maybe this is one of those not so good ones that he didn't want to finish. Remember they were naming songs after strippers

Vesanic

I'd consider it a potential demo on a tired day, the dialogue thing sort of convinces me it's not them. Again I could be entirely wrong.

sharinglungs

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 26, 2022, 04:09 PM
I'd consider it a potential demo on a tired day, the dialogue thing sort of convinces me it's not them. Again I could be entirely wrong.

Also wouldn't be the first time they've used dialog in songs so knows.

nicklav

I highly doubt this is a Deftones song. Especially with that distributor. What a bummer.

sharinglungs

One would think if it was a real deftones track, that it would get flagged and removed automatically by YouTube...

But if it's fake, how do they get the music identifier site identify it as a deftones song?

Something strange, in the neighborhood....

nicklav

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jun 26, 2022, 05:30 PM
One would think if it was a real deftones track, that it would get flagged and removed automatically by YouTube...

But if it's fake, how do they get the music identifier site identify it as a deftones song?

Something strange, in the neighborhood....

It's likely the distributor submits it to Kazaam and other song identifiers as part of its release protocol.

GlimmeringMaggit

See you all in two years for the next album.
Formerly LG95

sharinglungs

It's fake. Apparently a YouTube channel called anticon, they make deftones style music. They leave a little "anticon" before their songs and you can hear that whisper at the start of " Daisy forgive me"

Gaz

Well it sounded far fetched, what a let down

surgery

That was really great, there's definitely more in store for next year 24. Its coming