Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

Sadly I still haven't seen the original

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Azwethinkweiz

watched Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind again yesterday.

yup, great movie.

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: tarkil on Aug 07, 2006, 11:45 PM
Quote from: defskull on Aug 07, 2006, 11:45 PM
Sadly I still haven't seen the original

I heard the second is pretty much the first. Therefore, I'll just watch Clerks again.

Teddy.

Chrisbo

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Teddy.

haha I just noticed but it's a anniversary Reservoir Dogs dvd release

http://www.dvdtown.com/media/coverart/big/19599.jpg
copy and paste into the adress bar

Azwethinkweiz

reservoir dogs is pretty overrated.

good movie, but overrated.

Crazylegs

Superman Returns was crap.

Azwethinkweiz

i watched 'Go' yesterday.

it was pretty cool. fun flick :)

going to watch 'Kalifornia' tonight (starring brad pitt, david duchovny and juliette lewis).

awesome, gritty...such an underrated movie of the 90's.

ChickdelaLynch

ChickdelaLynch

I saw The Libertine tonight. It wasn't that great. It lacked something, I don't know what. It's bad when I keep pausing the film to get something to keep me occupied.

Chrisbo

Has anyone here seen the film "A Tale Of Two Sisters"? I would recommend it if you havent, one of the creepiest Asian horror films I've seen, and also one of the saddest.

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: Chrisbo on Aug 16, 2006, 04:50 PM
Has anyone here seen the film "A Tale Of Two Sisters"? I would recommend it if you havent, one of the creepiest Asian horror films I've seen, and also one of the saddest.

yeah, that movie scared the sh*t out of me!

defskull

I saw The Descent the other night. IT was good.

Uno

Quote from: defskull on Aug 16, 2006, 07:11 PM
I saw The Descent the other night. IT was good.
i wannet to see that..but had no money..im broke can anyone send money...
help out a poor mexican.?

with the heart of gold... to have and to hold.

Jerry_Curls

Saw Garden State for the first time last week and I cried. A lot.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Aug 16, 2006, 08:25 PM
Saw Garden State for the first time last week and I cried. A lot.

oh man, i love that movie.

it's excellent. i also shed a tear or two.

Chrisbo

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Aug 16, 2006, 05:15 PM
Quote from: Chrisbo on Aug 16, 2006, 04:50 PM

yeah, that movie scared the sh*t out of me!

I think the scariest bit was when she's having the dream and the figure of her mother comes crawling through the room, and climbs up onto the bed, and the hand comes from her crotch. Fucking wierd! See, the Asian people have this shit down to a tee, they just use the perfect sounds and makeup and lighting and that, to give the film the perfect dark and creepy atmosphere.

This is film to me though seemed almost like a Dave Lynch film after first viewing because at the end I was just like 'WTF happened there?'. Then I watched it the second time around and things started making more sense, and there was things I didnt notice before.

I still have one question about this film, but I'm not gonna ask it so as to not spoil the film for anyone who hasnt seen it.