Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazzy

i have finally been initiated into the world of david lynch.

it was successful.

lollercoaster

Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on May 14, 2007, 05:15 AM
The People Vs. Larry Flynt was good and one of the few times I could stand Courtney Love.

and edward norton was hot as usual

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: lollercoaster on May 17, 2007, 04:20 AM
Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on May 14, 2007, 05:15 AM
The People Vs. Larry Flynt was good and one of the few times I could stand Courtney Love.

and edward norton was hot as usual

I actually have to say no. I love a nerdy looking man, but that was a little too nerdy. Maybe it is because he looked so young.

And Mariam, dish the details. You just lost your Lynch virginity.

pissedandpierced

Quote from: lollercoaster on May 12, 2007, 02:53 PM
im not sure if its better.  if you liked the first youll like this one

I have heard that it's quite good and very fast paced with lots of running. I'm going to see it on Saturday.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Paint Your Lips

Saw Spiderman 3 a few days back. Big budget american films are usually weak and hauntingly boring, so I had a feeling this was not going to be a movie for me. And boy was I right !

I laughed so hard when Spiderman jumped on top of a building, the hero-ish musical theme starts and a big ass American flag lights up behind him. It can't get more cliché. Does Americans never get fed up by themselves?

I rate it 1 out of 6 Lips.

Mazzy

Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on May 17, 2007, 04:26 AM

i've seen the elephant man and eraserhead. i also really loved the grandmother.

i saw the elephant man like...5 or 6 years ago, but it's pretty low on the HOLY SHIT IT'S DAVID LYNCH GET IN THE CAR factor. it's fucking amazing anyway. with eraserhead, his use of sound is fucking amazing. he makes me want to hole up in my room with my recording stuff and never come out again.

theis

I watched Feast  today.

Damn, one of the craziest movies i've seen in a while. I loved every second!

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: Mazzy on May 17, 2007, 12:26 PM
Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on May 17, 2007, 04:26 AM

i've seen the elephant man and eraserhead. i also really loved the grandmother.

i saw the elephant man like...5 or 6 years ago, but it's pretty low on the HOLY SHIT IT'S DAVID LYNCH GET IN THE CAR factor. it's fucking amazing anyway. with eraserhead, his use of sound is fucking amazing. he makes me want to hole up in my room with my recording stuff and never come out again.

I say you see Lost Highway next. It's crazy from the beginning. I think you'll enjoy the experience.

Black Elvis

Check out Paul Mooney "Jesus Was Black So Was Cleaopatra Know Your History."

and Bad Brains Live At CBGB's 1982.

then re-think your life/
i am the black elvis

Quote from: Black Elvis on Jun 15, 2007, 10:57 PM
Delicous melissa ticklish in your mothers delicious citrus clitorious

theis

Lately i've watched:

Hostage (Much better than i'd thought. I enjoyed it alot. Gritty and suspenseful...and Bruce is, as always, awesome) - 7.5/10

The Big Lebowski (I watched it for the first time yesterday and I loved it! Hilarious movie. I have a newfound respect for Jeff Bridges) - 9.5/10

Rocky Balboa (Extremely disapointing and quite boring! The acting was laughable at times) - 5/10

Feast (Just awesome!!! Everything a horrorfan could ask for. Absolutely hilarious too) - 9.5/10

Silent Hill
(I hated this movie the first time I watched it, but damn, 2nd time around was a much better experience. I enjoyed the hell out of it!) - 8/10

defskull

28 Weeks Later was such a great sequel. It's probably the saddest "zombie" movie I've seen.

Paint Your Lips

Grizzly Man (very moving, some great moments, just overall a great doc) 8/10

The Departed (a great comeback for Scorsese, the last movie I enjoyed by him was Goodfellas) 8/10

Assault On Precinct 13 (great action movie, lots of guns and action) 7/10

ToneDef

I watched Hostel for the first time last night. My brother has had it on DVD for a while so I threw it on while everyone else was in bed. Not as all out grotesque as I was expecting. Don't get me wrong, pretty sick in places.. But it showed me once again how overreacting audiences and stupid hype take the edge off of certain films and make you believe they're gonna be so much worse on the stomach.

I cannot imagine anything worse than falling unconscious and waking up on that fucking chair though. I would have passed out from fear way before that cunt had even begun to slice me up.

Mazzy

i seem to have forgotten exactly what i was going to say about these two stories and the main characters. they're not really alike at all apart from being priests with problems but they both seem to be more or less ill-suited to the life they chose.

in diary of a country priest, he is too senstitive. he only accomplished good with one person in the entire town and even that was under very negative circumstances. and what caused good to happen was his humanity, rather than his ability to be a good priest. not to mention how his physical sickness made it nearly impossible for him to carry out all his duties.

in winter light, the pastor [he's actually a lutheran pastor, not a catholic priest, but that's neither here nor there. they all look the same anyhow] is totally consumed by his own self. his lusts and his memories, his anger. he becomes dead and lifeless. completely the opposite of the other movie. instead of being open and human to the point of total vulnerability, he's shut off completely from the church members. he is equally useless at his post. actually, moreso because a church member actually feels the pastor validated his wish to kill himsef when talking to him. the only good thing to be said regarding religion is said by the cripple who hangs around the church. but even at the end of the film, where i assume he's had an epiphany about faith [that is up for debate as the film is WAY open-ended] he still seems stiff and unpassionate.

they both find encouragement through people most wouldn't expect to have anything useful to say. i think what i'm saying is that i'm afraid to end up like one of these characters. i love them and relate to them on certain levels now, which isn't exactly a good thing, but i digress. they're just not suited to their lives, therefore, doing no good in them. if they leave any mark on the world at all, it's not a good mark.

marty

I saw Spiderman 3 on Saturday night.

Biggest pile of shit...ever.

I thought Peter parker was supposed to be tough. he cried every five minutes.

ChickdelaLynch

I just saw The Salton Sea tonight. I'm not keen on Val Kilmer, but I actually liked him in this role. I think the story was great. It kind of reminded me of A Scanner Darkly.

I also saw Angela's Ashes. Much better than the book.

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: defskull on May 19, 2007, 10:29 PM
28 Weeks Later was such a great sequel. It's probably the saddest "zombie" movie I've seen.

True.

Apparently, Control has been getting good reviews at Cannes. Can't wait for it to be released!
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

hellview

curls was covering his eyes the whole way through 28 weeks later.

your eyes gut me like the sharpest of knives.

Jerry_Curls

Yeah and you were holding my hands after the movies.

Finally, what I've been waiting for the past yearl; Control trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JHQkoGHcx4
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Paint Your Lips

Just saw Babel. And what a great movie that was ! I loved everything, the actors, the photographers, the story, just everything.

Def. gets 5 out of 6 Lips from me !