Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blondie

fantastic four was a really weak ass movie. i'm sure the sequel was parallel.

theis

chinatown (1974)

greatness from polanski.

9/10

ChickdelaLynch

So I saw School For Scoundrels because it was the only new movie in my house. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, and it was rather cute.

ToneDef

Payback - always good
Traffic - Great fucking film.. pretty fucked up in parts too
16 Blocks - Enjoyable.. Always got love for Mos Def too

4th Eye

Die Hard 4.0 was funny and full of action. The unrealistic, over-the-top action was just entertaining.

tarkil

Yup... I completely agree....

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Jerry_Curls

So anyone know whats up with that Cloverfield project? http://wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=2529
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

theis

^ it looks so fucking great.

defskull

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jul 07, 2007, 10:52 AM
So anyone know whats up with that Cloverfield project? http://wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=2529

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/

There is a better quality version.  Looks very good/interesting.

oldgentlovecraft

Just saw the preview and wtf is it?

theis

i watched 'vacancy' yesterday and enjoyed it alot. very simple movie, but it was intense, had great acting, creepy atmosphere and a hitchcockian feel to it. the ending could have been better though.

3.5/5

ChickdelaLynch

Primal Fear was great. It wouldn't have been if Edward Norton was not in it. He pretty much stole the show. God, he needs to be in more movies.

The Godfather Part II was great, too. I'm rather nervous seeing part III. I don't want to see it, but I think I should just to finish off the series.

License To Wed was your typical stupid romance comedy that turned out to be ok just because I was in the mood to see a stupid film.

ToneDef

You only just saw Primal Fear? Shit. I remember that blowing me away when I was kid and wasn't really into proper films and shit, you know? That movie pretty much launched Nortons career. The part at the end where he gives it away is just "..fuck" .

I personally like Godfather Part 3. It's not how you imagine it'll be so view it with an open mind. Also, ignore Sofia Copolla in it.. It's a well known fact that she's possibly the worst part of the movie. She'd probably even agree with that. Check the scene with the helicopter.. Fantastic.

Mazzy

blades of glory is really good.

jon heder is superbly attractive in it.

theis

full metal jacket (10/10)

the bathroom scene with d'onofrio...so intense.

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: Mazzy on Jul 12, 2007, 08:31 AM
blades of glory is really good.

jon heder is superbly attractive in it.

Hi5. Me too.

D'Onofrio is very underrated.

defskull

You are the last two here I'd think would enjoy that movie.

theis

haha yeah, but i agree, it was funny. not as funny as i would have hoped, but it gave me some good laughs.

tonight i watched a french horror movie called 'ils' (them) and it was an excellent little flick.

realistic and unrelenting horror!

5/5

ChickdelaLynch

So I saw Sex, Lies and Videotape which was really good. Not as raunchy as I thought it would be, but I think it would have really sucked if it was raunchy. Spader is always good, but I didn't find him so creepy in this film, but rather a guy I'd go for.

I also saw Pan's Labrynth which had a tendency to freak me out from time to time, but was otherwise great. Oh, and the Captain is a huge asshole.

fireflyry

Watched "A Scanner Darkly" last night (just came out for rental here).

Really quite amazing use of animation merged with film imo and it's a pity we don't see more Robert Downey Jr in films anymore, bit of a Sean Penn in that regard.Philip K. Dick does some pretty way out writing in it too although I still greatly prefer Blade Runner, for obvious reasons.

Smoke a bowl and watch this flick.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.