Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deafnotes

collateral (for the 2nd time)

oldgentlovecraft

defskull

I saw The Fall last night.  Definitely recommended.

bright lights, big city

is it anywhere near as good The Cell??
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deafnotes

better than fight club.

haha lol just kidding

defskull

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 22, 2008, 07:55 PM
is it anywhere near as good The Cell??

I have unfortunately never seen The Cell so I couldn't tell you.  It's basically just a story this man is telling a little girl in the hospital and of course the images Tarsem puts in this story are amazing.  If you have a nice tv and blue ray player I'd definitely suggest watching it.  I have neither, but I imagine it looks nice.

bright lights, big city

Vantage Point...it exceeded my expectations
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

just watched The Fall. really nice.
and yes, it is quite similar to The Cell.
I like picturesque movies.

any suggestions?
Movies like Holy Mountain etc, something picturesque.. bizzare..

theis

i watched "burn after reading" last night and it was absolutely hysterical. i laughed constantly.

"I have a drinking problem!?" You're a fucking mormon! Next to you, we ALL have a fucking drinking problem!" Haha...John Malchovich is awesome beyond words.

The killings came out of nowhere and made me go "Wtf?". haha i loved it.

malchovich, pitt, clooney and mcdormand were all fantastic.

my only gripe is that i wish it would've been longer.

bright lights, big city

i agree, it was hilarious.

i also liked how malkovich pronounced "memoir" as "memwah". i love those little about most coen bros movies
DERP

theis

watched "Eagle Eye"...

Preposterous story, but somewhat entertaining/watchable. Shia did a great job.

Not a movie i'd see again though.

Battle-Axe

I went to see Death Race last night and it was awesome. Me and my friend also went to watch Disaster Movie last week cos we had nothing to do and we have these unlimited cards for Cineworld... and it was absolutely WANK.

Going to watch Taken tonight.

bright lights, big city

good because who in their right mind would pay to see Disaster Movie?
DERP

Battle-Axe

Some poor couple I saw at the cinema tonight :P

It really was fucking terrible and it's just rehashing the Scary Movies really.

Anyway I lost my unlimited card about 2 weeks ago and I don't have a spare tenner for a new one just yet, so I've just been using my reference and card numbers for the past 5 times I've been. Except tonight the bitch on the till said she wouldn't let me in and that everyone else [at 2 seperate cinemas] who let me in was breaking the rules. So I ended up coming home instead :@

4th Eye

Watched Blades Of Glory and Dead Silence past weekend. Both were ok for hangover entertainment but still rather boring.

downtownpony

Quote from: Battle-Axe on Sep 27, 2008, 08:30 PM
Some poor couple I saw at the cinema tonight :P

It really was fucking terrible and it's just rehashing the Scary Movies really.

Anyway I lost my unlimited card about 2 weeks ago and I don't have a spare tenner for a new one just yet, so I've just been using my reference and card numbers for the past 5 times I've been. Except tonight the bitch on the till said she wouldn't let me in and that everyone else [at 2 seperate cinemas] who let me in was breaking the rules. So I ended up coming home instead :@

Watched disaster movie online bout a week ago. It really sucked. Except for the part with batman. True story. Saw Burn after reading yesterday, that was definitely worth the money.

theis

watched Righteous Kill (the new flick with Al Pacino and Robert De Niro).

a really weak movie. lame script. cliché story....

other than that, it was somewhat entertaining and i must admit that it was cool to see Pacino and De Niro work together as NYPD cops.

goldpony

watched iron man last night. why did i wai tto see this?/??? i especially liked the ending, you know the one after the credits. although it did seem like a plot hole that jeff daniels had completed a suit in what seemed such a short amount of time
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

bright lights, big city

hahaha yes!! i know, Iron Man was phenominal, it seriously is the definitive Marvel superhero movie.
DERP

devilinside

I rented it last night and watched most of it,then I dozed off. Seemed pretty cool.