Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downtownpony

Yeah. Eddie murphy let me down that time.

oldgentlovecraft

Automaton Transfusion was a bit of a letdown.  Got excited from the preview then was completely confused by the film.  A bunch of hardcore/punk kids making a zombie movie that has the potential to be a modern RotLD but gets caught up in overacting and local band promotion.  Ugh.  Sweet ass gore effects for a low budget movie but other than that...

Stink of Flesh was much better and showed how low budget should be done.  Fucking funny and gory. 

bright lights, big city

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Dec 01, 2008, 03:48 PM
Automaton Transfusion was a bit of a letdown.  Got excited from the preview then was completely confused by the film.  A bunch of hardcore/punk kids making a zombie movie that has the potential to be a modern RotLD but gets caught up in overacting and local band promotion.  Ugh.  Sweet ass gore effects for a low budget movie but other than that...

At first I didn't like it either, but then I thought of it as a type of student film project, and that's basically all it is, from what I've heard about the director and such. That kinda made me enjoy it a bit more....just a fun zombie movie.

I agree with the random music though. I think Dance Club Massacre was in there. They're not bad.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Mikey

Synecdoche, NY is a fucking awesome movie!!

bright lights, big city

some recent flicks I've seen:

The Lookout: with Joseph Gordon-Leavitt. see it. just see it. Jeff Daniels is greatness too.
Zombie Strippers: ummm......terrible. just terrible. even Tito Ortiz was in it. I wanted to vomit.
Role Models: paid $10 for admission, which pissed me off. amazingly, after the movie I thought it was worth every penny. Paul Rudd and McLovin carried it, and Elizabeth Banks is hotttt.
My Name Is Bruce: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489235/ another good recommendation. after the reading about the plot, I think any one would want to see this.
X-Files I want to Believe: I don't want to say avoid this movie. But I just felt so disappointed with it after watching it. If you loved the show like me, it's worth seeing. If not, then it's a pass.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

The Lookout is great!

Role Models is hilarious. the little black kid made the movie for me. "you're white, you're ben affleck" haha.

really, really wanna see My Name Is Bruce.

Crazylegs

me too. Is it out on dvd yet?

theis

it hits dvd in february... Region 1.

Crazylegs

and probably never region 2.

bright lights, big city

I saw it in theaters...speaking of which, I live in Chicago, and it was only playing on ONE screen. couldn't believe that.

But do you have the last Bruce movies out over there? if you have the craptacular Man With the Screaming Brain or Alien Apocalypse, then odds are you'll get this one.
DERP

bright lights, big city

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Dec 03, 2008, 09:57 AM
Role Models is hilarious. the little black kid made the movie for me. "you're white, you're ben affleck" haha.
lol. also you know it's a real good movie when the best/funniest parts are not shown in the previews. i was laughing like crazy for pretty much the last 20 minutes.
DERP

deftonekid

Watched Anything Else, not the best Woody Allen's movie but still very funny and his character is hilarious as usual. Christina Ricci is a hottie and Jason Biggs is just ok, nice to see he can do another characters besides the stupid guy from American Pie.

theis

yeah Christina Ricci is so fucking hot in that movie.

lostpilot

Fierce People.

nice movie..

deafnotes

the day the earth stood still reminds me of matrix when i saw the trailer

ToneDef

Got around to watching The Mist. Really good. Really fucking depressing.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: ToneDef on Dec 05, 2008, 12:06 AM

Pretty spot on to the story too.  Except the ending.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Dec 05, 2008, 12:08 AM
Quote from: ToneDef on Dec 05, 2008, 12:06 AM

Pretty spot on to the story too.  Except the ending.
i love movie endings where you get depressed. suck it, hollywood endings.
DERP

oldgentlovecraft

Oh, I liked the ending but it wasn't from the story.  Not a bad thing, considering movie versions of literature or more akin to interpretations than exact translations.  I love endings that aren't expected.  One of the first I ever enjoyed was the end to Jeepers Creepers.  Like it or not it was one of the few Hollywood horror flicks to let the antagonist win. 

bright lights, big city

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Dec 05, 2008, 12:20 AM
Oh, I liked the ending but it wasn't from the story.  Not a bad thing, considering movie versions of literature or more akin to interpretations than exact translations.  I love endings that aren't expected.  One of the first I ever enjoyed was the end to Jeepers Creepers.  Like it or not it was one of the few Hollywood horror flicks to let the antagonist win. 
very true, i honestly didn't mind that flick either.
DERP