Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

Knowing....it was interesting. Not one for very religious people. Made me leave feeling glum.

lostpilot

Watched Wendy and Lucy tonight.
what performance! Overall movie was soaked with inevitability of existencial and economical crysis, it's quite dark and depressing, though after some time one could think there is some hope after all. nonetheless.. represents what many people are facing in reality these days.

bright lights, big city

cool, sounds far out.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

though as I said.. really depressing.
and I think I chose a wrong evening for this movie, so now I'm quite down alright

bright lights, big city

meh, i kind of like depressing movies once in a while. speaking of which i saw one a few days ago The Boy In the Striped Pajamas. very good movie, but good god, sooooo depressing.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

The Boy In the Striped Pajamas is very depressing either.
the ending!

theis

There Will Be Blood - 10/10

This was my 5th viewing and this movie just gets better each time. As much as I love No Country for Old Men, THIS deserved the Best Picture Oscar. Epic masterpiece...

downtownpony

Quote from: lithium on Apr 15, 2009, 04:56 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 14, 2009, 12:54 AM
Quote from: downtownpony on Apr 14, 2009, 12:17 AM
Just watched "Doubt" last night. Dont know what all the hype was about. Shit sucked.
hahaha though that was funny. yeah i have no ambition to see that at all.
the acting is stellar, great performances from the whole cast. that's what the hype is about. go watch fast and the furious or something.
nah man. It's shit. The acting is great. But the story is shit. shit. shit.  But I can see why you'd like it you sick fuck.
sorry it took so long to reply, but I just noticed ur amazingly retarded statement.     

downtownpony

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Apr 25, 2009, 06:26 PM
There Will Be Blood - 10/10

This was my 5th viewing and this movie just gets better each time. As much as I love No Country for Old Men, THIS deserved the Best Picture Oscar. Epic masterpiece...

There Will Be Blood was awesome. I only saw it in theaters though, I'll have to rent it to re-evaluate.

lostpilot

Blade Runner

woooooooooooooooooow.. *sweet happy kid voice*

bright lights, big city

Quote from: lostpilot on Apr 26, 2009, 11:12 PM
Blade Runner

sci-fi classic. haven't seen it in years, now i gotta go find it...
DERP

theis

Quote from: lostpilot on Apr 26, 2009, 11:12 PM
Blade Runner

first time you've seen it?

yeah awesome movie. love the final battle.

lostpilot

yeah, it was the first time I saw it!
why most nowadays scifi ain't this good?

whodunit?

because most technology, which was the most exciting thing in early scifi movies/books, happend already. except time travel and travelling to different galaxies.

I love reading old sci-fi books where the author describes a personal computer being a hi-tech.
besides, old sci-fi books/movies have an unforgetable atmosphere. most sci-fi nowadays reminds me of computer games, but withou a possiblity to control the main character.
despite what people say, I think THE WAR OF THE WORLDS was pretty last, goo, sci-fi movie. I was highly dissapointed with all new movies after that.

lostpilot

I just so wanted to have an instant read on 'Spider World' series by Colin Wilson. some post-apocalyptic huge-spiders sci-fi/fantasy (no clear borderline there). eh. I love sci-fi.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: whodunit? on Apr 27, 2009, 10:17 AM

despite what people say, I think THE WAR OF THE WORLDS was pretty last, goo, sci-fi movie. I was highly dissapointed with all new movies after that.
I'm assuming you mean the 1950s one and not the Tom Cruise one, lol.
DERP

theis

Quote from: lostpilot on Apr 27, 2009, 09:10 AM
yeah, it was the first time I saw it!
why most nowadays scifi ain't this good?

have you seen Sunshine? one of my favorite sci-fi flicks and it's from 2007.

wither-I

sunshine? expound...

"coming into the nearness of distance"

theis

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448134/ 

beautiful movie, man. give it a chance.

lithium

Quote from: downtownpony on Apr 26, 2009, 04:11 PM
Quote from: lithium on Apr 15, 2009, 04:56 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 14, 2009, 12:54 AM
Quote from: downtownpony on Apr 14, 2009, 12:17 AM
Just watched "Doubt" last night. Dont know what all the hype was about. Shit sucked.
hahaha though that was funny. yeah i have no ambition to see that at all.
the acting is stellar, great performances from the whole cast. that's what the hype is about. go watch fast and the furious or something.
nah man. It's shit. The acting is great. But the story is shit. shit. shit.  But I can see why you'd like it you sick fuck.
sorry it took so long to reply, but I just noticed ur amazingly retarded statement.    
my statement reflected yours eh? but better late than never i say yeah?
💩