Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Picture Thread

Started by alvarezbassist17, Jan 28, 2006, 06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assassin

Yeah, nothing gets me going like watching Jean Claude Van Damme gyrate in a leotard.

Assassin

Hidalgo

Quote from: one weak on Feb 14, 2006, 11:33 PM
if you don't mind me saying....you look kind of pissed in all the pictures. no offense though
for real? i wasn't pissed at all when i took those . i guess i have a generally pissed look sometimes. i'm pretty nice actually

Assassin

And pissed people aren't? Isn't that a little judgemental?

:P

Sorry, I'm in an argumentative mood tonight.

fireflyry

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

hydroponic82

hahaha thank you sir.

happy corporate card and chocolate buying day , lovebirds.

Hidalgo

less pissed lookin

Assassin

Quote from: hydroponic82 on Feb 15, 2006, 01:07 AM

happy corporate card and chocolate buying day , lovebirds.

You're such a hopeless romantic.

Jacob

I miss my dreads dammit  :(

pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

hydroponic82

i bet you feel naked now.

Jacob

I did at first, but got used to it fast. now I just miss having them... I miss how it looks and I miss what it represents, haha. but I'm getting new dreads soon enough.

Assassin

Quote from: aenemic on Feb 15, 2006, 01:36 AM
I miss my dreads dammit  :(

I'm not surprised, they would've covered your fisksikte before, now everyone has to look at it.

Nice dreads btw.

Jacob

it's fiskANsikte, retard ;)

and thanks

Assassin

Käften! Jag vet inte Svenska!

Why did you get rid of your dreads btw? Was your head feeling too heavy? :P

Assassin

Hey you smited me! Cheeky git.

Jacob

*sighs*   jag KAN inte svenska... herre gud....

yeah, you can't even imagine how thick my hair is and how much fucking hair was hanging from my head at that time. in that picture most of my hair is hanging down my back out of sight. so yeah, the fact that I could barely hold my head up after a gig or after taking a shower was pretty much the deciding factor. plus I wanted to try something new.

haha... I'm God, I can smite whomever I wish ;D

Assassin

Quote from: aenemic on Feb 15, 2006, 01:51 AM
*sighs*   jag KAN inte svenska... herre gud....

yeah, you can't even imagine how thick my hair is and how much fucking hair was hanging from my head at that time. in that picture most of my hair is hanging down my back out of sight. so yeah, the fact that I could barely hold my head up after a gig or after taking a shower was pretty much the deciding factor. plus I wanted to try something new.

haha... I'm God, I can smite whomever I wish ;D

Well I have pretty long hair myself, but dreads make it grow thicker don't they? How do you put them in your hair by the way? I've always wondered that...

So what was the new style that you tried? Bald?

Jacob

there are different ways to get dreads... you really just have to make a fucking mess of your hair so that it ends up looking like that. mine were done by backcombing and knitting to keep the hair in place. and then it takes months before they actually start looking good. and yeah, your hair gets a lot thicker.

I first tried cutting off like 75% of the length of my dreads and kept the rest. then I dyed it blue. it was fun for a while. then I shaved it all off, nearly bald. now I'm just letting it grow.

Assassin

Quote from: aenemic on Feb 15, 2006, 02:01 AM
there are different ways to get dreads... you really just have to make a fucking mess of your hair so that it ends up looking like that. mine were done by backcombing and knitting to keep the hair in place. and then it takes months before they actually start looking good. and yeah, your hair gets a lot thicker.

I first tried cutting off like 75% of the length of my dreads and kept the rest. then I dyed it blue. it was fun for a while. then I shaved it all off, nearly bald. now I'm just letting it grow.

Hahaha. Well I guess you don't live in Gothenburg cos I definitely would've noticed a guy with blue dreads in the midst of all those blondes! Especially if he had a fiskANsikte.

So is there a different way of doing it for afro hair? Cos someone once told me they use some kind of beeswax to hold their dreads in place... And do you have to start off with short-ish hair so they grow into dreadlocks?

Jacob

I live in Gävle, remember? we talked about that before ::)

you can use wax and it does help keeping the dreads together. and it also keeps water out of your dreads, if that's what you want. I think that's mainly why real rastafaris use wax. I was dumb enough to wax my dreads at first... they smelled weird and everytime I tried washing my hair I'd get lots of old grey wax crawling out of my dreads. it's a bad idea imo. and no, the longer hair the better. you lose a lot of length when making dreads.