Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Picture Thread

Started by alvarezbassist17, Jan 28, 2006, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subliminal

Quote from: rxqueen on Feb 22, 2007, 10:56 PM
I'd love to introduce you to my crazy gay friend Hendrik, but you'd only break his heart with being untouchable.. ;)

Hahaha, Is he hot?  ;) :D ooo get me being all shallow!  :P

Sam

Haha, you know..I don't actually mind gay people anymore.  They used to kinda bother me, but my cousin came out and me and him have always been good friends, still are.   Back in highschool, I would walk to Gamestop and a gay classmate would ask me if I could walk him since he walked the same route and was scared to walk alone, totally didn't mind it at all.  I learned a lot about why he  is who he is, and it really opened up my mind about gayness. 

Just wanted to let that out.

rxqueen

Hahaaa Liam.. Depends on what you think it's hot. For me I'd say no, but you probably wouldn't want to kiss Dan either. :D

Subliminal

^ Aww Well, We all see people with different eyes eh? But if Dan has nice hip bones, I'm SOLD!! :D

Quote from: Sam on Feb 22, 2007, 11:01 PM
Haha, you know..I don't actually mind gay people anymore.  They used to kinda bother me, but my cousin came out and me and him have always been good friends, still are.   Back in highschool, I would walk to Gamestop and a gay classmate would ask me if I could walk him since he walked the same route and was scared to walk alone, totally didn't mind it at all.  I learned a lot about why he  is who he is, and it really opened up my mind about gayness. 

Just wanted to let that out.

That's good, I just love the position i'm in, It's not everyday that you run into a mixed race gay guy who can play the sickest fuckin' metal whilst still maintaining a slight cockney accent.

I'm here to crush all gay stereotypes to DUST!! muahahahaha.

Sam

Yeah I think it's really fucking cool that you are a true blue fucking metal guitarist.  And you're right, it's not very common at all.  That's why I think you're really unique and gifted.  Blessed

btw: I went to the guitar center today and saw the guitar I want...I don't know shit about guitars, I'm ...the level below beginner, if there is one.  I really want to learn how to play though, know any sites or something to help me get started?

rxqueen

I agree with Sam here.. You're a special and unique person Liam. And not only because you're a gay guitargod. ^^

Azwethinkweiz

my babies

good evening sharing lungs

Subliminal

:D^ Thanks dearest   :-*
Quote from: Sam on Feb 22, 2007, 11:05 PM
Yeah I think it's really fucking cool that you are a true blue fucking metal guitarist.  And you're right, it's not very common at all.  That's why I think you're really unique and gifted.  Blessed

btw: I went to the guitar center today and saw the guitar I want...I don't know shit about guitars, I'm ...the level below beginner, if there is one.  I really want to learn how to play though, know any sites or something to help me get started?

Thanks to you too man!

On with guitars, The best idea is get a guitar, a few leads, a distortion pedal of some kind and picks!

Best thing to do then is to look up beginning on guitar sites etc. but at the same time sit down and listen to all the guitar songs you like, Deftones are perfect for beginning guitarists, Cause Steph has written so many simple riffs with the odd hard bit.

Just learn how to tune your guitar (best idea is to be lazy and get a Multi Effects pedal with its own tuner, then all you have to do is tune each string to the letter that flashes on the pedal hehe) and just play along to songs man.

My Own Summer is a perfect starting riff to learn dude.

That's all i did, Watch videos of Slipknot and mainly KoRn playing alllll the time and i'd just pick up on the little things they did on guitar and used common sense to try and play!

I've been playing almost two years and if i want to play a riff, I'll play it, Just takes a few days to nail perfect if it's realll hard. But yeah... don't forget, Patience is everything, If you expect to play everything in a week you will be sorely dissapointed, Set songs as goals man, that's what i do!

So finally, My Own Summer is your goal to learn first \m/

Sam

Word, sounds like a plan man.  I'll give it a go and hope to nail something down within the month.  Tis my goal.  Thanks

Subliminal

Quote from: Sam on Feb 22, 2007, 11:26 PM
Word, sounds like a plan man.  I'll give it a go and hope to nail something down within the month.  Tis my goal.  Thanks

Good man, I remember when i first learnt MOS, I was ecstatic :D but the riff is kinda boring to play (obviously no offence to Steph since it's a fuckin' heavy riff) but i'm developing into more of a technical, Lamb of God style player.

Sam

That's pretty bad ass, I definitely want to learn how to play that song and..i'm embarassed to ask but what are "leads?" 

Subliminal

Quote from: Sam on Feb 22, 2007, 11:46 PM
That's pretty bad ass, I definitely want to learn how to play that song and..i'm embarassed to ask but what are "leads?" 

Wires?  :o things that connect your guitar to your pedals/amp? haha

Sam

haha, told you I was a novice.

devilinside

Uno

with the heart of gold... to have and to hold.

deafnotes

4th Eye

Mmm, I see Jack Daniels everywhere...better go to the liquor store.

cyppe101

Quote from: 4th Eye on Feb 23, 2007, 04:10 PM
Mmm, I see Jack Daniels everywhere...better go to the liquor store.

I keep it homemade..  ;)

rxqueen

Is that Luci Liu in your sig? She's so beautiful. Plus she'd win every possible catfight I bet!

cyppe101

Yep, that's my Lucy..