Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Picture Thread

Started by alvarezbassist17, Jan 28, 2006, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

it's funny, 'cause i used to believe in god when i was younger, but over the years i just lost faith completely.

i realised what a waste it was to believe in something that never had helped me in any way. it actually made me a stronger person to give up faith and just live my life without being worried about someone/something judging me. yeah, there are good things in the bible, but certainly also alot of fucked up shit too.
now, i just don't see anything rational behind believing in something you can't prove.

i respect people who feel the need to believe in something. whatever helps them through life is cool with me, as long as they don't try to shove anything down my throat.

rxqueen

Quote from: Variable on Jun 21, 2007, 11:08 PM
]I dont know buddy.  To be honest I have a whole lot of questions about a whole lot of things that I am trying to answer and piece together.  and at this poing I really just dont know

Have you ever listened to Kaddisfly Trey? Let me show you some lyrics:

Your boundaries
Would have you thinking in segments
Does it hurt to pose the questions
Segments of what?

When you have pieces of something
There must be a whole
Of which the pieces
The pieces are a part, and

They say, "wait for such and such an event to happen,"
Call their bluff

There is not much time left
There is not enough time
Left to be making
These kind of predictions, ha

There is no basis for
These wordly hopes
Are you happy where you are at?
Keep telling yourself that

They say, "wait for such and such an event to happen,"
Call their bluff

After all, the end is the beginning, my friend

Oh, we exist in four...

There are a million points of view
And a billion conversations
But there is only one end;
It will end in one day
There's one reason

We live in three dimensions
But we exist in four, not three

We exist in four, not three

So sit back
And relax
And grab a cocktail
Oh, grab a cocktail
Grab a drink

Variable

Quote from: Subliminal on Jun 21, 2007, 11:15 PM
Quote from: Variable on Jun 21, 2007, 11:07 PM
Quote from: Subliminal on Jun 21, 2007, 11:00 PM
You should of just seen this guy called Keith Allen interview them all just now on t.v

It was JUST like me arguing with Trey about religion, Exactly. With me being Keith Allen and them being Trey.
so keith allen kept getting pwned and ignoring all the shit the other guy had to say?  And keith eventually just started saying shit that was irrelevant to the last comments made to try and play off how much he does not know?  Weird, they put that shit on tv?

Ofcourse, Because people aren't that stupid to believe that what these people are saying is true..

They were spouting off ''Don't believe everything you read''

But they believe the bible, word for word. So hilariously stupid.

Thing is, With me i've seen so many things in my life so far and all i do is use my common sense to tell myself that this whole religion thing is just pure bollocks. I can't fully ever explain myself because i don't waste my time sitting around remembering what it was that makes me decide i don't believe in any God or Religion.

I just get on with life, Why waste it trying to make people believe in something that really means nothing?
you sure do put in a lot of time defending it.

and you do know that I dont agree with those "god hates fags" people right?  so dont try to pawn their stupid doctrine off on me please.

Subliminal

Exactly, I agree with you Theis man.

I'm not saying religious people are weak minded, But people who really need guidance in ther life turn to religion, I don't feel i need to. Because i don't like being lied to, I can face the truth, I can handle it.

Funny thing is, That apparently makes me 'arrogant' and 'ignorant' to believe i can live my life without any rules or a God to judge me.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: theis on Jun 21, 2007, 11:17 PMi respect people who feel the need to believe in something. whatever helps them through life is cool with me, as long as they don't try to shove anything down my throat.
Agreed 100%

rxqueen

It's called 'believe'. If you believe in something it comes from the within, you have a feeling, a  presentiment. It's something people can't explain, if they could it would be called 'knowing' not 'believing'.

So yeh, saying people that believe in something are dumb or something  is pretty weak, cause feelings can't be faked, they come and go without explanation. We live in three dimension, but we exist in four. ;)

Variable

Quote from: Subliminal on Jun 21, 2007, 11:25 PM

I'm not saying religious people are weak minded, But people who really need guidance in ther life turn to religion, I don't feel i need to. Because i don't like being lied to, I can face the truth, I can handle it.

Funny thing is, That apparently makes me 'arrogant' and 'ignorant' to believe i can live my life without any rules or a God to judge me.

no.  Its just that you are so sure they are lies without really even knowing what they say.  and you are so sure that those people need guidance or the only people who turn to religion were in some sort of pain or hurt.  You think you have these people all figured out when you really just dont know man.  Just like the people who think they know all about fags and condemn them to hell for it.  Its all ignorant.

Subliminal

Quote from: Variable on Jun 21, 2007, 11:33 PM
Quote from: Subliminal on Jun 21, 2007, 11:25 PM

no.  Its just that you are so sure they are lies without really even knowing what they say.  and you are so sure that those people need guidance or the only people who turn to religion were in some sort of pain or hurt.  You think you have these people all figured out when you really just dont know man.  Just like the people who think they know all about fags and condemn them to hell for it.  Its all ignorant.

No matter if you're religious or not, We're all hypocrites at the end of the day, Noone is right and noone is wrong.

That's all there is to it.

Noone wants to die, They could tell you till they're blue in the face that they couldn't care less, But deep down, they don't want to die.

Because of everything in life there is nothing more certain than death, But what happens after it, Is something noone will ever be able to explain and it scares the hell out of people, I'm sure that's why Religion having an answer for everything is why people find great comfort in it.

If you can handle that when you die nothing happens, that's it, gone, for good, the whole idea of that when you're dead your brain wants to explode thinking about the outcome of it being nothing but nothing, Then why bother being lied to that there is an after life and you live for eternity.

Cause even that is something the brain can't even comprehend, The thought of living forever.

I could go on and on, It doesn't mean i know for 100% that God doesn't exsist or whatever.

rxqueen

Have you ever read about near death experiencs Liam? My sister is a nurse for the elderly and she also has younger patients, f.e. disabled persons and people that have an artificial respiration. This one woman told her what happened when she was dead for a few minutes. And you can do some research, there are some thing that even doctors can't explain logical. ;)

I'll say it again: We live in three dimensions, but we exist in four, not three.

penny

shut up and hijack this topic with me, emma.

rxqueen

No thanks. I think it's quite interesting talking about what other people believe or not.

I believe.. you're scared showing who you really are.

penny

oh god. again with the in depth, gay convos about beliefs and crap. no thanks to that.

theis

penny

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: rxqueen on Jun 21, 2007, 11:50 PM
No thanks. I think it's quite interesting talking about what other people believe or not.

I believe.. you're scared showing who you really are.

He/she/it told me he/she/it was a 23 year old chick and tried to show me some random myspace and said it was hers.

I called bullshit and she didn't deny it.

I don't know what to think.

rxqueen

He/she/it also told me it's got a girl that's pregnant and the baby should come in may. So blondie, how is the lil baby?

penny

Subliminal

I love how whenever Trey is on, Penny and WetPunani are on. They haven't been on when he isn't around.

penny

Quote from: Subliminal on Jun 22, 2007, 12:10 AM
I love how whenever Trey is on, Penny and WetPunani are on. They haven't been on when he isn't around.

adorable that you stalk me.

Subliminal

No just you post in all the same threads as Trey, around the same time.