"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Variable

Quote from: Variable on Dec 24, 2007, 07:10 AM
Quote from: White Pwny on Dec 23, 2007, 10:53 PM
Quote from: lithium on Dec 23, 2007, 04:21 PM
my cousin david

I'd like to see your cousin David use that LMG standing up.   LAWL.
Yeah thats called a 240 g , or 240 golf.  A guy the size of The Rock wouldnt be able to fire that standing up.  Hints the giant bi pod on the end.  That is also a classic "warrior pose" as in you dont really do anything in the military.  So you have to take pics of you doing nothing inside that make you look hard.  Thats why I dont really like posting pics of myself doing this shit.  I dont want people to put me in the same catagory as those kind of guys. 
You know what, after looking at this pic a bit closer I take back what I said.  thats not a 240, its a saw.  It just shoots 5.56 like a m4.  It really isnt even all that heavy.  You could fire it from the standing if you really wanted to.

deftonekid

Quote from: goldpony on Dec 27, 2007, 01:09 AM
Quote from: deftonekid on Dec 26, 2007, 08:06 PM
haha no offense but you look like a gay couple

lol

i take it youre the butch and hes the bitch ;D

gay haha

Variable

Pure wisdom
Respect

deftonekid

Quote from: Variable on Dec 28, 2007, 11:05 AM
Pure wisdom
Respect

haha man you're like promoting those words so hard, so you deserve "MUCH RESPECT"

occipudding

Quote from: Variable on Dec 22, 2007, 12:11 PM
ok so here are some pics because I know you all missed my beautiful face.

me teaching my ANA how to do a NPA (if you dont know what a NPA is, go take a fucking CPR class)

oh my god you do that on EACHOTHER?!?!  how is that not the nastiest thing in the world?  i hope you lubed it up good.  anybody without a gag reflex you could shove an opa into?  jesus... ive seen videos of people taking an npa for practice and it still gives me the willies everytime i see it.  ewwwwwwwww.
machete!  meow

Variable

you wouldnt shove an opa down anyone because they are completly useless in a field enviroment.  The only place you can use an opa is in an OR when someone is sedated.  But we do practice EJs, IOs,Folleys ect ect on eachother.  Then everything that is envasive we do on pigs

occipudding

Quote from: Variable on Dec 29, 2007, 04:57 AM
you wouldnt shove an opa down anyone because they are completly useless in a field enviroment.  The only place you can use an opa is in an OR when someone is sedated.  But we do practice EJs, IOs,Folleys ect ect on eachother.  Then everything that is envasive we do on pigs

ok i dont get it then.  this whole time ive been told that npas are contraindicated with known or suspected head trauma.  opas are not.  im assuming that "in the field" you're dealing mostly with trauma.  so i dontk now man.  explain this to me.
machete!  meow

Variable

Yeah thats because you are taught ATLS.  As was I.  The military goes by a different doctrine.  It is called TCCC (tactical combat casualty care)  Special forces medics and a few smarter than usual military doctors started to recognize that ATLS has a lot of really stupid ideas in it around the early 1990s.  These ideas are not so apparent when you are in the civilian world because you are like 15 min from a hospital almost 90% of the time.  These hospitals have all the blood and drugs and equpiment and personel in the world.  However in a military field enviroment sometimes it is just you, the gear you have on your back, and 72 hours before anyone comes to help.  Sooooo some , actually a lot of things had to change.  The war in Iraq is the first war in the history of the world where every single combat casualty gets a full autopsy to find out the exact cause of death.  The discoveries have been amazing and really changed the way we operate.  Plus ATLS is based largly on paranoia.  If it could happen to 1 person, it could happen to anyone.  So if there is a 0.000001% chance of something hurting someone, they take it as it could hurt anyone.  Which I mean sure I guess that sounds good.  But it holds back a lot of good at the same time.  Im not going to get into the whole thing because there are a million things that are different. 
  But to answer your initial question.  They have discovered that the intracranial pressure inside of your head is more powerful than the pressure you can apply to a NPA before it bends.  So it is actually impossible to push it into the skull.  But you can push a NG tube into the skull because it is more rigid.  So the paranoia set in and they determined the same for NPAs.
  Another thing you have to take into account that the #1 cause of trama in the civilian world is car crashes ( is faces into windshields) where the #1 cause of trauma in a combat enviroment is penetrating trama.  So most of our patients are conscious, where the majority of your patients are unconscous.  Even though research also shows that even unsconscous patients retain a gag reflex most of the time.  And the reason OPAs are taught in your class is because they are so widly used in the OR where every patient is....sedated.  Sooo to OR doctors say "well I am a doctor, and I use this, so should you"  They just dont understand what it is like to work in the field.  Same with LMAs, dont let them fool you with those either.  You are better off keeping safety pins in your pocket and pinning their toung to their lip.  If you really want to learn about ATLS compared to TCCC I would be more than happy to go on and on about this because I am a total nerd when it comes to EMS.  But probably not in the picture thread.

13hourstoparadise

goldpony

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Dec 29, 2007, 06:47 PM
Fuck it, my mug.

remember, wide end first. the bottle cap will just tear up your ass ;D
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

White Pwny

Quote from: goldpony on Dec 29, 2007, 09:37 PM
Fuck it, my mug.

remember, wide end first. the bottle cap will just tear up your ass ;D

Ouch.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

13hourstoparadise

Hahaha, well thanks for the advise NOW! A little late, KY did nothing... haha

Variable

I wish I had a giant bottle of beer to drink. 

White Pwny

I wish I had a giant...... nevermind.    ;D

13hourstoparadise

Me too, this pump does not seem to help.

Shaving works! :) makes it more, uh... I'm gonna STFU.

White Pwny

haha... pumps.  They make me laugh.   I was in this sex shop last night..   Some of the stuff you see is like....  ???

13hourstoparadise

People have some strange fetisits' (spelllllliiiinnng).

deftonekid

Fuck it, my mug.

fuck, send me some of those bro

Quote from: White Pwny on Dec 29, 2007, 09:49 PM
I wish I had a giant...... nevermind.    ;D

haha yeah I bet you wish ;D