Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Picture Thread

Started by alvarezbassist17, Jan 28, 2006, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Variable on Oct 06, 2008, 08:09 AM
Wether or not you believe Jesus was god or not is irrelevant.  The man that we all commonly know as Jesus Christ was in fact a real man.  And he was crucified by the Roman Empire.  There is an overwhelming amount of historical evidence to back that up.  You are pretty much a fool if you believe he is fictional character. 

there is also an overwhelming amount of evidence that basically all religion and its characters (including jebus) are based on the sun and the stars. you should check it out. they sum it up really well in the zeitgeist movie (and before you say I shouldn't believe anything I see on the internet, I've been interested in the subject before I saw that movie - plus, I believe anything I see in such movies as much as I believe anything I read in a history book written by some random old fart or the bible itself for that matter).

this is all besides the point though, IF jebus did exsist as a real person, then this jebus we're talking about still isn't him. so it's no more horrible to joke about that than to joke about any random guy dying by any random means.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Variable

What you are saying doesnt make any sense.  IF this is the man we all consider to be Jesus, even if he is not god and just claimed to be.  It is still not terrible to laugh at a man being nailed to a piece of wood?  Especially a man loved by so many people?  But still, any man at being nailed to a piece of wood, thats not a terrible thing to laugh at?

devilinside

EL OH EL! I've seen it before,but it's still pretty effin funnay.

Variable

Jacob

Quote from: Variable on Oct 06, 2008, 10:55 AM
What you are saying doesnt make any sense.  IF this is the man we all consider to be Jesus, even if he is not god and just claimed to be.  It is still not terrible to laugh at a man being nailed to a piece of wood?  Especially a man loved by so many people?  But still, any man at being nailed to a piece of wood, thats not a terrible thing to laugh at?

what I'm saying is that it's a lot more horrible to joke about jews in concentration camps and starving african children than a person who at most is based on some good samatarian who lived thousands of years ago, but most likely is simply a fictional character.

Variable

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told me that the Holocaust didn't really happen.  So maybe its ok to joke about that and call it fictional too? 

Chances are that Jesus was not fictional.  Chances are he is exactly who we all think he was.  Just with the disputable factor of wether or not he was god, or just a regular man.  Just because one video laied out a case for you, doesn't make it so.  There is a reason that so many educated people accept that the man as we know as Jesus Christ, existed at the bible portraits him.  Even many top evolutionist, atheist, and secular historians will give testimony to the great historical accuracy of the bible.

Either way.  The Roman empire crucified thousands of people.  That pic could be representing any of them.
Also either way.  Many, many people believe that "fictional" character to be real, and be god.   Perception is reality after all.  So its still horrible just because we know how many people believe that.

But, that's probably also what makes it so funny.

Jacob

like I said, that video didn't lay out the case for me. why did you ignore that part of my post? it's hard to have a serious discussion when you try to take such shortcuts. you should check it out. not because I'm trying to convince you that Jesus didn't exist. but because it's a very interesting take on basically all religion.

I've always been of the belief that Jesus did exist one way or another, and maybe he was crucified, who knows... but I don't believe in the blible for a minute. there is just as much proof for the bible being true as there is for UFO's or bigfoot: something likely happened, but what we're supposed to believe happened is based on stories passed on from person to person, wild imaginations and the human's natural instinct to believe in "something more".

I really didn't mean my post to turn into a discussion wether god/jesus exists. I was just saying there are a lot of things I find a lot more horrible to joke about than that picture. and thus funnier things. it was in no way an attack on anyone or anything.

people are really on edge here lately.

White Pwny

Maybe it's the lack of drugs.

Didn't think the "If you're Jesus and ya know it" would spark a Jesus debate!   =o)   Sorry!
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Variable

Quote from: aenemic on Oct 06, 2008, 03:08 PM
like I said, that video didn't lay out the case for me. why did you ignore that part of my post? it's hard to have a serious discussion when you try to take such shortcuts. you should check it out. not because I'm trying to convince you that Jesus didn't exist. but because it's a very interesting take on basically all religion.

I've always been of the belief that Jesus did exist one way or another, and maybe he was crucified, who knows... but I don't believe in the blible for a minute. there is just as much proof for the bible being true as there is for UFO's or bigfoot: something likely happened, but what we're supposed to believe happened is based on stories passed on from person to person, wild imaginations and the human's natural instinct to believe in "something more".

I really didn't mean my post to turn into a discussion wether god/jesus exists. I was just saying there are a lot of things I find a lot more horrible to joke about than that picture. and thus funnier things. it was in no way an attack on anyone or anything.

people are really on edge here lately.
I know that you saId that.  But chances are that all the Info that you aquIred before that vIdeo, and the Info In that vIdeo, are all sourced from the same place.  I would love to check out the vIdeo though.  I'm always up for new takes on thIngs.

and Jesus dId exhIst.  And he was crucIfIed.  There Is hIstorIcal proof of thIs from documentatIon from the Romans, as well as the Jews, as well as the soon to be ChrIstIans.  And probably some other places that Im forgettIng.  I'm not really an expert on the subject.  Its been a few years. 
When I saId the bIble was hIstorIcally accurate I meant that It Is accurate about the events that took place.  The part about god Is obvIously up for debate.  But the parts of the bIble that descrIbe cIvIlIzatIons and hIstorIcal events that took place, have been proven to be extremely accurate.

Anyways. You have to know that you are the mInorIty In what you belIeve.  So I just found It strange that you would be so sure of yourself when you called Jesus fIctIonal. SayIng that laughIng at a pIcture of a man that mIllIons of people see as theIr savIor, naIled to a cross, Is not horrIble.  Thats all.

and you are rIght, we have been a bit edgy around here lately.  Sorry, serIously.

Variable

Quote from: White Pwny on Oct 06, 2008, 03:10 PM
Maybe it's the lack of drugs.

Didn't think the "If you're Jesus and ya know it" would spark a Jesus debate!   =o)   Sorry!
I'm pretty sure that no problem on SL has ever been due to a lack of drugs.  I think people around here have that covered.

lostpilot

devilinside

lithium

💩

Variable

Jacob

I think I'm gonna have to gouge my eyes out.

lostpilot

Variable

Quote from: aenemic on Oct 07, 2008, 07:13 AM
Then you wouldn't be able to see the spiders coming

lostpilot

Quote from: Variable on Oct 07, 2008, 08:39 AM
Quote from: aenemic on Oct 07, 2008, 07:13 AM
Then you wouldn't be able to see the spiders coming

and how is THIS bad?

Variable

Because then they will get your ass

Jacob