Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Pearl Jam

Started by skinnypuppy, Mar 10, 2006, 07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Assassin

Ok thanks man, I'll get downloading.

fireflyry

Download a song called "Rear View Mirror"...it's the schizzle ma nizzle wizzle bizzle.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Assassin

Okizzle ma nizzle. Thankizzle yizzle.

Assassin

Well, I just listened to it and I wasn't too impressed to be honest. If their other stuff is along the same lines as this, I think I'll stick to metal.

tarkil

pearl jam rocks... Go over your first impressions girl ! They are monuments, you cannot just listen one song 1 time and say "blah blah blah I don't like blah blah blah metal blah blah blah".

Let it grow...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Assassin

True, but since Ry mentioned that song in particular, I was expecting something really special. I'm giving their other stuff a listen, I have 'Even Flow' on at the moment, it's alright I guess. Not really my thing though, although this song has some nice guitar-playing in it.

fireflyry

Quote from: tarkil on Apr 30, 2006, 08:20 PM
pearl jam rocks... Go over your first impressions girl ! They are monuments, you cannot just listen one song 1 time and say "blah blah blah I don't like blah blah blah metal blah blah blah".

Let it grow...

True but it's also a time and place thing.Your right though as Pearl Jam have pretty varied and diverse albums but it's a bad habit of mine to instantly call out fav tracks as they should, like any good band, be heard in album entirity.

"Rear View Mirrow" is a gem although "Black" live is my all time fav.When they played that here the whole crowd sung along....it was beautiful man....*sniffles*

I would upload the best of album but I'm feeling fat and lazy.

Jacob

I really like the new album, but at the same time Pearl Jam kinda bores me nowadays. they had something really special during their first few albums but then lost it and now it's more like just well written but rather ordinary rock songs.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Chrisbo

I can kinda get what aenemic is saying! I can be defensive and say 'Oh man, dont diss Pearl jam, they are the shiznit', but then I think, well hey nothing after Vitalogy has impressed me alot, sure there are some parts of their newer albums that I love, but I really am in love with the first few albums mostly. As for you, Zaz, getting into Pearl Jam, try songs like 'Spin The Black Circle', 'Jeremy', 'Once', 'Blood'. Hell if I know!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Azwethinkweiz

Damn, I think the new album is absolutely amazing.

Chrisbo

Yeah the new album is great, probably their best album since Vitalogy imo! The first half is excellent! And yeah, Zaz, try the songs I mentioned, but add 'Once', 'Rats', 'Go', 'Immortality' to that list hehe! There's too many PJ classics!

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Azwethinkweiz

my ranking of the Pearl Jam albums i've heard:

VS
Pearl Jam
Ten
Node Code
Yield

Chrisbo

Hmm for me it goes like this (almost in straight order)

Ten
Vs
Vitalogy
Pearl Jam
No Code
Yield
Binaural
Riot Act

Even though none are bad

Azwethinkweiz

They are definitely the best grunge band from the nineties (beats nirvana, soundgarden...yeah even Alice In Chains) imho.

Chrisbo

Hmmm, not sure about them beating Soundgarden (they're in my top 5 bands almost), but I do prefer them over Nirvana and Alice In Chains.

fireflyry

Chrisbo

ben

I'm going to make my bro buy this so I can listen to it.

Jacob

I'd rank them like this...

1. Ten
2. Yield
3. Vitalogy
4. No Code
5. Vs
6. Riot Act
7. Pearl Jam
8. Binaural
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep