Started by justaphase, Mar 17, 2006, 10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azwethinkweiz

Death Cab for Cutie

Azwethinkweiz

Sublime
Bright Eyes

Chrisbo

See I was going to mention some bands but then thought hmmm, they aint really chilled, they just have a few songs which are chilled. Ah well what the hey...

Try the album 'Damnation' by Opeth, it's a straight out acoustic-ey prog album which I chill out to from time to time. I also find some of the stuff off the album 'Christmas' by Old Man Gloom is pretty chilling, in the sense that I can put it on and just kinda lose myself in the music. Pelican are another band who are good at doing that kind of hypnotic shit!

Guess my kind of chilled out music is different from other people, I like music you can immerse yourself into.

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

died20times

listen to Pelican.

they're tight.

ben

The Appleseed Cast
Thedecember Drive

Chrisbo

Quote from: died20times on Mar 23, 2006, 11:10 PM
listen to Pelican.

they're tight.

Yup, damn straight! Just to add, if they havent been mentioned already, Mew are pretty good to chill out to.

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Muempire

Antimatter - Plannetary Confinement

Very very good album

aka. TeamTones

BlitzkidMC

Team Sleep!
Led Zeppelin!
Elvis!
and the Cure!!
aahh Deftones!!

Fireal1222

if u want chill

nick drake is all u need

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

fireflyry

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

KingCrimson

i chill listening to any cd.

Fireal1222

the most chillinest of music is from the 60s and 70s for the most part

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

alvarezbassist17

bedroom heroes, obviously

Fireal1222

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on May 27, 2006, 03:15 PM
bedroom heroes, obviously

hell yeah, sea change is amazing

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Azwethinkweiz

tonus

I know Jakob has been mentioned, but I can`t keep myself of dropping their name again. A band I really really like.

oh yeah and Shora`s good too
bullabullablää?

pissedandpierced

Quote from: Ghost of a Bullet on Mar 17, 2006, 06:30 PM
Sneaker Pimps

When 'Becoming X' was released I was totally in love with this band but when Kellie left they turned shit. I listened to 'Becoming X' on Saturday at a friends and I realised how much I missed and relied on that album.

I'm totally into the 'Chill Out' stuff and I have loads of those compilations, there so good to end a late night/early morning.

Air
Massive Attack
Zero 7
Portishead
Groove Armada
Jose Gonzalez
Royksopp
Morcheeba
Kinobe
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Gaz

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Nov 19, 2006, 08:35 PM
Quote from: Ghost of a Bullet on Mar 17, 2006, 06:30 PM
Sneaker Pimps

When 'Becoming X' was released I was totally in love with this band but when Kellie left they turned shit. I listened to 'Becoming X' on Saturday at a friends and I realised how much I missed and relied on that album.

Yeah same here, I heard it when it first got released, it was back in the day when I was in thrid year of high school and was really getting into a lot of dance / trance and electronic music, I fucking loved this album, I actually overplayed it and stopped listening to it when I left school, then re discovered it mid way through college. They are nothing without Kellie, all their other stuff is dull.

pissedandpierced

I think I might have to buy a new copy of 'Becoming X' as I believe my copy has a nasty gash on '6 Underground'.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Ever_Foreign_Flag

Shins & Chili Peppers