Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Wolfmother

Started by justaphase, May 05, 2006, 10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justaphase

wat do u guys think?

thank u for bringing back oldskewl shit!

if u haven't yet
pick up wolfmother's self titled lp

Crazylegs

I loves me some wolfmother

Azwethinkweiz

this band is kickass.

great great great.

ben

This band really is good.  There is no fronting here.

ToneDef

^^ Nice dogday sig.

I heard some stuff about this band and I'm thinking of checking them out. However, is it really a kinda Zeppelin/Sabbath sound? Cause that sounds awful to me. It was a tones fan who recommended them so I assume there must be that little something extra to them...

ben

Quote from: ToneDef on May 07, 2006, 02:20 PM
^^ Nice dogday sig.

I heard some stuff about this band and I'm thinking of checking them out. However, is it really a kinda Zeppelin/Sabbath sound?

Yea I'd say they gain a lot of influence from those bands, so I don't know what to tell you.

and yea, Dog Day Afternoon rules.

ToneDef

I dunno then man. That 'classic raaaaawk' sound just aint for me.

yoda on mars

A M A Z I N G !!!

Love them!

KingCrimson

i dont mind them. theyr not really doing anything different. and the video for "mind's eye" reminds me to much of pink floyd live at pompeii. im sure ive said this before.
dont get me wrong, great band, they totally rocked out live.

fireflyry

It's been done before and better imo.

Saw them live and they are a great live band but the album is just stoner rock with occasional Floyd/Zep/Sab references.They ain't no Kyuss.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

KingCrimson

fireflyry

KingCrimson

welcome to sky valley is awesome just after youve smoked a big joint on a road trip.
we did this while driving to wellington once, funnily enough we put it on when we drove thru desert road. ironic.

fireflyry

Your a kiwi?

Chur.

KingCrimson

Sam

Not a bad band.  Definitely has that old 70's rock sound to it, which I like.  But man, no use in copying a decade of music that already had its impact on the world.

Crazylegs

Quote from: fireflyry on May 10, 2006, 02:31 AM
It's been done before and better imo.

Saw them live and they are a great live band but the album is just stoner rock with occasional Floyd/Zep/Sab references.They ain't no Kyuss.

that's true.

BloodyKnifePrty

I just read that Ross and Heskett left the band.  Bummer.  But Stockdale is going to go on with Wolfmother.

whodunit?

Quote from: BloodyKnifePrty on Aug 14, 2008, 12:19 AM
I just read that Ross and Heskett left the band.  Bummer.  But Stockdale is going to go on with Wolfmother.

... but under a different name.

I read that few days ago and was shocked cause as far as I remember they said they've made much of the material for the new record.

wither-I

gay. they were nothing truely new, but definitly an awesome awesome band nonetheless.

who are the two guys that left? like what was their role in the band? i dont know much about these guys...

maybe they'll start something new...

"coming into the nearness of distance"