Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

post/talk about all the new demos here.

Started by Zevaka, Aug 07, 2006, 08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Quote from: BrewHa on Aug 20, 2007, 12:58 AM
Theres some new demo's up on the myspace page.  :)

www.myspace.com/teamsleep
i think they are all previously released

sea block= c block
am formant = formant m ( i think...)

can't wait for new stuff, though.

Deftonesaddict

maybe they changed the names of the demos because they are final demos and not rough mixes anymore. are there any subtle differences in them we may not be aware of in a first listen.

mhrodrig can u rip those 2 anyway?

Mikey

Quote from: Deftonesaddict on Aug 20, 2007, 11:07 AM
maybe they changed the names of the demos because they are final demos and not rough mixes anymore. are there any subtle differences in them we may not be aware of in a first listen.

mhrodrig can u rip those 2 anyway?
working on it.....
will edit when they are ripped and upped.

EDIT:
here ya go.... sorry, but they are at 96kbps. i dunno too much about ripping streaming audio from myspace. i coulda cheated and converted up to 192, but what's the point in that?

sea block
http://rapidshare.com/files/50175738/Team_Sleep_-_sea_block.mp3
am formant
http://rapidshare.com/files/50176604/Team_Sleep_-_am_formant.mp3

Mikey

upon closer review.....
sea block is different than c block
sea block has a running time of 1:56, whereas c block runs at 3:16
plus, sea block is missing that whole chopping of the beat that is towards the end of c block

AM formant runs at 4:18, not matching in length with any of the previous versions(except maybe the original from 2005)
formant version 2 and formant M are at 5:43
formant 12 is at 4:07
alls i know is that AM formant doesn't have the birds in the mix  like version 2 and fomant M.

my bad.....

unfamed

What it boils down to is that Sea Block is shorter and Formant doesn't have the additional atmosphere but does have the unnessecary additional reverb and all the other songs are the same.
never odd or even

sleeper/pilot11

anyone have solid gold with lyrics?please please please let me get what i want!!!

unfamed

never odd or even

Mikey

Quote from: sleeper/pilot11 on Aug 20, 2007, 11:43 PM
anyone have solid gold with lyrics?please please please let me get what i want!!!

Quote from: unfamed on Aug 21, 2007, 04:55 AM
the live versions?

yeah. the only versions of solid gold with lyrics are the live versions. (so far)

check out the el rey and the bluebird shows to get those versions.  they are both individual topics in the team sleep section

Mikey

btw. i just wanted to let you all know......

the songs in any myspace player are all at 96 kbps.  it is only when you are allowed to download them that you have access to the original bitrate.  i discovered this by testing on my personal music site.  when i ripped the songs, they were 96kbps and when i downloaded(my songs are available for download) they were at 128 (the original mp3)

unfamed

Quote from: mhrodrig on Aug 21, 2007, 05:09 AM

the live versions?

yeah. the only versions of solid gold with lyrics are the live versions. (so far)

check out the el rey and the bluebird shows to get those versions.  they are both individual topics in the team sleep section
I understand that the only versions are live versions but I wasn't going to post them if whomever was another person looking for the imaginary studio version with vocals. In addition to the shows mhrodrig listed the harlows bootleg is a favorite of mine, not that the quality is that great but it was a good show also the cactus club show... I guess the early shaws are the favorites of mine but that may be just a personal attachment. The Bluebird show is a good quality boot and they played well that night... even though the crowd sucked.
never odd or even

Mikey

Quote from: unfamed on Aug 21, 2007, 06:54 AM
Quote from: mhrodrig on Aug 21, 2007, 05:09 AM

the live versions?

I understand that the only versions are live versions but I wasn't going to post them if whomever was another person looking for the imaginary studio version with vocals. In addition to the shows mhrodrig listed the harlows bootleg is a favorite of mine, not that the quality is that great but it was a good show also the cactus club show... I guess the early shaws are the favorites of mine but that may be just a personal attachment. The Bluebird show is a good quality boot and they played well that night... even though the crowd sucked.
sorry for the confusion, unfamed. i was trying to include you in the response to sleeper/pilot11. i was agreeing with you. i didn't mean for it to sound like you didn't know your shit or anything.

oh, and hells yeah on the bluebird boot!!! really good quality, and it has one of the best natalie portmans that i have heard live. the echo on the chorus is the fucking bee's knees!!! 

i wish i had the trabendo, paris version. :(

yoda on mars

Mikey

Oldnewtype

these demos are all in such shitty quality its awesome

Corleone

seablock... love this fucking demo, that click noise is gold

Replicant

I agree with Oldnewtype, but there is still a part of me that loves a proper audio quality.  Anybody here be able to help me out?

scatterbrain

QuoteRe: post/talk about all the new demos here.
« Reply #245 on: Jun 17, 2007, 11:25 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Replicant on Jun 16, 2007, 03:32 AM
mhrodrig ,

Is there any chance that you could U/L the 2005 and 2006 demos that you have?  They seem to have been deleted by my buddy that was using my computer.   

He is being beaten as we speak.

no prob, replicant. here they go...some aren't necessarily from 2005 and 2006, so i don't want to hear people bitching about how my dates are all wrong or some bullshit like that. i'm just giving you what i have that isn't live or from unmastered or from the s/t

http://rapidshare.com/files/37859416/Demos_2005.rar.html
demos 2005:
table of contents
acoustic one mellow version
TdCk
Blvd nights (demo)
C2
in loco parentis
doomed user
the amherst  terrorist
bionica
formant
natalie portman (full mix)

http://rapidshare.com/files/37859283/demos_2006.rar.html
demos 2006:
formant 12
formant (version 2)
formant M
headhunter
Lppp
your skull is red acoustic
c block
liberace
jaguar
just kidding
magnum manipulator
mercedes (radio edit)
tennisface

can somebody please put this in a zip at one point or another
i cant use the rar program pieec by piece or whatever it dont matter i really want to hear this
it would be greatly aprecated
thank you
im me and thats all ill ever be

tarkil

Yes you can use the rar program...
You just have to be not lazy

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.