Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Mastodon

Started by Chrisbo, Sep 13, 2006, 08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoda on mars

yeah, but yo ucan only watch it in US. fuckin americans...

Alvar

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

yoda on mars

I've already seen it. Wicked video. I think it's one of their best songs and videos.

Oldnewtype

Does anyone have an mp3 of the song they played on the aqua teen movie?

yoda on mars

yes, I'll upload it tommorrow as well as DAMO&OMAR

theis

from myspace:

MASTODON WITH THE FOO FIGHTERS AT THE V.M.A'S!

Foo Fighters have enlisted friends old and new to join them for a night of exclusive one-time-only 2007 MTV VMA performances. System of a Down's Serj Tankian, Mastodon and old friends Josh Homme & Troy Van Leeuwen of Queens of the Stone Age have all signed on to play alongside Foo Fighters in their Fantasy Suite. Don't miss this one night only event, happening only on the 2007 MTV VMAs airing live on Sunday, September 9th at 9PM

fuck yeah!!! i'll def. be watching this.

yoda on mars

so awesome! i hope it's gonna be some crazy stuff! but hey, it's ff, mastodon, and qotsa in one show! hell yeah!!!

theis

don't forget about the foo's. they know how to rock the shit too.

it's gonna be awesome.

Edit: haha my bad. didn't see the 'ff".

yoda on mars

Quote from: theis on Sep 06, 2007, 02:44 PM

Edit: haha my bad. didn't see the 'ff".

haha, I was going to post that :)

theis

i just ordered this baby:

sex.

yoda on mars

they have tons of much more interesting merch

Oldnewtype

Quote from: theis on Sep 06, 2007, 01:13 PM
from myspace:

MASTODON WITH THE FOO FIGHTERS AT THE V.M.A'S!

Foo Fighters have enlisted friends old and new to join them for a night of exclusive one-time-only 2007 MTV VMA performances. System of a Down's Serj Tankian, Mastodon and old friends Josh Homme & Troy Van Leeuwen of Queens of the Stone Age have all signed on to play alongside Foo Fighters in their Fantasy Suite. Don't miss this one night only event, happening only on the 2007 MTV VMAs airing live on Sunday, September 9th at 9PM

fuck yeah!!! i'll def. be watching this.

I flipped to mtv while i was getting high the other day and was amazed to find all these people covering holiday in cambodia. Pretty fuckin nice.

Crazylegs

This thread needs a bump.

I've really been enjoying these guys lately. I started listening to them a few years ago and didn't really care much for them, but god they have grown on me. I fucking love them now. All their albums are solid gold.

whodunit?

^ nice, but I'm tired of these clowns at the moment. however, great band.

Jizzlobber

some of the 'Making of Blood Mountain" episodes on YT are hilarious!

Brent Hinds is a drunk madman/superstud
<

theis

i don't think it's possible for me to get tired of these guys.

theis

The Boss and Mastodon... haha fucking awesome. it doesn't get any cooler than that.

Oldnewtype

from billboard.com:

Hard rock outfit Mastodon is five songs into its next Warner Bros. studio album, which the group is recording in its Atlanta hometown with producer Brendan O'Brien.

Drummer Brann Dailor tells Billboard.com that so far, "everything sounds real creepy and spaced out and different." He's particularly enthused about a 15-minute jam dubbed "The Last Baron," which happily, O'Brien had no interest in making shorter or changing.

"There's so many toys to play with over at his studio, like pipe organs and all this crazy sh*t," says Dailor, who was introduced to O'Brien through Bruce Springsteen drummer Max Weinberg (his son is a big Mastodon fan). "There are little cool things we're going to do to the record that we've been wanting to do for a long time."

Dailor promises the as-yet-untitled album, which should be out before the end of the year, will have the conceptual feel of prior releases "Leviathan" (based around "water") and "Blood Mountain" ("earth"), but he's not ready to get specific just yet.

"I think a lot of people didn't realize 'Blood Mountain' was a concept record," he says. "We made up our own story again this time, but we may try to make it a little more evident that that's what's going on. I like to keep them speculating on our message board. There's no possible way they could guess this."

Among the other tracks tipped to make the cut are "Divinations," which Dailor describes as "a mover and a shaker," and "Oblivion," which he says is "real moody. It feels like the music got a little deeper somehow." He adds that Neurosis singer Scott Kelly may wind up making a guest appearance on the album but that nothing is set in stone yet.

Fans are likely to get a taste of new Mastodon material during the band's set at Bonnaroo next weekend ("We can't wait any longer," Dailor admits). Afterward, Mastodon will return to Atlanta to continue work with O'Brien before embarking on the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem tour July 9 in Seattle.

"I have a feeling like I had before 'Leviathan' came out," Dailor says. "It was like, I was feeling like we're not that band. Everyone thinks we're the band that did 'Remission,' but we're not. We're a new band."

Battle-Axe

I wonder why they ditched Matt Bayles?

Anyway I'm soooo fucking excited for this :D I'm hoping they'll come support Meshuggah on their UK tour, even if the album isn't out by then which is more than likely won't be. That's probably just wishful thinking though :[

Oldnewtype

Mastodon have booked the following off-dates with Machine Head and Black Tide from the upcoming "Rockstar Energy Mayhem Tour":
July 10th Portland, OR - Roseland Theater
July 17th Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues
August 04th Poughkeepsie, NY - The Chance

Meanwhile a promo image for Mastodon's upcoming new album that has been making the rounds bears a close resemblance to "The Mad Monk" Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin; leading some to speculate Rasputin will be a theme in the groups upcoming conceptual effort.