Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

obama

Started by Nailec, Jun 26, 2008, 02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nailec

i just read he wants death penalty for child rape.

anyone else thinking this is pretty dumb?

tarkil

I actually don't really care...

The way I see it is that he wants to appear tough on some points because he fears being regarded as weak on lots of different issues.
Which is indeed pretty dumb.

Regarding the actual fact of death penalty for children rape, I didn't think enough to have a "smart" opinion on it, and don't feel like it right now so...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Nailec

just on principle i am against harder punishments that are ignoring the system that is producing child abusing fucktards.

its just the easier way to do so. but then. there are elections. he has to say someting popular...

Variable

well for those of you who were hoping that he was a genuine new breed of politician.  You can go ahead and let that go.  I dont understand some of the things he has been doing lately.  He was doing so well riding on his wave of change ( and of course never stating what that change actually would be ) Then lately he was been playing some obvious political games.

this was obviously an attempt to gain support from more conservative voters.  He tried to pick a middle ground that no one could disagree is despicable ( child rape ) then throw an ultra conservative punishment at it.  I mean you cant even kill child murderers in every state.  Now he is calling for the death of child rapist?  And its strange because he is so liberal.  So obviously he is counting on the liberal vote of America.  But so many liberals are against the death penalty all together.  It seems that he would loose their vote over this.  Not that he would loose them to Mccain but maybe to Barr or Nader.  And seeing as how Barr is already predicted to take a large % of votes from Mccain.  Obama doesn't need to be losing any himself to a 3rd party.  It is just a strange move to me.

As far as how I feel about the actual Death Penalty for child rape.  I have to agree with Tarkil.  I am not a wise enough man to decide who should die and who should not.  But if I was ever going to support something like this.  It would have to come with undeniable evidence.  The thought of innocent people rotting in Death Row sickens me.  Then again, so does child rape.  So I dont know.  Such a harsh punishment is obviously meant to be a deterrent to prevent the act from ever happening at all.  But eventually you will have to enforce it.  So I dont know.

devilinside

Well...... I'm totally for the death penalty. If someone were to hurt my children, If I didn't kill them first,sure...let the state kill them. I would much rather them die and rot in hell than my tax paying dollars feeding that fucker.

White Pwny

If you kill or rape a child.  You deserve to die.     

"Kill em all... let God sort em out"
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

devilinside

Quote from: Nailec on Jun 26, 2008, 02:07 PM

Well,what I think is until you have children,you have no idea how much you can love someone. Before children you're pretty self absorbed. But once you have a child,it's like a flip of a switch. You will do whatever physically possible to protect that little being, and become soo protective,you would never imagine yourself being this way before. I really cant compare the level of love you will have,because nothing DOES compare. But once you (if you) ever have children,you will think back to this comment and realize "WOW...I can't believe I said that".

Nailec

there is no way i want put any human over a moral law.

perhaps i would also kill the rapist or murderer of my child. but then i totally deserve jail because i made a mistake.

Jacob

I don't believe in death penalties and I never will, mainly for the fact that there will always be that one innocent person who was wrongfully accused.

I do, however, believe in harder punishments. at the same time, Nailec is right in saying that you have to dig deeper to root out the problems that create rapists and murderers.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

goldpony

Quote from: White Pwny on Jun 26, 2008, 06:20 PM
If you kill or rape a child.  You deserve to die.     
Quote from: aenemic on Jun 26, 2008, 08:27 PM
I don't believe in death penalties and I never will, mainly for the fact that there will always be that one innocent person who was wrongfully accused.

I do, however, believe in harder punishments. at the same time, Nailec is right in saying that you have to dig deeper to root out the problems that create rapists and murderers.

i agree with both these statements. kinda contradictory i know, but as a father if someone hurt my daughter i would be first in line for calling for vengance. at the same time, i could never live with myself if an innocent person was put to death. we as a society definitely need to do a better job of preventing this in the first place.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

devilinside

Obviously I would want the guilty one killed...that's a given. If it were rape,there's probably what,a 99% chance of DNA being left behind. Of course it would be harder to find the guilty one if a child was murdered and there was no evidence. Im talking about guilty,no way around the evidence guilty not "oh,you look like a pervert,I pick you to die!"  Like OJ Simpson...that fucker would be dead over 10 years if I had any say.

Hidalgo

nah, sounds fine by me

Corleone

I'm sorry but this thread now makes me think you are a child rapist....  :-\

Shaye

What is all this bullshit about "digging deeper at the root of the problem"? People have been doing that for years and years already. People who murder (with the exception of crimes of passion or self defense) or rape others are not of sound mind.

So what is the alternative? Sentence them to a 10 or 20 years jail sentence that tax payers pay for, while the scumbag eats 3 meals a day, lifts weights and fools everyone into thinking that he's turned to God to help him get through his struggle. Pedophilia is not curable. People don't go to therapy and rid themselves of the problem. If they do, it's a one in a million chance. How much longer do we spend trying to figure out what millions of different factors could have caused someone to do something so disgusting, while just letting it happen more and more?

What do you say in the meantime, "Don't worry, we're working on it" ? Are child rapists or murderers productive members of society? I sure as fuck don't think so. Frankly, I understand worrying about innocent people who are wrongly accused, but take that out of the equation and think about those who are guilty. What then?

Whether you are for or against the death penalty, please don't for a second think that people who rape or molest children can be rehabilitated. If they could they wouldn't have maps of your neighborhood on the internet showing red dots over the places where convicted molesters live.

devilinside

whodunit?

no. he's right. I'd vote Obama.

derekautomatica

we should poke their brains with sharp needles. that'll teach em.

Nailec

Quote from: Shaye on Jun 26, 2008, 10:46 PM
What is all this bullshit about "digging deeper at the root of the problem"? People have been doing that for years and years already. People who murder (with the exception of crimes of passion or self defense) or rape others are not of sound mind.

So what is the alternative? Sentence them to a 10 or 20 years jail sentence that tax payers pay for, while the scumbag eats 3 meals a day, lifts weights and fools everyone into thinking that he's turned to God to help him get through his struggle. Pedophilia is not curable. People don't go to therapy and rid themselves of the problem. If they do, it's a one in a million chance. How much longer do we spend trying to figure out what millions of different factors could have caused someone to do something so disgusting, while just letting it happen more and more?

What do you say in the meantime, "Don't worry, we're working on it" ? Are child rapists or murderers productive members of society? I sure as fuck don't think so. Frankly, I understand worrying about innocent people who are wrongly accused, but take that out of the equation and think about those who are guilty. What then?

Whether you are for or against the death penalty, please don't for a second think that people who rape or molest children can be rehabilitated. If they could they wouldn't have maps of your neighborhood on the internet showing red dots over the places where convicted molesters live.

yeah you pretty much missed my point.

its neither a decision nor some kind of illness to become a murderer/rapist etc.

its the wrong society who allows them to develop. sure the rape/murdere itself possibly is a decision but it has a longer history. and this is where the politicians should concentrate on.

elaborate what the problem is. spend money in preventive actions. profit.

killing people is a barbaric act. may it e by law or illegal. it may give others a feeling of security of rapists are killed but it wont stop the society from producing rapists.

Shaye

Quote from: Variable on Jun 26, 2008, 03:52 PM
well for those of you who were hoping that he was a genuine new breed of politician.  You can go ahead and let that go. 

A genuine new breed of politician is not what I was thinking, and anyone with a brain shouldn't have thought so either. But he's certainly intelligent, eloquent and IMO a wayyyyyyy better candidate than the other 2 dimwits he was up against. If he beats the his senile counterpart into office this year, only time will tell whether things work out. There is no sure thing when it comes to any of them, meaning Clinton, McCain or Obama.

Shaye

Quote from: Nailec on Jun 26, 2008, 11:12 PM
Quote from: Shaye on Jun 26, 2008, 10:46 PM

yeah you pretty much missed my point.

its neither a decision nor some kind of illness to become a murderer/rapist etc.

its the wrong society who allows them to develop. sure the rape/murdere itself possibly is a decision but it has a longer history. and this is where the politicians should concentrate on.

elaborate what the problem is. spend money in preventive actions. profit.

killing people is a barbaric act. may it e by law or illegal. it may give others a feeling of security of rapists are killed but it wont stop the society from producing rapists.

I didn't miss your point. I took it for what it was and elaborated on the issue and provided some of my own opinions and questions.

What is the preventive actions people are supposed to spend money on? How can you prevent someone from doing something before they do it?

Changing society has nothing to do with rape and/or murder. Both have been happening throughout the world for thousands of years in all different societies and cultures. This isn't something that just popped up here in America one day.