Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

song played live/ online videos/ youtube

Started by vadimo, Nov 06, 2006, 04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

And to answer your question, the complete proshot shows from the Diamond Eyes era are the album release show, the myspace show, the KROQ show, and I think that's all. This year was poor, proshot wise. There's also the incomplete proshot of Optimus Alive and the MTV London show.

Hidalgo

Quote from: CaĆ­n on Dec 20, 2010, 05:21 PM
gooddamn. stop with the 2003 shit already.   
i know, it's like that's the only year they existed around here. omg s/t!! omg 2003!! mix it up please

Hidalgo

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 20, 2010, 05:37 PM
And to answer your question, the complete proshot shows from the Diamond Eyes era are the album release show, the myspace show, the KROQ show, and I think that's all. This year was poor, proshot wise. There's also the incomplete proshot of Optimus Alive and the MTV London show.
the proshot show when they played the entire DE album was an instant classic

HexagramW

I'm down with the new album 100% and want to see new stuff as much as possible but rare 03 footage is still awesome. Keep it up V  ;) Btw..I am formerly TheQuietDoom46...just changed my name. Still the same on YT though.  :)

sing blue silver

everyone has seen this a million times but this is probably my all time favorite deftones live clip. the spot on performance, the rain, pissed off chino, abe just fuckin givin it. it's excellent. also it's not 2003 (though i love that era).

Deftones - Lotion Live @ Bizarre Festival 1998

Hidalgo

that show should have been released on vhs then dvd. i copied that from someone in late 98 or early 99, i was so excited to have it, cause you couldn't see countless stuff like that back then like we can now

Vesanic

Quote from: Hidalgo on Dec 20, 2010, 06:29 PM
i know, it's like that's the only year they existed around here. omg s/t!! omg 2003!! mix it up please

That's being silly. It's not because I've put up some more 2003's stuff than usual that it's the only thing you can see here... Not too long ago I posted a full show from the House of Fur tour and I posted Cherry Waves in Las Vegas 2006 like a couple of days ago.

Hidalgo

i'd really love to see more footage of the like linus days, it's rare stuff

Hidalgo

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 20, 2010, 06:49 PM
Quote from: Hidalgo on Dec 20, 2010, 06:29 PM

That's being silly. It's not because I've put up some more 2003's stuff than usual that it's the only thing you can see here... Not too long ago I posted a full show from the House of Fur tour and I posted Cherry Waves in Las Vegas 2006 like a couple of days ago.
well i wasn't talking about just you, more of the non stop 2003 is by far their best year attitude here(why that somewhat bland year for them is so loved here is beyond me. but it's overwelming 03 bias. there's 22 other years of deftones, plenty of which are better than 03. they have 22 years of history folks, step outside your 03 boxes. not really directed all at you, you're actually awesome for this site, keepin the news coming and videos etc. you usually mix it up well. i appreciate what you contribute. 03 was the start of the dark days and less pasionate attitude for their work, that's why i'm not crazy about 03-07.

Hidalgo

i like snw and s/t both alot, but there's really no definitive songs on those albums, or much fewer, certainly by their standards. they're just like 2 really cool b-sides albums imo. the essentials are on the first 3 and DE imho

sing blue silver

Quote from: Hidalgo on Dec 20, 2010, 07:10 PM
i like snw and s/t both alot, but there's really no definitive songs on those albums, or much fewer, certainly by their standards. they're just like 2 really cool b-sides albums imo. the essentials are on the first 3 and DE imho

i think S/T has a lot of deftones essentials. hexagram, needles and pins, AOAUE, bloody cape and minerva are all definitive deftones tunes in my opinon. it's not ATF but i think it's their next best. SNW doesn't have so much but i love that album to death because it's so different. the only really deftones classics on that album for me are beware and kimdracula but i think that album is solid gold too.

Vesanic

" Proshot " of Rocket Skates and Risk in Milan, December 06th 2010

Deftones - 6 dicembre 2010

sing blue silver

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 20, 2010, 07:27 PM

with a little ATF sprinkled in the middle

Hidalgo

well of course they're essentials to you s/t diehards but not to the average deftones fans and diehards. if they ever made a definitive deftones collection they might skip s/t and snw all together. maybe minerva gets in. the vast majority aren't crazy about those albums, that's why 2010 is being called a comeback year for deftones, and DE being among rock album of the years list, being call their best since wp, and for good reason

Vesanic

Quote from: Hidalgo on Dec 20, 2010, 07:33 PM
and for good reason

Let's not start that debate, you know we'd never see the end of it.

Hidalgo

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 20, 2010, 07:27 PM

damn they're good at risk live!! ouwww!!

nicklav

Everyone is forgetting about Moana. That song is beautiful.

Vesanic

Quote from: nicklav on Dec 20, 2010, 07:59 PM
Everyone is forgetting about Moana. That song is beautiful.

SSSHHH U GONNA BE DEZTROID BUY HIDALGO EN CAIN TOO MUCH STUPH FRM 2003 OMG OMG

the same sound

Hidalgo

alot of people can't stand moana, i guess cause Chino's vocals can be annoying, also in gmb and DB. certain notes sorta off key on that album can be irritating, loud and ear piercing (his worst vocals on any album imo but i like moana, it's really different. not among their best, same with gmb and DB, but they're good in their own way. they don't make bad songs