Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

song played live/ online videos/ youtube

Started by vadimo, Nov 06, 2006, 04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidalgo

Hidalgo

is there gonna be 2 more parts of that video with Stef? towards the end he was talkin like he was gonna start soloing. but this videos old i take it, before eros got started. he was thinking about soloing alot more then. "on the next record when it's lead time" and he does a guitar solo motion. makes me wonder if eros has any leads. he went in with the idea but maybe didn't make the final cut

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: Hidalgo on Dec 20, 2010, 07:33 PM
well of course they're essentials to you s/t diehards but not to the average deftones fans and diehards. if they ever made a definitive deftones collection they might skip s/t and snw all together. maybe minerva gets in. the vast majority aren't crazy about those albums, that's why 2010 is being called a comeback year for deftones, and DE being among rock album of the years list, being call their best since wp, and for good reason
Only in your world, bud. Save your breathe
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

nicklav

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 20, 2010, 08:09 PM
Quote from: nicklav on Dec 20, 2010, 07:59 PM
Everyone is forgetting about Moana. That song is beautiful.

SSSHHH U GONNA BE DEZTROID BUY HIDALGO EN CAIN TOO MUCH STUPH FRM 2003 OMG OMG

Fuck that.

Hidalgo

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Dec 20, 2010, 10:03 PM
Quote from: Hidalgo on Dec 20, 2010, 07:33 PM
well of course they're essentials to you s/t diehards but not to the average deftones fans and diehards. if they ever made a definitive deftones collection they might skip s/t and snw all together. maybe minerva gets in. the vast majority aren't crazy about those albums, that's why 2010 is being called a comeback year for deftones, and DE being among rock album of the years list, being call their best since wp, and for good reason
Only in your world, bud. Save your breathe
yea i'm making all this up, you're right

from_musings

Quote from: Hidalgo on Dec 20, 2010, 08:18 PM
alot of people can't stand moana, i guess cause Chino's vocals can be annoying, also in gmb and DB. certain notes sorta off key on that album can be irritating, loud and ear piercing (his worst vocals on any album imo but i like moana, it's really different. not among their best, same with gmb and DB, but they're good in their own way. they don't make bad songs

When he sings on most songs on s/t, it's 100% emotion. it feels very deep sincere and honest. To communicate a feeling seems to come first, then to sing 'right' is secondary.
it's just beautiful,the most heartfelt singing on any deftones record by chino, he's really in your face with his sadness,  im lovin it.

On SNW - it's the quite the opposite, this is where he tries to sing right but it sounds very strained,fake and demo-like at times. I am alittle surprised that an album that took so long to make can sound so bad at times  :-X

Hidalgo

i thought he had good emotion, but lack of good ideas, melodies, choruses etc, and off key too often. writers block i think. and steff with too many 2 riff songs with no breakdowns or bridges. but it's deftones and i still dig it for sure. just dig it the least

from_musings

Quote from: Hidalgo on Dec 20, 2010, 10:44 PM
but lack of good ideas, melodies, choruses etc

haha I highly disagree

Hidalgo

well, i wanna change tha. they're good, just not up to their standards. s/t vs any papa roach or nickelback album absolutely destroys that kinda wack dogshit music. sub par deftones is still better than 99% of crap out there

i'll get crushed here cause s/t diehards have those blinders on, but it's a fact it was a big letdown to most fans. look on amazon, all the albums had 4 1/2 stars, and s/t has only 4. outside of this twilight zone is a massive different opinion of the album

from_musings

Quote from: Hidalgo on Dec 20, 2010, 10:44 PM
steff with too many 2 riff songs with no breakdowns or bridges

Steph's shit on around the fur are real simple too, count the chords on lhabia,mascara,atf,bqad,lotion,dai the flu,headp up, mx,damone. easy stuff. but hey, it's deftones  :)

Hidalgo

simple is fine, but too much of the same 2 riffs gets a tad old. hexagram, etc. breakdowns and bridges were scarce on s/t

Vesanic

Quote from: from_musings on Dec 20, 2010, 10:38 PM
When he sings on most songs on s/t, it's 100% emotion. it feels very deep sincere and honest. To communicate a feeling seems to come first, then to sing 'right' is secondary.
it's just beautiful,the most heartfelt singing on any deftones record by chino, he's really in your face with his sadness,  im lovin it.

I fucking love you.

Hidalgo

i think a bunch of people here had the best year of their life in 03 and overrate the album because of it. my fav year ever was 97 but i'm not hell bent on ATF being the best(though it might be). i almost feel like the first 3 and DE are equal. hard to choose the best

Hidalgo

i don't hear anymore emotion on it than any other record. he always brings a shit ton

Vesanic

Quote from: Hidalgo on Dec 20, 2010, 11:08 PM
i think a bunch of people here had the best year of their life in 03 and overrate the album because of it.

No.

Corleone

I love everything up to and including the S/T.

Couple songs off of DE and SNW.

sing blue silver

Quote from: the same sound on Dec 20, 2010, 08:13 PM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Dec 20, 2010, 01:36 AM
Quote from: Rxx on Dec 20, 2010, 12:53 AM
The song he was playing was Mein!

LOL!!
i cannot believe that was on cheezburger.com

it was only on there because i went into the lol builder on there and made it myself sooo.... yeah. i made it like 3 days ago.

sing blue silver

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 20, 2010, 11:19 PM
i think a bunch of people here had the best year of their life in 03 and overrate the album because of it.

No.

yeah 03 was a particularly shit year for me but i think that contributes to why i love that album so much. it was just what i needed to hear at the time. SNW was the same way. 06 was by far the worst year of my life and it came out the day after i got some particularly devastating news. i think thats a big reason why i still love that record so much. just because it was there at the time i needed it and once again said what i needed to hear. deftones have just had really convenient timing in my life it seems.

from_musings

::) i think you had the worst year of your life in 03 and underrate the album because of it. shit's stupid

Penicks

hidalgo, why don't you just accept our opinions, because you sure as hell ain't gonna change them