Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

david lynch

Started by Layla, Dec 07, 2006, 09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azwethinkweiz

how can one 'get over lynch' ?

doesn't make sense.

i've yet to see 'eraserhead' (it's impossible to find on dvd here)

can't fucking wait for 'inland empire'.

Layla

ya, your right. that doesnt makes sense. how stupid of me to suggest that people change preferences as they mature into adults....

@ one weak. anythings possible... at one point charlie chaplin was considered the most innovative film maker of all time..what i was trying to conclude is from a film theory perspective, i think that there are already and will be  "new kids" to blow lynch out of the water...as far as film criticism goes, that will always be an upward battle..

Azwethinkweiz

yeah, because lynch is only for kids  ::)

ToneDef

I think what she means is there will always be new, up and coming directors to better what he's doing.

ChickdelaLynch

It's hard to beat Lynch. Lynch is in a league of his own fucked up world. You really can't top his work and I have yet to see someone who has, at least someone new and fresh.

lollercoaster

one weak

Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on Feb 22, 2007, 01:53 PM
It's hard to beat Lynch. Lynch is in a league of his own fucked up world. You really can't top his work and I have yet to see someone who has, at least someone new and fresh.
yeah.
there will always be new directors, but they're not going to better what he's done, they'll do something totally new and great.

no one is blowing hitchock out of the water
no one is going to top copolla or scorsese

each of these auteurs has a category all their own

theis

i'd wish lynch never had made 'dune'.

seriously, that movie blows.

Jacob

pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

ChickdelaLynch

The only two movies I refuse to see by him are Dune and Straight Story. I'm a shitty fan.

theis

i ordered 'wild at heart' yesterday. haven't seen it before.

is it good ?

it looks interesting.

one weak

wild at heart is great. one of nick cage's better roles...next to raising arizona of course.

one weak

Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on Feb 26, 2007, 03:00 AM
The only two movies I refuse to see by him are Dune and Straight Story. I'm a shitty fan.
dune is an interesting one. if you ever decide to see it, research the backstory and all the problems they had with getting it made. the studio was really fucking him...this was really lynch's turning point to remain a cult director; to return to making films that he loved and not because the studio wanted him to.

if i'm not mistaken, Lucas wanted him to direct return of the jedi after Dune. hahaa

theis

Quote from: one weak on Mar 02, 2007, 06:36 PM
wild at heart is great. one of nick cage's better roles...next to raising arizona of course.

nice.

looking forward to it then.

one weak

^ just watched it again last night....man i really love it. certainly not Lynch's best story, or theory but it's still just a fun film to watch.

edit: Theis....i just looked at your DVD collection. how can you afford that many movies??!!!

theis

haha, i really can't afford it. i tend to spend waaay too many money on dvd's.

but i try to buy most of them on bargains.

btw, david lynch was in denmark 2 days ago, signing his new book, and i didnt know about it.. it really fucking sucks since he's one of the few people i'd REALLY like to meet. i'm so bummed about it.

and it's really strange that you watched wild at heart last night, cause so did i.
i was a little disspointed i must say. it was too simple for a lynch movie. but entertaining nonetheless.

willem dafoe = awesome.

gloomsquadron

how come no one mentioned the elephant man yet? ???

ChickdelaLynch

I've never watched The Elephant Man all the way through, but I should.

Wild At Heart is just good for the freaky factor. It's one of my least favorite Lynch films, but it's Lynch so it still means it's good.

one weak

cool website i found while doing some research on my film. interesting details about mulholland dr.
http://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/geog/gessler/topics/mulholland-drive.htm

Marlon Brando

david lynch is a fag.

I know that guy.

one time he wnated to my my cock for money, and I left the bathroom with some shit on my penis.

Quote from: goldpony on Oct 29, 2007, 09:00 PM
don't be rude marlon