Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Facebook

Started by Breach Unborn, May 04, 2007, 03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emotivelotion

White Pwny

Thanks Dorian!   Good to have you finally as a fb buddy.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

emotivelotion

my pleasure ma'am

chick de la lynch

Quote from: Jacob on Apr 26, 2010, 09:33 PM
heh, I finally gave in and got Facebook a couple of months ago, and to be honest I already start regreting it. it was kinda fun at first, but all the mindless joining of groups and people trying to show how important and awesome they are is depressing. still, pretty nice to pick up some contacts you had lost over the years.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

wax

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Apr 27, 2010, 04:07 AM
Quote from: Jacob on Apr 26, 2010, 09:33 PM
people trying to show how important and awesome they are is depressing. still, pretty nice to pick up some contacts you had lost over the years.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

facebook looked at 1st as the mature alternative to myspace...myspace was like 'look at me, im young and im cool' and facebook (looked) like 'look at me im married and have children now'   until i heard people in their 30s or older brag about how many friends they had on face.  its just another myspace - to see how many people you can get on your friends list, except instead of emo and scene kids its now everyday boring adults with the race to see how many other everyday boring adults they can add and read shit about them like beside how awesome they are crap like how they want nachos for lunch, how little sleep they got, they are taking their dog to the vet, and other everyday, hour to hour meaningless and boring details and thoughts about peoples lives..... who cares

you see all these people posting on their myspace accounts shit like, 'im moving to facebook', 'leaving myspace for facebook',  'im closing my myspace for facebook' or variations thereof.....thing is how soon before people get tired of facebook or somethign else comes along and kills facebook......its a privacy killer and waste of time

devilinside

Quote from: wax on Apr 27, 2010, 10:34 PM
now everyday boring adults with the race to see how many other everyday boring adults they can add and read shit about them like beside how awesome they are crap like how they want nachos for lunch, how little sleep they got, they are taking their dog to the vet, and other everyday, hour to hour meaningless and boring details and thoughts about peoples lives..... who cares

That sounds like Twitter to me.

My facebook consists of people I went to school with and know IRL,a select few friends I know through SL...and that's it. I also use Facebook and Myspace to network for my photography. I mainly follow bands on myspace though. I've never once bragged about how many people I have on my FB,cause that means shit to me...and I'm in my 30's. I enjoy keeping up with my friends who are miles away...no big deal.

wax

Quote from: devilinside on Apr 28, 2010, 04:01 AM
Quote from: wax on Apr 27, 2010, 10:34 PM
now everyday boring adults with the race to see how many other everyday boring adults they can add and read shit about them like beside how awesome they are crap like how they want nachos for lunch, how little sleep they got, they are taking their dog to the vet, and other everyday, hour to hour meaningless and boring details and thoughts about peoples lives..... who cares

That sounds like Twitter to me.

My facebook consists of people I went to school with and know IRL,a select few friends I know through SL...and that's it. I also use Facebook and Myspace to network for my photography. I mainly follow bands on myspace though. I've never once bragged about how many people I have on my FB,cause that means shit to me...and I'm in my 30's. I enjoy keeping up with my friends who are miles away...no big deal.

lol @ twitter  comment         i had facebook and found people i went to school with, but i really started to care less and less about posts and pictures by people i hadnt seen since the 5th grade. maybe its a regional thing how people use it and view it. thats ca.  4 u....  i see how it could be good for networking for someone like you. but id rather use email, the phone,....or real life to interact with people i actually know...

sing blue silver

There Will Be Blood

derekautomatica

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1090872396&ref=profile

wax

no more 'thanks for the add'

Subliminal

The CIA's wet dream, a database of every one who practically has the internet.

They have your name, your occupation, your educational history, what you like, what you dislike, what you love, what you hate, what you're doing this evening, what you're doing in two weeks time and who you're doing it with, even photographic evidence of what you just did. And just to top it all off, they get to know what you're thinking and what thoughts matter the most.

We might aswell be fucking robots. At the end of the day Facebook should really be called Insecurebook, because why else do you need it but to feel connected, popular and like you actually matter?

Vesanic

Quote from: Subliminal on Apr 30, 2010, 10:23 PM

They have your name, your occupation, your educational history, what you like, what you dislike, what you love, what you hate, what you're doing this evening, what you're doing in two weeks time and who you're doing it with, even photographic evidence of what you just did. And just to top it all off, they get to know what you're thinking and what thoughts matter the most.

We might aswell be fucking robots. At the end of the day Facebook should really be called Insecurebook, because why else do you need it but to feel connected, popular and like you actually matter?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!

defskull

Its great for getting in contact with people you wish to get in contact with that you have no idea how to get a hold of otherwise.  Also, it's the easiest way to be invited and to invite others to some event like a party. I think you have the wrong idea about why people have facebook. 

sing blue silver

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 30, 2010, 10:46 PM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!

this

Wax And Wane

Quote from: defskull on Apr 30, 2010, 11:03 PM

I totally agree with you...... But that shit was funny!  ;D
Its great for getting in contact with people you wish to get in contact with that you have no idea how to get a hold of otherwise.  Also, it's the easiest way to be invited and to invite others to some event like a party. I think you have the wrong idea about why people have facebook. 
I will save your life..

nintendoXO

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Robots are hawt, odd whirring sounds and all.

Sushi-X

http://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh=d7b07e684718b67f2e6562232b4747b3&#!/BatmanDK
little hesitant to post this but whatever. FYi, i say crazy shit on there cuz I'm bored an I like seeing my friends reactions :)

Rocket Skates '94

nintendoXO