Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Beer. Beer. Beer. The Beer Thread

Started by Fireal1222, Jul 13, 2007, 11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireal1222

ive been drinking nothing but newcastle for the past few months. but 33 bucks altogether for a  case is pretty pricey. ( i live in the states, pennsylvania )

anybody know a good beer, but wouldnt cost me as much.. please dont name a beer if ur not used to drinking good beer. newcastle is pretty good shit, and i dont wanna anybody in here recommending  coors or miller lite.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

theis

anchor porter (dark beer from san francisco. really good stuff)

guinness and kilkenny (duh!)

hoegaarden

Fireal1222

well. the anchor porter caught my ear cause its from san fran and not an import. i wonder how much it runs, and if anywhere around here even carries it

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

wow awesome. i went on that anchor porter website. and they list what distributors you can find them at in your state. i have it in a place not too far from me. what kind of price do you think id be looking at on that

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Anything from the deschutes brewery. Black Butte, Mirror Pond, Obsidian...

http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/Brews/default.aspx

It's what I drink when I want to take a break from Pabst. Mirror Pond is the shit.

ToneDef

Beer ain't just beer.. Do you mean Newcastle Brown Ale? If so then that's well, a brown ale. Same as you got bitter, lager and stout too.

Any beer I recommend though would most likely be pricey as it'd have to be an import.. European beers are the most drunk over here minus Bud I'd say.

Variable

Quote from: theis on Jul 14, 2007, 12:18 AM
anchor porter (dark beer from san francisco. really good stuff)

wow you just got +10 cool points with me.  I love anchor porter.  One of the best dark beers made.  I like anchor steam too. 

but sorry fireal I can remember how much they cost.  I like amber bock and shiner bock.  The only reason I bring those up is because amber bock is made by michelob and I used to drink a lot of shiner bock and dont remember it costing me a lot. 

But I dont know man im really bad with prices on beer.  I always find it worth spending a few extra bucks for some good beer.  I drank a lot of killians when I was home.  Is that any cheaper?

Fireal1222

funny u said that. i was thinking of switching back to killians irish red. but wasnt sure if it would hold up to newcastle

i really love newcastle. its sad its so pricey...

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Variable

Killians > Newcastle imo.  I like Newcastle but I think its really really overated.  same with fat tire.

alvarezbassist17

go with leinenkugel's honey weiss, either that or heineken, regular or light.  i've been drinking those a lot lately and they're effin tasty

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: Variable on Jul 14, 2007, 03:33 AM
Killians > Newcastle imo.  I like Newcastle but I think its really really overated.  same with fat tire.

I like fat tire.

Variable

I like it ok.  I just think its overrated.  Lots of better beers out there

marty

For whatever reason, I get a hangover from any beer that comes in a green bottle...Becks, Steinlarger, heineken.

New Zealand has some damn nice beers (Macs, Speights, export etc)...but thats not a lot of help

Variable

Weird.  On leave I was hanging out with these girls we just met and they told me and my friend to bring some beer so we tried getting some of what we thought would be girly beer so we grabbed some heineken and becks.  When we showed up they then informed us that for some reason a girl is never supposed to drink beer from a green bottle.  I had never heard that but they were dead serious about it.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Ha! I always knew Marty was a girl.

Variable

well I dont like that shit either.  Not because it makes me sick.  I just dont really like it

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

But seriously.

Mirror Pond is the shit.

Variable

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I know nothing about it other than it tasted pretty damn good.

Variable

was it light or dark?