Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

glös

Started by shine down unshy, Dec 30, 2007, 08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shine down unshy

I want to see this band open up for deftones or team sleep. 

theis

Zevaka

in comparison with all bands from the same row (denali, ambulette, engine down) it's less special. We disscussed it in D&R thread with Velvet Tongue
But still good. Harmonium has some good moments

sixner

I really want their album. I just found about Denali recently.. i'm a fan of Maura's voice.

Ambulette too.

-Six

rainnyx4

Quote from: Zevaka on Dec 31, 2007, 10:20 AM
in comparison with all bands from the same row (denali, ambulette, engine down) it's less special. We disscussed it in D&R thread with Velvet Tongue
But still good. Harmonium has some good moments

More special than Ambulette but much less than Engine Down and Denali.  I really like the direction of the sound.  I think if they came together and concentrated it could blossom into something grand.

occipudding

i liked engine down and denali/ambulette/bella lea.  i like the concept of glos.  delivery is a little lacking but still better than a lot of the other shit coming out these days.  then again, as much as i liked engine down and denali, i always thought the idea behind their music was always better than the actual delivery.  engine down should have landed somewhere between s/t and to bury within the sound if you ask me.  to bury within was somewhat lacking in structure whereas s/t had too much structure.  or something.  either way, all those bands are a notch above good, but in my opinion, not great when, if the ideas were delivered properly, they could all be/have been phenomenal.  just my opinion.
machete!  meow

occipudding

oh, and maura davis is gorgeous (whistles tweet-twoooo)
machete!  meow

sixner

Quote from: occipudding on Jan 17, 2008, 05:22 AM
i liked engine down and denali/ambulette/bella lea.  i like the concept of glos.  delivery is a little lacking but still better than a lot of the other shit coming out these days.  then again, as much as i liked engine down and denali, i always thought the idea behind their music was always better than the actual delivery.  engine down should have landed somewhere between s/t and to bury within the sound if you ask me.  to bury within was somewhat lacking in structure whereas s/t had too much structure.  or something.  either way, all those bands are a notch above good, but in my opinion, not great when, if the ideas were delivered properly, they could all be/have been phenomenal.  just my opinion.

You have a link for any of the stuff, aside from denali? I'd like to hear em.

Btw, +1 for Maura ;)

occipudding

Quote from: sixner on Jan 17, 2008, 10:40 AM

Btw, +1 for Maura ;)

you mean ambulette and bella lea?  they're pretty much denali spinoffs.  i think ambulette released only 1 ep and bella lea released just a demo.  i have both of them.  if you have aim, IM me at thehumynzygote and ill send em to you.
machete!  meow

sixner

Quote from: occipudding on Jan 17, 2008, 07:23 PM

Btw, +1 for Maura ;)

you mean ambulette and bella lea?  they're pretty much denali spinoffs.  i think ambulette released only 1 ep and bella lea released just a demo.  i have both of them.  if you have aim, IM me at thehumynzygote and ill send em to you.

I never see you online =(
Is that for AIM?

occipudding

Quote from: sixner on Jan 19, 2008, 06:54 AM
Quote from: occipudding on Jan 17, 2008, 07:23 PM

Btw, +1 for Maura ;)

I never see you online =(
Is that for AIM?

im always online.  and yeah, it's for aim
machete!  meow