Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Trippy/psychedelic music.

Started by lostpilot, Jan 02, 2008, 10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alvar

isis, jesu, maninkari, m83, mouth of the architect

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Jacob

Quote from: goldpony on Jan 04, 2008, 06:34 PM
Quote from: aenemic on Jan 04, 2008, 05:05 PM
Quote from: goldpony on Jan 03, 2008, 06:00 PM
Quote from: bored on Jan 03, 2008, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the advice, I'll try out those bands :)
I'm now really interested in 'Black Mountain', everyone are so astonished with them.. :)

yeah, i totaly wasnt expecting how good "In the Future" is. definitely check it out if u like pink floyd, or good music in general. i cant recommend this album enough

*bows to zevaka*

pff, I'll take all credit for that. he doesn't even like the band as far as I know. he just leaked it here. I pointed out how good it was and recommended people to listen to it ;)

but without Z, would we even be talking about this? we all share credit, Z for upload, you for message and me cause im cool 8)

alright. deal.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Jerry_Curls

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Jacob

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jan 06, 2008, 09:33 PM
HEALTH
http://www.myspace.com/healthmusic

I found them when randomly looking through bands on myspace and fell in love right away. great stuff.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

untz untz untz

listen to some fantomas

or squarepusher

occipudding

machete!  meow

lostpilot

Thanks for recommendations,
:)

Jerry_Curls

So which ones did you enjoy?
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

theshadeisatool

In literally the last few days I've gain a new appreciation of My Bloody Valentine, very pyschedelic sounding. In their guitarwork they use the tremelo arm a lot and a wall of distortion so it sounds... I don't know! try it - the album Loveless is a good place to start.

platp116

Two really good psych albums I bought this year: The Vocokesh - All this and Heironymous Bosch (sp?), La Otracina - Tonal Elipse of the One.  The Vocokesh have more of a feel of hallucinating out in the desert after drinking a bottle of water, except that bottle was filled with Robo.  La Otracina much more spacey but the drummer is a complete freak, lots of jazz influence.  Both were exceptional records.

lostpilot

Still did not try out everything, but until now I'm enjoying Mogwai, Pink Floyds 'Dark Side of the Moon', Black Mountain, some songs by Aphex Twin, Royksopp, Air - Walkie Talkie (fucking great), some M83, few song of Chroma Key, Health had good vibes, but there was something in their music I just couldn't stand.

And by that time I found Sigur Ros, which blew my mind.

mascara87

some good bands to listen to while your tripping is well ive always been a huge fan of the doors so i would recommend them, the whole psychedilic era back them was awesome, other bands like jefferson airplane, jimi hendrix their real awesome to listen too under the influence, hum as for stuff like in this era.. i would say, infected mushroom, modest mouse, A perfect circle & tool are awesome too!!

scatterbrain

the old 70s stuff is allways where its at,the janis joplin track summertime has a very mind boogiling riff
im me and thats all ill ever be

mascara87

yeah JAnis Joplin is awesome..So what would be you psychedelic drug of choice??

scatterbrain

lucy lu and the shrommies is all i really fuck with,though its been a while.not really something to get carried away with.but a very nice escape now and then.
im me and thats all ill ever be

why?

i'd really recommend listening to Yes while tripping, great psychadelic rock from the 70s.

get the albums Close to the edge, and The Fragile.
do. make. say. think.

garydouglas

I would recommend some radiohead and also a band called 5ive style, they're a funk/jazz band from the mid-late nineties, the track mythical numbers is fucking amazing

snw777

I remember when I was a weed smoker and I was listening THE VERVE - A STORM IN HEAVEN while I was high...

perfect.

Fireal1222

im listening to boards of canada. they are crazy trippy... amazing music

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.