Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Trippy/psychedelic music.

Started by lostpilot, Jan 02, 2008, 10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

I'm pretty sure there must've been a thread like this, anyways,

I would like you to recommend me some psychedelic rock bands to trip to.
Usually, while I'm tripping I listen to Tool, Broken Social Scene, Explosions in the Sky, Boards of Canada, dredg, Jesu, NIN, Team Sleep.. bands like that.

I want something special, complex.. basically some music like Tool (though nothing will ever change experiences while listening to tracks like Third Eye, Parabol(a), Disposition/Reflection/Triad.. that is just fucking awesome.).
Please help me out :)

13hourstoparadise

Isis and mogwai... Check them out! :)

lostpilot

I've listened to some Mogwai about a year ago, 'Mr. Beast' was okay, though I quite do not imagine tripping to them.. and Isis, well, their vocals are slightly annoying, but I'll try them out :)

13hourstoparadise

Yeah, I agree. You need to filter out a lot of Isis songs...

Some of the new tracks from the band Minus the Bear are a perfect fit. But 90% of the CD is more rock.... I would suggest listening to them too.

theis

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jan 02, 2008, 11:09 PM
pink floyd?

I figured he is looking for current, but as you pointed out - you cannot go wrong with Pink Floyd.

lostpilot

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Jan 02, 2008, 11:11 PM
Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jan 02, 2008, 11:09 PM
pink floyd?

I figured he is looking for current, but as you pointed out - you cannot go wrong with Pink Floyd.

Yeah, I thought much of listening to Pink Floyd, but their discography, well, is just enormous. I'm guessing I should search for something from Sid Barrett's Floyd?

By the way, I listen Minus the Bear, Lotus of the Planet of Ice CD fits :)

So, could anyone tell me, which Pink Floyd albums should I taste? :)

goldpony

you should check out black mountain. a really trippy album, u can get it here before its released on 012208 ;)
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Crazylegs

anything performed by syd barrett

scatterbrain

gomez and aphex twin are great while tripping
im me and thats all ill ever be

Jacob

Quote from: goldpony on Jan 02, 2008, 11:57 PM
you should check out black mountain. a really trippy album, u can get it here before its released on 012208 ;)

agreed. best band I've found in ages.

as for Pink Floyd, simply start with thier and most well known stuff. Dark Side of The Moon, Meddle, Animals, A Saucerful of Secrets...
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

lostpilot

Thanks for the advice, I'll try out those bands :)
I'm now really interested in 'Black Mountain', everyone are so astonished with them.. :)

NiChe

not rock, but try trippin to vibe tribe or aphex twin.

goldpony

Quote from: bored on Jan 03, 2008, 10:51 AM
I'm now really interested in 'Black Mountain', everyone are so astonished with them.. :)

yeah, i totaly wasnt expecting how good "In the Future" is. definitely check it out if u like pink floyd, or good music in general. i cant recommend this album enough

*bows to zevaka*
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

lostpilot

Quote from: goldpony on Jan 03, 2008, 06:00 PM

yeah, i totaly wasnt expecting how good "In the Future" is. definitely check it out if u like pink floyd, or good music in general. i cant recommend this album enough

*bows to zevaka*

actually, i really enjoyed that album. Well, it's not trippy, but overall - I really liked it.. Reminded me of the Queens of the Stone Age, just more sophisticated in some way. Great music :)

Quote from: NiChe on Jan 03, 2008, 01:31 PM
not rock, but try trippin to vibe tribe or aphex twin.
I forgot to mention, that recommendations can be something different from rock.. Rock isn't a necessity.

siL.

the doors, royksopp, bonobo, amon tobin, thievery corporation

Fireal1222

Quote from: bored on Jan 02, 2008, 10:14 PM
I'm pretty sure there must've been a thread like this, anyways,

I would like you to recommend me some psychedelic rock bands to trip to.
Usually, while I'm tripping I listen to Tool, Broken Social Scene, Explosions in the Sky, Boards of Canada, dredg, Jesu, NIN, Team Sleep.. bands like that.

I want something special, complex.. basically some music like Tool (though nothing will ever change experiences while listening to tracks like Third Eye, Parabol(a), Disposition/Reflection/Triad.. that is just fucking awesome.).
Please help me out :)

the bands you listen to while tripping are usually what i listen to.

here are some perfect bands. for anytime. but especially for tripping

get these

the flaming lips - yoshimi battles the pink robots
air - talkie walkie

wait till u hear the song run. on that air album i recommended. thatll fuck your head up

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Jacob

*bows to zevaka*

pff, I'll take all credit for that. he doesn't even like the band as far as I know. he just leaked it here. I pointed out how good it was and recommended people to listen to it ;)
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

lostpilot

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jan 04, 2008, 03:12 PM
get these
the flaming lips - yoshimi battles the pink robots
air - talkie walkie

wait till u hear the song run. on that air album i recommended. thatll fuck your head up

yay, thank you, i'm going to download these as soon as possible :)
you got me all interested.

goldpony

Quote from: aenemic on Jan 04, 2008, 05:05 PM

*bows to zevaka*

pff, I'll take all credit for that. he doesn't even like the band as far as I know. he just leaked it here. I pointed out how good it was and recommended people to listen to it ;)

but without Z, would we even be talking about this? we all share credit, Z for upload, you for message and me cause im cool 8)
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt