Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Band Bashing Thread

Started by theshadeisatool, Jan 12, 2008, 08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

Can't stand Nickelback, but really, Creed deserves A LOT more hate.

Vesanic

I can't fucking stand Wolfmother. Nothing against these guys, but God, their music ain't original whatsoever, and I hate the singer's style.

deftones86

Maynard. Just Maynard. He holds the band back in my opinion. His voice is monotonous. And on top of that he's an asshole.
Adam Jones is legend
Danny Carey Legend
Maynard - Not so much.

Let the hate begin.

black coffee

Tar and feather him!!!

theis

Quote from: deftones86 on Jan 20, 2011, 06:24 PM
Maynard. Just Maynard. He holds the band back in my opinion. His voice is monotonous. And on top of that he's an asshole.
Adam Jones is legend
Danny Carey Legend
Maynard - Not so much.

Let the hate begin.

I kinda agree. Aenima and Lateralus are great albums, but Maynard is definitely the reason why I can't listen to Tool in a longer period of time.

one weak

5 years ago, i would have freaked and sucked maynard's dick, but anymore i tend to agree.

wheresmysnare

Man he was too rad in the 80's shame he went all weird when TOOL hit. Check it out

Maynard's (TOOL) early days

Hidalgo

yea just the name maynard alone is annoying, but the fact he's such an weird elitest arrogant bunghole combined with that highly annoying name, now that's a combo that really makes my skin crawl. he sucks

Hidalgo

Quote from: Crazylegs on Jan 20, 2011, 05:30 PM
hating on nickelback is so 2005, but i'd like to say that if someone told me that a lion had infiltrated our society disguised as one of us, I would suspect their vocalist as being the lion.

hating nickelback is like a fine whine, it gets better with age. it's a timeless classic. and boy do they deserve it

Vesanic

Quote from: Vesanic on Jan 20, 2011, 06:02 PM
I can't fucking stand Wolfmother. Nothing against these guys, but God, their music ain't original whatsoever, and I hate the singer's style.

And Mike Patton agrees:

Patton: "Wolfmother, you suck!

theis

Love that video, haha.

sing blue silver

meh. everyone hates nickleback now so i don't see the point in hating on them. they're terrible but at least nobody is really buying into their shit anymore. i can't say i remember the last time i heard someone say they like nickleback. but the band i hate a lot right now is cake. their songs are so goddamn monotonous and boring and their new one is on the radio at least 5 or 6 times a day at work. it's fucking AWFUL! fuck cake.

bright lights, big city

i respect your opinion, but i don't have to like it. I FUCKING LOVE CAKE!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

davetonez

- Angus and Julia Stone: Bland acoustic/alternative... Can't understand why they're so popular in Australia, their music puts me to sleep.

- Blessed By a Broken Heart: I tried giving this band a go when I was going through a bit of a Metalcore phase, looking back, they're terrible. I find it hard to take any band seriously who's heavily influenced by glam...

- Clawfinger: I'll admit it, I listen to quite a few 'rapcore' bands, but this band is average in all departments.

- Nickelback: I'm sure someone, if not everyone has said what needs to be said about this band.

Hidalgo

Quote from: Vesanic on Jan 22, 2011, 07:31 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Jan 20, 2011, 06:02 PM

And Mike Patton agrees:

Patton: "Wolfmother, you suck!
it's hilarious, i've had so many fits about shiity music on the radio exactly like that well before i saw this video

Hidalgo

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jan 22, 2011, 10:48 PM
meh. everyone hates nickleback now so i don't see the point in hating on them. they're terrible but at least nobody is really buying into their shit anymore. i can't say i remember the last time i heard someone say they like nickleback. but the band i hate a lot right now is cake. their songs are so goddamn monotonous and boring and their new one is on the radio at least 5 or 6 times a day at work. it's fucking AWFUL! fuck cake.
you're joking right. they sell more than ANY rock band now days, and for the past 6 years easily. they sell out arena shows, on the radio non stop, filthy stinkin rich. seriously the worst band i've heard and they're rewarded with all that.they deserve all the hate they get

theis

Quote from: davetonez on Jan 23, 2011, 08:16 AM
- Angus and Julia Stone: Bland acoustic/alternative... Can't understand why they're so popular in Australia, their music puts me to sleep.

I really like them.

And CAKE ruuuuules!

deftones86

Well I feel Like bashing again today so im going to add The Mars Volta to my hate list. well everything after De Loused In the Comatorium. That album Front To back is pure Gold.
what the fuck happend? now they just make fuckin noise. thats it just NOISE.

sing blue silver

Quote from: deftones86 on Jan 23, 2011, 05:38 PM
Well I feel Like bashing again today so im going to add The Mars Volta to my hate list. well everything after De Loused In the Comatorium. That album Front To back is pure Gold.

yeah i love them but they've never come close to matching de loused.

i don't understand how you guys can love cake. it's literally the most bland, uninspired, uninteresting and just downright awful shit i've ever heard. i'd listen to lady gaga over them and lady gaga is what i consider musical super aids.

E-Money

Quote from: deftones86 on Jan 23, 2011, 05:38 PM

no doubt! 

I've also lost interest in Tool.  I'd much rather have a new APC album. 

Never been a Boston fan..... They just bother me.