Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Alice in Chains

Started by st3v3n_g, Jan 27, 2008, 01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

st3v3n_g

Any AIC fans in the house?  Favorite songs, albums?
My favorite albums in order, Jar of Flies [EP], Dirt, and Alice in Chains (aka "Tripod").

RIP Layne Staley  1967-2002

We need a lighthouse for the lost and a beacon for the broken

tarkil

Fan over here too...

Favourite song could be "Love Hate Love", even though there are too many to cite ! But this song just give me chills...
As for the fav albums I just can't classify them, the're all solid gold...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

theis

Tight band, for sure.

Facelift is my favorite album.

theshadeisatool

Je suis un fan.

I've loved Dirt for years now, so dark - Junkhead one of my favourites, but like most of the songs from all albums.

st3v3n_g

Right on, right on, cool to see some fellow Chains fans aboard.
Some of my favorite tunes:
Love, Hate, Love
Put You Down
Got Me Wrong
Rain When I Die
Junkhead
Dirt
God Smack
Down in a Hole (versions from 'Dirt' and 'Unplugged')
Angry Chair
Would?
Rotten Apple
Nutshell
I Stay Away
Sludge Factory
Head Creeps
Frogs

Jacob

one of my big favorites.

whatever happened with the new AIC anyways? there was talk about recording new music with that new guy, right?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

goldpony

i heard some live tracks of the new AIC, probably best not to soil the memory

[youtube=425,350]HQA3ElY4HZ4[/youtube]
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

claudio

Are the new tracks bad?

Im a huge AIC fan (even saw them in 93).
Favourite albums have to be tripod, Dirt, Jar of flies/facelift, bogey Dept (it is the lost AIC Chains album), Above (Mad Season)

Unplugged can still bring me to my knees with its naked beauty.

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead - Layne Staley

fireflyry

One of the best examples of melodic singing and harmony from two singers you will ever hear imo.

Love this band...Dirts probably my fav.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

claudio

Jerry def. the underratted talent in the band. Alot of the lyrics were his.

But Laynes voice is just so magnetic and addictive.

Inkblades

"down in a hole and I don't think I can be saved..."

Most of their music pierces right through my soul. I certainly think the band should continue on without Layne, but they should retire the AIC name.

Inkblades

Oh, and Tripod is INSANELY underrated.

Deftones-argentina

Nico in chains, right here. You know, you can set apart all their musical virtues, but what makes them so unique is the heart they put on their songs. You know, they're one of the really few bands that make so heartfelt songs. With that said, I really love Nutshell, Get born again (they have nothing to envy you know you're right), them bones, Sludge F and last but not least We die young. I've recently learned to play it on the guitar.

Deftones-argentina

By the way, to establish some way of discussion in the thread, which track do you preffer?
_Get born again
_Died

st3v3n_g

Quote from: aenemic on Jan 27, 2008, 08:06 PM
whatever happened with the new AIC anyways? there was talk about recording new music with that new guy, right?
Yes, last I heard (somewhat recently) they are off tour (I missed the show in Tucson  >:() and supposedly working on new material.
But like someone else said about the name AIC, I've seen it from both views - One, yeah they should change the name because they haven't played or hardly recorded anything with their original singer is over 10 years and this is no longer the same band it was when they exploded on the scene in '90 / '91.  Others say just let them be like Queen, keep the name and keep the AIC memory alive...

Deftones-argentina - Hard to say, I love 'em both but I'm gonna give a slight edge to GBA because it seems more like a finished song if you know what I mean.  I was wondering if you've heard one of the other last songs Layne ever recorded, a one-off project called Class of '99 with Tom Morellow, they recorded a pretty sweet sounding cover of Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 for "The Faculty" soundtrack.

mascara87

HAs anyone seen alice in chains just recently with the new singer???is he any good?

st3v3n_g

I've seen (and have a video) of him, he's alright, no Layne whatsoever but nobody could ever be him anyway.
Check out YouTube and you'll find some interesting stuff

goldpony

Quote from: mascara87 on Jan 28, 2008, 07:36 PM
HAs anyone seen alice in chains just recently with the new singer???is he any good?

i posted a vid a few comments back. i personally dont like it
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

claudio

Quote from: st3v3n_g on Jan 28, 2008, 06:16 PM
Quote from: aenemic on Jan 27, 2008, 08:06 PM
I was wondering if you've heard one of the other last songs Layne ever recorded, a one-off project called Class of '99 with Tom Morellow, they recorded a pretty sweet sounding cover of Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 for "The Faculty" soundtrack.
Dude, I brought that soundtrack just for that song. Layne just kills it. He makes singing look effortless.

I have everything Layne has ever done

ronnie dobbs

This place has some good AIC stuff - http://www.laynestaley.cl/multimedia.htm

I have seen them live with their new singer, while Duvall does a good job, it just isn't the same.
Hopefully the new material they come out with kicks ass. That way it doesn't feel like an overpriced cover band.