Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

m night shyamalan

Started by Variable, Jan 31, 2008, 02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

at least RT is giving the hulk good reviews...
think i'm gonna wait for the Happening on dvd
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

ToneDef

Unbreakable and The Village are the shit. I love both of those movies. Had me sucked in.

Unbreakable I can watch more than once and not get bored. It's awesome.

Great entertainment.

theis

Sixth Sense = pretty good
Unbreakable = decent

The rest is absolute feces.

devilinside

Quote from: Variable on Jun 13, 2008, 09:42 PM
Has anyone seen the happening yet?  Im going to see it in like an hour but if it sucks ill just go see kung fu panda instead and wait till I get back to okinawa for this

If not,ill let everyone know how it was tonight

Quote from: devilinside on Jun 13, 2008, 07:31 AM
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was creepy,not scary,just creepy. Fuckin plants.

And the preview for this has me UBER excited!!!

http://www.xfiles.com/

bright lights, big city

Signs is one my fave movies
i'll say i really enjoyed watching the first 4 movies. then Lady/Water sucked big time. and now this is getting awful reviews.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

ToneDef

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jun 13, 2008, 11:57 PM
Unbreakable = decent

Well my good man, I'm inclined to disagree.

My faeces on your face btw.

theis

Quote from: ToneDef on Jun 14, 2008, 12:04 AM
Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jun 13, 2008, 11:57 PM
Unbreakable = decent

My faeces on your face btw.

That's fucking hot, man.

*Smears feces onto face*

Variable

I dont trust movie critics at all.

It was pretty good though.  Not the best movie I have ever seen.  But good.  It was pretty much what you would expect from a M Night Shyamalan movie.  Definitely worth seeing.

devilinside

It was creepy...not scary,just creepy. And that old lady...HAHAHAH!!!

Variable

Quote from: devilinside on Jun 14, 2008, 12:02 AM
Quote from: Variable on Jun 13, 2008, 09:42 PM
Has anyone seen the happening yet?  Im going to see it in like an hour but if it sucks ill just go see kung fu panda instead and wait till I get back to okinawa for this

If not,ill let everyone know how it was tonight

Quote from: devilinside on Jun 13, 2008, 07:31 AM
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was creepy,not scary,just creepy. Fuckin plants.

And the preview for this has me UBER excited!!!

http://www.xfiles.com/
dude I dont know what happened.  But the 2nd page of this thread was not here until a couple min ago.  The last post before my one about "I dont trust movie critics" was the last page where rainyx told me to go to rottentomatoes.com.  Weird.

anyways 
Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jun 13, 2008, 11:38 PM
M Night SUCKS.
you suck.  You will give out big props to the new Indiana Jones movie but then say the village sucked?  Ok
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 14, 2008, 12:03 AM
Signs is one my fave movies
i'll say i really enjoyed watching the first 4 movies. then Lady/Water sucked big time. and now this is getting awful reviews.
who gives a shit about reviews?  Thats just one more ass holes opinion about something you should find out for yourself.  Like I said, not the best movie ever.  But for sure worth seeing

bright lights, big city

ok maybe ill check it out if you say so
DERP

defskull

Quote from: Variable on Jun 14, 2008, 04:03 AM
It was pretty much what you would expect from a M Night Shyamalan movie.

Then I definitely wont see it.  You should not look forward to a director's movie because he's going to give you the same thing over and over again.  Seriously M. Night has only one style.  He's a one trick pony. Why go see The Happening when I can go see one of his earlier movies again? 

Variable

yeah I thought about that too.  Im not going to try to spoil the movie for you.  But its not EXACTLY like his other movies.  If I tell you any more, it will spoil it.  What I meant was that there was good acting, a little bit of cheezy humor ( not too much to ruin the movie ) , great cinematography that drew you into the film, believable characters, and it was about something that you may have never though of before ( I know I never thought of this happening ..........ohhh dam no pun intended) 
What I meant was that I would not expect some crappy plot that is filled by action scenes and a hip soundtrack to cover up the bad acting and spray on tans from M Night.  I would expect a well done movie.  Thats all I meant

defskull

The twist is there is no twist. I know.  It's the grass or whatever.  Pretty much what I predicted just by watching the trailer.  I feel like that was enough of the movie for me to watch.  And I hear the dialogue is horrid.

Variable

maybe throw out a spoiler alert for those who want the movie to hold some suspence?  And I thought the dialogue was just fine.  One of my best friends texted me last night and said he thought this movie was a huge piece of shit.  So maybe im just the weirdo here

devilinside

No,I was ok with it. Like you said,not a masterpiece,but entertaining. I've seen worse movies. But I also know people that totally hated it.

Variable

I dont understand why anyone would hate it.  I really thought it was a pretty well done movie. 

goldpony

Quote from: Variable on Jun 16, 2008, 02:34 PM
I dont understand why anyone would hate it.  I really thought it was a pretty well done movie. 

when you set the bar so high right out of the gate, people keep expecting better, faster, more. M Night is like Stephen King, both tell good stories but are hated on because people feel that its a waste of talent. why cant people just enjoy a good story?
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

defskull

I can enjoy a good story.  The problem is he isn't writing good stories.