Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

m night shyamalan

Started by Variable, Jan 31, 2008, 02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

k so I know that I am a few years behind on this one.  But I really just discovered this guy.  I mean I saw the 6th sense when I was a kid and thought it was cool.  And I saw signs and....it was ok.  But I always heard the rest of his movies sucked, so I never watched them.  But the other day I watched "the village" and thought it was pure awesomness.  Then Unbreakable was recomended to me and I loved it too.  The man is an artist, thats for sure

theis

The Sixth Sense = Great
Unbreakable = Really good

The rest of his movies are absolute crap.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: Variable on Jan 31, 2008, 02:54 PM
k so I know that I am a few years behind on this one.  But I really just discovered this guy.  I mean I saw the 6th sense when I was a kid and thought it was cool.  And I saw signs and....it was ok.  But I always heard the rest of his movies sucked, so I never watched them.  But the other day I watched "the village" and thought it was pure awesomness.  Then Unbreakable was recomended to me and I loved it too.  The man is an artist, thats for sure

Agreed, I enjoy everything he does.  His movies remind of old school Twilight Zone episodes.  Supposedly, he's got a new movie in the making about a virus or something.

goldpony

i thought lady in the water was a bit overdone but his other movies were awesome. my favorite is unbreakable
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Jacob

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jan 31, 2008, 05:05 PM
The Sixth Sense = Great
Unbreakable = Really good

The rest of his movies are absolute crap.

I thought The Village was great and I fucking love Signs. then again, I'm a sucker for anything with aliens in it... but seriously, if you put the story of Signs to the side (which is what people usually don't like about it) you gotta admit that it's beautifully done. some of the scenes are amongst the most memorable I've ever seen.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

ignore the fashion

the only movie of his that i thought sucked was what everyone here thinks was awesome.

i really disliked the village.i thought it was pure stupidness

all of his other movies are great though

i have this movie about him though, i haven't watched it yet but its called "the buried secrets of m night shyamalan". i got it for free from work so thats why i haven't watched it yet.

Variable

see thats why I never saw the village.  I just heard it was total crap.  I usually dont listen when people say that stuff.  Dont know why I did that time.  I just dont think what he does is always understood.  Not that I think it is mean to be particularly deep.  Just the way he films his movies makes them worth watching to me.  I could just see comic book frames when I was watching unbreakable.  That was really cool to me (and I dont even read comics)

Jacob

I think the main reason why people dislike The Village is simply because of the plot twist at the end. no one expected it and it really changed the entire atmosphere of the movie. I think it was just too unconventional for people to get used to. they expected a fantasy movie but ended up with something completely different.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Variable

yeah but I LOVED that.  I mean it was all about how fucked up the real world is and how a group of people made their lives better by getting away from it all....or did they?

anyways.  It is just rare that I watch a movie and say "wow, that was art"  same goes with music and actual drawn or painted art.  I am just picky.  But I think the man tries to do something special, and is successful at it.  I like that.

anyways im not saying I would suck his cock (becaus indian men really are not my thing)  But I do have a bit of a man crush on him right now.  Im sure ill get over it sooner or later

lithium

his only film i havent liked, was lady in the water.. and as far as the twists go, he'll never top the sixth sense
💩

Variable

yeah that was a pretty good twist.  I seriously did not see it coming at all in the village though

theis

Quote from: Variable on Feb 19, 2008, 01:47 PM
yeah that was a pretty good twist.  I seriously did not see it coming at all in the village though

the twist in the village was so fucking ridiculous. it was like they made the twist just "to make a twist".

this movie sucked so much.

oldgentlovecraft

It wasn't his best but I still thought it was good.  I figured it out pretty early except I was hoping the monster was real in the beginning. 

defskull

Quote from: aenemic on Feb 01, 2008, 02:54 PM
I think the main reason why people dislike The Village is simply because of the plot twist at the end. no one expected it and it really changed the entire atmosphere of the movie. I think it was just too unconventional for people to get used to. they expected a fantasy movie but ended up with something completely different.

The reason I didn't like it is partly the fault of advertisers.  It was marketed as a horror movie.  A scary movie so I went in expecting it.  Instead I got Adrien Brody acting as a retard during much of the movie, which was boring, and then a random twist thrown in at the end.

Maybe if the movie before the twist was any good, I would have enjoyed the twist, but the rest of the movie is bad.

Jerry_Curls

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

lithium

i was just about to post that mang
💩

oldgentlovecraft

I'm going to watch it but that poster looks like a depiction of the rapture.  If that's what it really is I'm burning down a fucking theater.

lithium

it's supposedly about plants and pollen and carbon monoxide
💩

Variable

Has anyone seen the happening yet?  Im going to see it in like an hour but if it sucks ill just go see kung fu panda instead and wait till I get back to okinawa for this

If not,ill let everyone know how it was tonight

rainnyx4

Quote from: Variable on Jun 13, 2008, 09:42 PM
Has anyone seen the happening yet?  Im going to see it in like an hour but if it sucks ill just go see kung fu panda instead and wait till I get back to okinawa for this

If not,ill let everyone know how it was tonight

Rottentomatoes.com is your friend.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10007985-happening/