Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

m night shyamalan

Started by Variable, Jan 31, 2008, 02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

Quote from: goldpony on Jun 17, 2008, 08:55 PM
Quote from: Variable on Jun 16, 2008, 02:34 PM
I dont understand why anyone would hate it.  I really thought it was a pretty well done movie. 

when you set the bar so high right out of the gate, people keep expecting better, faster, more. M Night is like Stephen King, both tell good stories but are hated on because people feel that its a waste of talent. why cant people just enjoy a good story?
I dont know man.  How do people see M night as a waste of talent?  I like the stories in him movies, But it was the ridiculously good cinematography, and casting that made me love his movies.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Variable on Jun 17, 2008, 11:34 PM
I dont understand why anyone would hate it.  I really thought it was a pretty well done movie. 

when you set the bar so high right out of the gate, people keep expecting better, faster, more. M Night is like Stephen King, both tell good stories but are hated on because people feel that its a waste of talent. why cant people just enjoy a good story?
I dont know man.  How do people see M night as a waste of talent?  I like the stories in him movies, But it was the ridiculously good cinematography, and casting that made me love his movies.
cinematography really has grown into an important aspect of movies for me in the last couple years.
it makes films so much better, and i'll agree with you that shyamalan has done a good job in that category. i actually plan on seeing this movie tomorrow too, finally
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defskull

Ridiculously good cinematography?  Hmm. I guess I'm missing something.

Variable

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 17, 2008, 11:42 PM
Quote from: Variable on Jun 17, 2008, 11:34 PM

cinematography really has grown into an important aspect of movies for me in the last couple years.
it makes films so much better, and i'll agree with you that shyamalan has done a good job in that category. i actually plan on seeing this movie tomorrow too, finally
yeah a movie is way better when it can just draw you in.  I dont think most people really give enough thought to how hard it must be to do that.  I fell in love with the village in like the first 10 min before I even really had an idea where the movie was going to go.  I just loved the way it was done.  Same with unbreakable.  There were scenes of that movie that I could see coming right off the page of a comic.  It was amazing. 
Quote from: defskull on Jun 18, 2008, 12:41 AM
Ridiculously good cinematography?  Hmm. I guess I'm missing something.
you must be.  Im sorry though.  Because I really enjoy not missing it.

goldpony

i agree, unbreakable is IMHO his best work. everything from the story, cinematography, acting, lighting...everything was just about perfect in that movie.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Variable

I just think a lot of people dont pay attention to all that

devlin

i loved unbreakable. but i didn't like the end. he finds out sammy jackson caused all the "accidents" looking for him. and then he walks away disgusted. he should have at least kicked him in the shins and shattered his legs. or taken a wheel of his chair so he couldn't get away. it all just climaxed to quick (thats what she said), all this big build up and then it just ends.

Variable

yeah I am with you there. 

Has no one else seen "the Happening" yet?

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Variable on Jun 21, 2008, 02:32 AM
yeah I am with you there. 

Has no one else seen "the Happening" yet?
sorry still not yet. maybe tomorrow
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bloody_liver

More like Sham-alot, cause it's all a sham. Every movie is a crime against the public movie goers.

Variable

oh well with such a compelling argument like that I totally just changed my mind.

Battle-Axe

I just got back a couple hours ago from watching The Happening.

I'm not sure what I make of it yet :/

I like how it touched on how bees are disappearing in the beginning and my general opinion of what the hell M Night is going on about is that the plants are pissed off at people for messing the planet up [I don't mean that in a sarcastic way btw haha], and I definitely think the ending leaves it open for a sequel. But I doubt there will be one though and I don't think there should be one cos IMO leaving it as it is will just further emphasise what he's trying to get across... If that makes sense at all - it's 2 in the morning and I'm real tired  :)

Variable

a sequel would be a real bad idea.  But I dont think one was ever intended.

whodunit?

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jan 31, 2008, 05:05 PM
The rest of his movies are absolute crap.

true. I've been to THE HAPPENING last week and the movie did not surprise me at all.

goldpony

saw the happening over the weekend. i really liked it, but the acting of wahlberg and deschnel? bordered on atrocious. there were times when i thought marky mark was acting like he was mildly retarded
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

theis

Variable

Quote from: goldpony on Jun 25, 2008, 07:02 PM
saw the happening over the weekend. i really liked it, but the acting of wahlberg and deschnel? bordered on atrocious. there were times when i thought marky mark was acting like he was mildly retarded
seriously?  Ha I thought he was great.  I mean not like an Oscar winning performance or anything.  But I thought he did a good job.

goldpony

Quote from: Variable on Jun 26, 2008, 01:14 AM
Quote from: goldpony on Jun 25, 2008, 07:02 PM
seriously?  Ha I thought he was great.  I mean not like an Oscar winning performance or anything.  But I thought he did a good job.

i thought the perfromance of the leads was awful. wahlberg just seemed to have that wide-eyed naiveity thing going on at all times. it was the one thing i didnt like about the movie. and deschnel just seemed to open her eyes wide all the time. i thought they really should have acted a bit more...serious, if you know what i mean.
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Variable

yeah I guess I could see that.  I just figured that's the mood they were supposed to be setting for the movie.

goldpony

i thought leguizamo was great tho
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt