Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones need some more upbeat songs?

Started by deftonesboy, Feb 01, 2008, 10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftonesboy

I dont know about you guys but i always thought it would be sweet to have some upbeat deftones songs, and I dont mean agressive i just mean upbeat. I always thought the Boys Republic riff was very upbeat but Chinos vocals took it back down.

Opinions...

Would you guys like to hear some upbeat stuff on Eros?

goldpony

i dont think the deftones will ever be upbeat, considering most of their songs deal with sex and/or violence
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

theshadeisatool

Quote from: goldpony on Feb 01, 2008, 10:28 PM
i dont think the deftones will ever be upbeat, considering most of their songs deal with sex and/or violence

That's a bit of a narrow view of their lyrical content isn't it?

I wouldn't mind hearing some more upbeat songage. And I definitely agree with you dtboy about Boy's Republic - it's upbeat with it's riff but still dark. I always felt the same about BQAD as well. Chino says Abe is playing faster for this record, for one, so that could be good but doesn't neccessarily mean it's gonna be positive fast....

mikau

sure, why not?. As long as it's good an deftonish.

fireflyry

I've always felt the have one or two on each release.

BQAD, Boy's Republic, Minerva, Cherry Waves, etc.

I've always like that about them.Every album contains a little bit of everything.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Moz

Cherry Waves is upbeat? Ehhh since when?

Mein is the upbeat song of SNW, the record could've used another one or two.

jesusinabowlofdirt

upbeat like mein and rapture? god i hope not. when snw (awful record) was finished chino said "i didnt want to put a bunch of sadness into the record, we already made that record" - refering to s/t. i hope this time he says "i dont want to put a bunch of happiness on this record,we already made that record". more songs like finger of death,birthmark,bloody cape moana, crenshaw please

deftonesboy

Quote from: Moz on Feb 02, 2008, 11:55 AM
Cherry Waves is upbeat? Ehhh since when?

Mein is the upbeat song of SNW, the record could've used another one or two.

Agreed, I think SNW is there most downbeat record by far, wouldnt exactly get you pumped up.

I really hope the new record isnt as sad, bit more lively stuff please

jesusinabowlofdirt

snw isnt a sad record,its just lame

mikau

13hourstoparadise

People can have opinions...

Yes, please please please, let me get what I want... Lord knows it would sound like Bloody Cape..

God help me, god help me, god help me, god, god help... Aw, when I'm in a bad mood and listen to the break down of that song no one better be in my way. I would straight up murder a cop in front of his childern... Wait, what!? Kidding... Trey, you listening ;)

cyppe101

They need more songs that aren't like Xerces.

Starz

I hope Eros is the darkest, saddest shit they've ever done.

There Will Be Blood

mr.sinister

Quote from: Starz on Feb 02, 2008, 11:26 PM

Lawl. Really? Dang. I want some happy shit like (Like) Linus days.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: mr.sinester on Feb 03, 2008, 06:18 AM
Quote from: Starz on Feb 02, 2008, 11:26 PM

Lawl. Really? Dang. I want some happy shit like (Like) Linus days.

Fuck it, redo Like Linus and give us some emotion without the fucking eyeliner. Deftones.

Caín

what they need is to reinvent themselves completely. i wanna hear a record i cannot believe. i wanna hear something fresh. something i've never thought of.

theshadeisatool

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 02, 2008, 10:29 PM
People can have opinions...

Yes, please please please, let me get what I want... Lord knows it would sound like Bloody Cape..

God help me, god help me, god help me, god, god help... Aw, when I'm in a bad mood and listen to the break down of that song no one better be in my way. I would straight up murder a cop in front of his childern... Wait, what!? Kidding... Trey, you listening ;)

Haha yeah I know that feeling re listening to Bloody Cape!

theshadeisatool

Quote from: Caín on Feb 03, 2008, 12:29 PM
what they need is to reinvent themselves completely. i wanna hear a record i cannot believe. i wanna hear something fresh. something i've never thought of.

Yep, indeed.

The more I think about it, the more lightweight SNW seems, although I do still consider it a good record. I don't think it's one that has necessarily stood the test of time, even after less than 18 months. This album needs to pack a punch, Deftones have never produced a bad album, but this one needs to be on a par with the work done pre-Self-Titled.