Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Wasted at Waldrock" Live Netherlands 2001 recording question

Started by st3v3n_g, Feb 14, 2008, 10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

st3v3n_g

Alright, I've acquired this recording and though I bet it was embarrassing as hell for the rest of the band, the sound quality is good and Chino's behavior is funny as hell.  Reminds me of Phil Anselmo's days with Pantera only Chino's not as beligerent, haha.  I read all about the show at this site -  http://live-bootleg.blogspot.com/2008/01/deftones-fondness-for-own-genitals.html

My question is, what is the proper tracklisting so I can burn it for a friend that is also a big Deftones fan and would get a good laugh out of it as well?  I know the songs are (in no particular order):
Headup
Be Quiet and Drive
My Own Summer
Subliminal (Suicidal Tendencies cover)
Root
Bored
Feiticeira
Korea
Nosebleed

The answer to my ? would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance

We need a lighthouse for the lost and a beacon for the broken

Zevaka

01  intro                                         01:10
    02  headup                                        04:55
    03  my own summer (shove it)                      07:23
    04  feiticeira                                    03:19
    05  korea                                         05:08
    06  be quiet and drive (far away)                 04:59
    07  sublimal (feat. mike muir from suicidal tende 04:22
    08  root                                          04:26
    09  nosebleed                                     07:42
    10  bored                                         06:38

it's lame to burn cd from mp3

st3v3n_g

Yeah, I know... I convert to .wav's first but if it sounds decent, fuggit... Just to make sure, is the intro included in HeadUp with Chino rambling "It's an American... heavy metal weekend..." or am I missing a track?  If so, could you help out?  Thanks Zevaka  ;)

st3v3n_g

OK, cool.  Despite the fact it's in dreaded mp3, I think it's a neat and funny piece of Deftones history  8)

Edit: I just wanted to ask since you seem so against mp3 haha (though I do understand why), but you don't if .flac's of this recording exist do you?

Zevaka

def-head

st3v3n_g

Zevaka - You've never met it huh?  I don't think anyone could, really  ::)

def-head - Right on, thanks for sharing bro  :)

mikau

good thing girls didn't show their titties, chino could have erected.

slyartwork

Quote from: st3v3n_g on Feb 14, 2008, 10:17 AM

....so I can burn it for a friend that is also a big Deftones fan and would get a good laugh out of it as well? 

fans know this dude. he's not a big fan. this is such old news.

still, any questions.. i was at the show ans saw it all so let me know. i also saw chino backstage running around in the afternoon... already drunk. it was a cool night although, at the moment, i was pretty pissed off. cool thing was is that chino recognized me during the show which you can hear during my own summer (the part were you hear feedback before the chorus starts again in the end.).... he was covered in sand thrown by metalfans who we're pretty pissed off at such a weak headliner of a metal festival.. haha
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

st3v3n_g

Quote from: slyartwork on Feb 15, 2008, 01:18 PM
....so I can burn it for a friend that is also a big Deftones fan and would get a good laugh out of it as well? 

He is a big Deftones fan, been one since Around the Fur days, so a bit longer than me.  He doesn't have a computer and the internet.  You gotta take some things into consideration, Mr. "I have a computer, I'm the biggest Deftones fan around and this is such old news".

slyartwork

not having a computer is soooo pre-around the fur   ;D
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: slyartwork on Feb 15, 2008, 01:18 PM
Quote from: st3v3n_g on Feb 14, 2008, 10:17 AM

fans know this dude. he's not a big fan. this is such old news.

still, any questions.. i was at the show ans saw it all so let me know. i also saw chino backstage running around in the afternoon... already drunk. it was a cool night although, at the moment, i was pretty pissed off. cool thing was is that chino recognized me during the show which you can hear during my own summer (the part were you hear feedback before the chorus starts again in the end.).... he was covered in sand thrown by metalfans who we're pretty pissed off at such a weak headliner of a metal festival.. haha

Straight metal fans with black shirts and long hair are fucking retarded... If all you listen to is metal, well, bleh....

st3v3n_g

Quote from: slyartwork on Mar 06, 2008, 05:57 AM
not having a computer is soooo pre-around the fur   ;D

Proof of point on both sides of the comment.   ;)