Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

best picture

Started by lithium, Feb 16, 2008, 03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

there will be blood

there will be oscars

blondie

no country for old men = overrated and overhyped. cohen brothers should stick to comedy.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Feb 24, 2008, 01:56 PM
there will be blood

there will be oscars

I hated that movie... However, the acting was beyound our time... "I drink your milk shake."

lithium

💩

Variable

Quote from: goldpony on Feb 19, 2008, 09:25 PM
Quote from: Variable on Feb 19, 2008, 03:46 PM
how the fuck have I heard of none of these movies?

you are fighting a war in afghanistan ;D
pwned

shine down unshy

Loved No country and both Blood, I was thinking Blood would win, just because of the amazing acting, but Country just had a great story and it all kinda pieced itself together and made sense the first time I saw it.  I'm glad both won something.

13hourstoparadise

No Country for old men was a trip. Awesome storey line...

Milton from office space dies in the movie.. Didn't see that one coming... haha

Breach Unborn

Winner: No Country For Old Men

Variable

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 26, 2008, 05:23 AM
Milton from office space dies in the movie.. Didn't see that one coming... haha
maybe a spoiler alert or something next time?

13hourstoparadise

You're right, my bad...

lithium

hahaha fuck the cohen brothers, only serious movie they've made that i've liked was fargo, and even though no country is an amazing movie,.. pt anderson desrerved it. 
💩

deafnotes

no country for young men

13hourstoparadise

Np country for 2 girls 1 cup.

Variable

blondie

the cohen bros. will always be legends for the big lebowski. no matter how hard they suck from here on out, you can never take that away from them.

Variable

so I finally saw "no country for old men" last night.  Awesome movie.  I loved it.  Now im not in the states to hear what kind of hype its getting and all that to judge if its overrated or not.  It probably is.  But I really enjoyed it.  I wasn't sure if I would because everyone out here was bitching about the ending.  But really, it was not that bad.  Im just not too sure that they really thought the ending through.  But it did seem like the cohen bros almost tried to sabotage their movie in certain parts by being purposefully too artistic or original or......I dont really know how to put it.  But other than the couple of parts that could have been done way better, great movie

oh and 13 you really didn't spoil anything at all for me.  Not like I didn't see it coming anyways.

goldpony

Quote from: Variable on Mar 01, 2008, 01:00 PM
so I finally saw "no country for old men" last night.  Awesome movie.  I loved it.  Now im not in the states to hear what kind of hype its getting and all that to judge if its overrated or not.  It probably is.  But I really enjoyed it.  I wasn't sure if I would because everyone out here was bitching about the ending.  But really, it was not that bad.  Im just not too sure that they really thought the ending through.  But it did seem like the cohen bros almost tried to sabotage their movie in certain parts by being purposefully too artistic or original or......I dont really know how to put it.  But other than the couple of parts that could have been done way better, great movie

oh and 13 you really didn't spoil anything at all for me.  Not like I didn't see it coming anyways.

ive read the book, but havent seen the movie. from what i hear, the movie is pretty much dead on with the book.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Variable

ahhhh didn't know there was a book.  I will have to read it.

lithium

watch there will be blood already
💩

Variable

dude im in afghanistan.  Its not that easy.  I would love to but so far the pirated versions have been HORRIBLE