Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Dillinger Escape Plan rip off Deftones?

Started by Robtones, Feb 23, 2008, 08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robtones

Anybody familiar with the song 'mouth of ghosts' by DEP? Its end sounds really like the end of 'Passenger'!

Check out this file;
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5BI01JH6

Atomic

My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

Robtones

Quote from: Atomic on Feb 23, 2008, 08:24 PM
i see no resemblance

o yes, there is a resemblance ;), listen carefully.

Timmy666

wow i deffinately see the similarity.

Atomic

Quote from: Robtones on Feb 23, 2008, 11:52 PM
Quote from: Atomic on Feb 23, 2008, 08:24 PM
i see no resemblance

o yes, there is a resemblance ;), listen carefully.
i'm almost deaf in one ear, maybe thats y i cant tell :-\

stuka

Yeah, listen carefully Passenger at 3:52 to 4:15 and you will see resemblance in the riffs with the end of Mouth of Ghosts.
I didn't catch that immediately cause this is not really the end of Passenger we are talking about.

I love the Dillinger though but , meh.
face teh load.

13hourstoparadise

The lead singer of DEP needs to learn a melody, regardless, he is a savage mother fucker so I give him props. He is no Chino circa '94 or Phil from Pantera, but he has energy and I love that shit... If you like DEP check out Akimbo....... I am partecular since I grew up with 'em.... But Jon, the bassist prior guitarist is the most live louf fucking singer musican I've ever met. He used to be in a band, him and the drummer called the Posse, they actually played a set in seattle that was the star wars theme for 90 minuts straight.... Serioudly, check 'em out... You tube some of their live shit. The drummers real name is Nat Damm... I've known him in freshman year and never really got a long with him. However, he is one bad ass drummer. Compared to Elie from 'The Girls' he is top dog.

This is coming from someone who has seen Sublime live and Isis... In that in fact is any insight to real live music... Oh, RJD2 as well... Live, holy shit....

13hourstoparadise

That was a total plug sorry....

But the drummer from 'The Girls' and I are starting a side project...

Either 'Uppercunt' or 'Delorian Inc.'  will be our calling card, sorry to hi-jack the thread, but what name do you like better?

Anyway, to get back on topic I think DEP taking notes from Deftones is great... Look at Droid, or the song from Dead Poetic the Chino helped produce... You got to stop comparing and respect the energy IMHO.

Starz

Dillinger were amazing last night, quite a short set though cos here in London we have some fucking gay curfew times...

theshadeisatool

Quote from: Starz on Feb 24, 2008, 06:38 PM
Dillinger were amazing last night, quite a short set though cos here in London we have some fucking gay curfew times...

I saw them in Bristol on Fri night and it was a really short set, probably down to curfew, but they did have two bands supporting?!

Starz

Yeah, Stolen Babies and Between The Buried And Me who were both pretty shit I thought... DEP roadies are some of the biggest cunts I've ever met too... Gil is a nice guy though.

Atomic

Quote from: stuka on Feb 24, 2008, 11:41 AM
Yeah, listen carefully Passenger at 3:52 to 4:15 and you will see resemblance in the riffs with the end of Mouth of Ghosts.
I didn't catch that immediately cause this is not really the end of Passenger we are talking about.

I love the Dillinger though but , meh.
yea i see it now, similar indeed, i like the dillinger version better

sicily

wow what a total rip off, thats so gay of them.  the gutar riff is exact with the feedback pauses and all. never listened to DEP and now never will. thats pathetic.

tarkil

Wow, it's so crazily obvious it's unbelievable... Damn....

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Robtones

mikau

samson simpson

stfu
Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 24, 2008, 04:26 PM
The lead singer of DEP needs to learn a melody, regardless, he is a savage mother fucker so I give him props. He is no Chino circa '94 or Phil from Pantera, but he has energy and I love that shit... If you like DEP check out Akimbo....... I am partecular since I grew up with 'em.... But Jon, the bassist prior guitarist is the most live louf fucking singer musican I've ever met. He used to be in a band, him and the drummer called the Posse, they actually played a set in seattle that was the star wars theme for 90 minuts straight.... Serioudly, check 'em out... You tube some of their live shit. The drummers real name is Nat Damm... I've known him in freshman year and never really got a long with him. However, he is one bad ass drummer. Compared to Elie from 'The Girls' he is top dog.

This is coming from someone who has seen Sublime live and Isis... In that in fact is any insight to real live music... Oh, RJD2 as well... Live, holy shit....

stfu

you type 2 much man

and its always horseshit on a platinum plate

listen..

hear your queif   :-*

theshadeisatool

Now being a Dillinger Escape Fan throughout their various eras, I would be inclined to say this a typical DEP tune. But I see what you mean. Maybe it's because Dillinger and Deftones do share a common heritage - Faith No More stands at the forefront, but there's other bands that have influenced both of them. For me I do see the similarities, but I would say their co-incidental. I wopuld say that Greg goes into asort of bossanova-esque vocal refrain at the end, which is ripping-off FNM more than anyone...

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: samson simpson on Feb 27, 2008, 02:14 AM
stfu
Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 24, 2008, 04:26 PM

stfu

you type 2 much man

and its always horseshit on a platinum plate

listen..

hear your queif   :-*

Yeah, you're right... I did type way too much. I think I was high.