Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Is Terry Date "locked" in as Producer for "Eros"?

Started by ALightOn, Feb 27, 2008, 06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyppe101

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 01, 2008, 02:11 AM
Quote from: cyppe101 on Feb 29, 2008, 08:32 PM
Quote from: theshadeisatool on Feb 29, 2008, 03:49 PM
The only not quite as good but still brilliant (my own opinion) fruit it has produced was S/T - even then it was lot to expect another White Pony and many others would indeed pick S/T over WP, as discussions on this board have shown.

Yes, I like s/t definetly more than white pony. Not saying WP is a bad album, but it doesn't have Hexagram, WGTB, Battle-Axe or Bloody Cape..

yea thankfully it doesn't. not knockin those tunes, but WP has a lot better tunes than those
I know what you mean, those songs are different and belong to s/t. White Pony is it's own entity (like everybody knows).

Inkblades

I'm going to say something that alot of people will disagree with, but here goes. Deftones need Terry Date. SNW, while good, is the weakest album in their discography. That also was the one album Date wasn't on. Maybe I'll be proven wrong when Eros comes out, but for now, that's how I feel.

Jizzlobber

Yeah you have a point.

Terry Date is a good producer thats why. Terry is as much a member of Deftones as anyone. he understands the guys well as people, as musicians, artists, he knows how to take all the individual roads thats thats seperate members are on, and lead them to one final road and destination, bringing them all to the same place.

SNW sounded a bit "all over the place" in terms of the ideas, Date always gets them on the same road, speaking in metaphors of course
<

Starz

Yes I am pleased Terry Date is back as the producer. After SNW I think all of the Deftones knew that getting Terry in on the new album is the best idea...