Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Is Terry Date "locked" in as Producer for "Eros"?

Started by ALightOn, Feb 27, 2008, 06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Hidalgo on Feb 28, 2008, 12:35 AM
that was pretty funny, they weren't tryin to move that day

Yup, bunch of stoners.

mr.sinister

wow this is great news. all of the deftones records that date has produced have been perfect. its also cool how they are working with scotty olson.

SNW was fucking great, but i have a feeling that this will be the D-tones best effort since ATF.

emehlen

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 28, 2008, 12:29 AM
Quote from: Corleone on Feb 27, 2008, 04:57 PM
Quote from: emehlen on Feb 27, 2008, 04:12 PM

Somebody has to be there to tell the Deftones to stop eating sunflower seeds. 

errr? what>?

Ever see the video where Terry tells them to quit eating seeds and record some tracks... Funny shit... Of course Abe is just chilling at the drums waiting to play.

Oh yeah, haha. Sorry... i figured some people would get that.  I knew someone would be like "wtf?"

Like 13hours said its from the video on the enhanced content of S/T album

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: mr.sinester on Feb 28, 2008, 01:08 AM
SNW was fucking great, but i have a feeling that this will be the D-tones best effort since ATF.

Yeah, me too :)

deftonekid

Quote from: emehlen on Feb 28, 2008, 05:47 AM
Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 28, 2008, 12:29 AM
Quote from: Corleone on Feb 27, 2008, 04:57 PM
Quote from: emehlen on Feb 27, 2008, 04:12 PM

Somebody has to be there to tell the Deftones to stop eating sunflower seeds. 

errr? what>?

Ever see the video where Terry tells them to quit eating seeds and record some tracks... Funny shit... Of course Abe is just chilling at the drums waiting to play.

Oh yeah, haha. Sorry... i figured some people would get that.  I knew someone would be like "wtf?"

Like 13hours said its from the video on the enhanced content of S/T album

yeah i remember it, they were talking about seeds so then terry said something like: stop playing dominos and shit and lets make some music, while abe was on drums like "a good dog"  haha

hope terry do something for this album, snw is good but atf is awesome so...we need terry back...

Inkblades

13hourstoparadise

"Up there in Seattle"

- Chino with a southern accent.. WTF? No one in Seattle has a fucking southern accent.

glassdomino

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 29, 2008, 02:02 AM
"Up there in Seattle"

- Chino with a southern accent.. WTF? No one in Seattle has a fucking southern accent.

Hence Seattle being "up there".  But if you want to get technical, up and over to the left there in Seatlle.

Timmy666

"You know bout' that boy from Seattle? Terry Date? Yeah Terry Date."

hahaha classic.

Hidalgo

samson simpson

it doesnt really matter who produces the album at this point

Jizzlobber

i would safely say, Deftones might be very weary of not having the next record be succesful, so, i would say, they have thought long and hard about ways to almost guarantee a succesful record. and i think they came to the conclusion the Terry Date back as producer will serve them better than self producing (bad option) or getting a "new guy"

<

fireflyry

Hard question...

TBH I think bands are at fault when they use they same producer but thats a very individual take on production.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

theshadeisatool

They always said he was a brilliant sound engineer, and if they wanted a certain sound he would know how to help them create it - It sounds like a pretty good relationship as far as bands and producers go,

The only not quite as good but still brilliant (my own opinion) fruit it has produced was S/T - even then it was lot to expect another White Pony and many others would indeed pick S/T over WP, as discussions on this board have shown.

cyppe101

Quote from: theshadeisatool on Feb 29, 2008, 03:49 PM
The only not quite as good but still brilliant (my own opinion) fruit it has produced was S/T - even then it was lot to expect another White Pony and many others would indeed pick S/T over WP, as discussions on this board have shown.

Yes, I like s/t definetly more than white pony. Not saying WP is a bad album, but it doesn't have Hexagram, WGTB, Battle-Axe or Bloody Cape..

mr.sinister

i think we can agree that terry date is the deftones' sixth band member.

Hidalgo

nah, i dont see him as that at all. i think they make whatever they wanna make

Hidalgo

Quote from: cyppe101 on Feb 29, 2008, 08:32 PM
Quote from: theshadeisatool on Feb 29, 2008, 03:49 PM

Yes, I like s/t definetly more than white pony. Not saying WP is a bad album, but it doesn't have Hexagram, WGTB, Battle-Axe or Bloody Cape..

yea thankfully it doesn't. not knockin those tunes, but WP has a lot better tunes than those

mikau

I agree, except hexagram cause its one of their greatests imo

Hidalgo

i never thought hexagram was among their best. just my opinion