Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Is Terry Date "locked" in as Producer for "Eros"?

Started by ALightOn, Feb 27, 2008, 06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALightOn

Hidalgo

i thought they were producing it themselves?

but Terry Date will do just fine, if that's who they're gonna go with

pissedandpierced

I did read on Total Rock yesterday that Terry Date was doing this album and that it's also to be released in the autum. I thought this was common knowledge and that Total Rock were just being late as usual.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Frankz0r

I hope he is.

He has been the best producer in their career (well, first and best of other 2).

rainier

It will be awesome if they stick with Terry...

emehlen

Either way, He will definetly contribute. Chino confirmed his presence in the blog.  So..... woo hoo!

Somebody has to be there to tell the Deftones to stop eating sunflower seeds. 

Corleone

Quote from: emehlen on Feb 27, 2008, 04:12 PM

errr? what>?

theshadeisatool

I'm glad they're getting back to working with Terry after the whole Bob Ezrin episode. Hopefully it will say "Terry Date and Deftones" on the production credits, like it should, hehe...

ALightOn

If this is true, I'm (MORE)) fucking stoked about this album after the last runaround...SNW

emotivelotion

snw9

yo bob ezrin's material wasnt that bad..when the band relocated to sacremento with brian virtue (the engineer) a lot of new songs came out then like rapture, rats!rats!rats!, kim dracula and then there was shaun lopez who did a wonderful job.SNW was a good change from terry date..i just hope there are songs as good as SNW.
Code: [Select]

Hidalgo

theshadeisatool

Riviere is very good indeed, As are many tracks from that album.

Wraith584

I can't stand the production on SNW

the guitars sound way too light and the drums sound way too tinny (not to be confused with tiny).. it just sounds shitty overall in my car for some reason (and I have a good system)

I am in love with the heavy booming sound of Around the Fur and even self-titled (yes, I know deftones produced it themselves), so I'm stoked about Terry Date being back

theshadeisatool

^^
I like what you said about the boom.

There is definitely a sonic wall of guitar on those records that is irresistable sounding. SNW sounds all over the place on the other hand. It's still a great record, but in Deftones terms some songs sound a bit limp, others heavy - it's generally incohenrent.

ALightOn

Quote from: emotivelotion on Feb 27, 2008, 05:47 PM
go and read the blog noobs
You read the blog...then read, maybe reread the question (topic)...

theshadeisatool

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Corleone on Feb 27, 2008, 04:57 PM
Quote from: emehlen on Feb 27, 2008, 04:12 PM

errr? what>?

Ever see the video where Terry tells them to quit eating seeds and record some tracks... Funny shit... Of course Abe is just chilling at the drums waiting to play.

Hidalgo

that was pretty funny, they weren't tryin to move that day