Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Entertain Me Video, New Trailer

Started by There Will Be Blood, Mar 11, 2008, 10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldpony

Quote from: blondie on Mar 12, 2008, 07:38 PM
i don't understand where you people are getting these "negative" vibes from by simply watching 2-3 minute clips. i think you're all reading too much into what chino called "depressing". to be out on the road for months, playing shows and fighting with each other is usually going to be depressing for anyone doing it, but for fans who want to watch it all unfold, it won't be, 'cause it gives them more of an insight of how the band blends together.

to me, it looks like a well documented film with a very good balance of live performances, light hearted fun and intimate interviews. it sucks that not only record company jackasses want to keep this from taking off, but so-called "fans" do as well.

- fin

i wasnt trying to imply that i felt that way, i too would like to see it out of curiousity. i was simply trying to say id rather watch new footage than a film thats almost a decade old at this point.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Timmy666

blondie

Quote from: Timmy666 on Mar 13, 2008, 01:37 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0JjwxTTUK3Q&feature=related

check it. they talk about EM

yeah, thanks for posting that. it pretty much solidifies everything i stated. chino said himself they wanted to put it out.

end of discussion.

DefUnNorma428

we probably wont see this film officially released ever

for the same reasons stated avbove

i understand how it was a weird time for them with drugs and all...but at the same time thats the side of the music business i wanna see like how much work it really is
because apparently it is real work...and it looks totally worth it..i mean they are normal people and i imagine they can be boring at times like everyone but this kind of dvd is what i wanted

and being the one who talked to the director of the thing he wanted it released too but he said the label didnt want it out cuz it was "dark and depressing" 

its funny im the reason that phrase got kicked around so much(dark and deressing) on the internet anyway  because the director dude said that to me on the phone and then he heard it on the net and i got an email about how i shouldnt have quoted him lol...he was a really cool dude tho he was down with the petition and everything

Swords

FYIHYD

bloody_liver

It looks like Andrew Bennett (Director) simply updated the layout of his portfolio website and I'm assuming he put up this newer trailer for the film to impress employers.

Deftones-argentina

I guess they should do it ala Trent reznor and leak it themselves since it's not gonna be released. I remember some Sl member who saw Entertain me, and said the dvd made him like the deftones a little less.

Smog

Quote from: bloody_liver on Mar 13, 2008, 05:59 AM
It looks like Andrew Bennett (Director) simply updated the layout of his portfolio website and I'm assuming he put up this newer trailer for the film to impress employers.

I think that too!
And i totally agree with blondie about the fact that they knew "someone" was filming and they knew what Andrew Bennett  would do with this shit! 
Finally, i don't believe that they became "ashamed" of the drugs stuff! C'mon, every picture of steph, he's got his weed or, sorry, his "cigarette"?!?

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Mar 13, 2008, 10:30 AM
I guess they should do it ala Trent reznor and leak it themselves since it's not gonna be released. I remember some Sl member who saw Entertain me, and said the dvd made him like the deftones a little less.

I knew a person that used to live near me in Santa Cruz who had a copy on VHS... I think I've said this before, but I never saw it...

Personally, if I could travel the world and make music that would be my dream. To see video of people struggling to cope with it might help re-direct my dreams... Assuming the above is true, feel me... ?