Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

Quote from: blixa on Apr 27, 2011, 11:28 AM
did you get yourself a boy toy?

yes. it's awesome. I am really happy.

Crazylegs

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Crazylegs on Apr 27, 2011, 11:38 AM
Too bad about your Blackhawks buddy. I'm rooting for Vancouver, so i'm very satisfied.
WHAT?! HOW COULD YOU?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

I really like a lot of their players. Since the avs sucked like no other team almost the whole season, and the pens have the star players out, i have to find my entertainment elsewhere. And i always had a thing for Vancouver, so that's why.

bright lights, big city

I hear you. I just have to dislike them since they pretty much became one our top rivals the last few years, and it's funny that their fans have massive heart attacks whenever Luongo loses a couple games. most of the time i do pull for the canadian teams though. Speaking of which, I was just having a conversation with a friend reminiscing about all the old teams in the 90s before they moved south, and wishing they would go back. That's what so unusual but great about hockey; I enjoy watching most of the teams and have been fans of a lot of different teams. I love the Hawks, but I used to really like Hartford and Winnipeg. The last decade or so it's been more Buffalo, Ottawa and Calgary.

But have you heard the rumors about the Coyotes moving back to Winnipeg? I REALLY hope they go back home this offseason. Fuck Phoenix.

In all honesty, this first round of playoffs (NHL and NBA actually) has been the most entertaining to watch as far back as i can remember. Thank god there's still 6 weeks of this to go.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

Would they change the name back to the jets too?

I'm not big on Basketball, and it's hard to follow the stanley cup (and nhl in general) over here. Most games are played in the middle of the night here. And i have to watch them on the web in shitty quality. Luckily nhl.com has all the highlights and stuff. But it has been really exciting so far in almost all the series.

bright lights, big city

I think they would be the Winnipeg Jets again, but it's still not written in stone. I just hope that city gets them back this year. It would also be interesting to see what happens with the divisions if they do move.
DERP

devilinside

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 27, 2011, 07:52 PM
Quote from: Crazylegs on Apr 27, 2011, 11:38 AM
Too bad about your Blackhawks buddy. I'm rooting for Vancouver, so i'm very satisfied.
WHAT?! HOW COULD YOU?

No worries...this is what you'll be seeing most starting tomorrow night.  :-*

bright lights, big city

that looks like Luongo's just melting, just reaching for his life.
DERP

devilinside

Haha...it does! "Oooh...what a world what a world!"

Sea Bass

hey man.

I wanna be your friend.

bright lights, big city

haha, well you passed the first test in liking the Bulls
DERP

Sea Bass

my parents were in chicago and bought an official rose shirt for me. its the red one. im in love with it.

are you from chicago?

bright lights, big city

yeah been living in the city or the west suburbs my whole life. you mean like those jersey-shirts? i honestly still don't have anyone's jersey on this team. i'm slacking in that department, haha. i've been sporting my old rodman black jersey this whole season from way back when.
DERP

Sea Bass

hahaha
man, rodman went mad with that drag phase. but I think every one like him.

do you go to the united center support the bulls? thats one of my dreams. 

bright lights, big city

maybe once a year I get there for the Bulls. Tickets are really expensive though, kind of like the Blackhawks now. Their's used to be really cheap until, well, they got good. A big regret of mine is never seeing the old Chicago Stadium. I've heard tons of stories of crazy and loud it was in there. Would've been awesome to see MJ in there in the early 90s.
DERP

Sea Bass

yes. Im glad i could watch mj playing on tv, but see him on the stadium would be unbelievable. Michael Jordan is one of the best players of every sport (except baseball) of all times.

man, talking about the city of Chicago, my father said the people there are very educated, with an aspect of interior citizens cities, even living on a big an beautiful city. well, that was just an overview but I believe thats true.
I loved the Sears Tower pictures, make me wanna visit there.

bright lights, big city

you should visit. it's awesome in the summer when it gets warm. today it got up to 90, and EVERYONE was out, it was awesome. and Sears Tower is definitely a place to hit up if you come. especially now since they put in the glass bottom skydeck.

DERP

devilinside

Chicago is the fucking shiz!! lol Seriously though,I plan to move there before I die,I feel "at home" in that city. Been there a dozen or so times,and every time it gets better and better. I was last there in Aug/Sept last year and went to the Sears Tower (Which is actually the Willis Tower now) and stood on that plexiglass...shit scared me! Between Wrigley Field,China Town(they have serious msg in their food!!) searching for Al Capones grave,the pizza and Lollapalooza...you never really run out of things to do. I need to get back soon.

bright lights, big city

DERP