Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Elite

Started by theshadeisatool, Apr 18, 2008, 03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theshadeisatool

I was listening to this Grammy-winning song the other day, as I have done one many an occasion over the last seven and a half or so years, and I thought 'this is a perfect song'. The production, its proportions, the sound and it's so cathartic. Can I get a hell yeah?

theshadeisatool

Oh my god. My bad. Please can someone move to the Deftones forum?!

snw777

yeah Elite is one of the best deftones heavy songs.

bright lights, big city

i can agree with this
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theshadeisatool

This is plaguing my mind, that I posted in the wrong forum - fuel for the pedants - oh, my paranoia.

theshadeisatool

Thanks for move. As I was saying, perfect song.

deepest_ocean

at first I thought the song is a bit boring but nowadays I really like it as it is.

theshadeisatool

It's the pimping riff in the verses, and the lyrics... Chino at his best. The whole package of the song is spot on.

stuka

Yea, a killer song.
face teh load.

slyartwork

for me: not a deftones favorite
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

Deftones-argentina

"You're into depression
Cause it matches your eyes"

That was a really brilliant line, well said. Nowadays I don't like the song that much (despite being one of the firsts of the album to catch my attention), but I simply love when the song stops and then...WHEN WE'RE RIIIIPe!!

Corleone

In the summer when they played this, it was just insane. They had like a stobe light on chino throughout the song, I was trippin balls.

Timmy666

I do enjoy the lyrics...

mikau

Quote from: slyartwork on Apr 19, 2008, 02:10 PM
for me: not a deftones favorite

x2

in fact, one of my least favorites from WP

Zevaka

from hardcore deftones songs, it's my favorite.

But i luv other side of the deftones more. I'm BQAD kid, if you understand what i mean

Frankz0r

I like it a lot but the chorus is kinda annoying in the last half of the song... but the screams + the electronic vox rock.

wither-I

Quote from: theshadeisatool on Apr 19, 2008, 10:23 AM
It's the pimping riff in the verses, and the lyrics... Chino at his best. The whole package of the song is spot on.
im into pimping your words cause they match my eyes.

each and every fucking syllable.

chino's into eating doughnuts, cause they match his eyes,

wider than his tummy,

a certain small way of looking at things.

bless.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Hidalgo

a lot of deftones fans hate this song, or whatever. but yea, i love it. always have. it's awesome.

ignore the fashion

elite is an awesome song

Caín

clearly one of my favorites. and i mean favorites. i just love the way how it's messy but so clean and structured at the same time.