Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones could be a lot better onstage

Started by mikau, Apr 30, 2008, 02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikau

I'd love to see them doing some improvisations, changing structures of the songs, blend songs (like that 7 words/birthmark they do), enhace visuals... maybe playing a bit of konami song as an opener and make it flow into an upbeat song... stuff like that.

I don't know, I believe they could make their live acts soo much cooler.

I'm not saying they're bad live, at all. I love em. 

Watcha think?

White Wrist

i think you are crazy. Or something worst.

deftoneskoen

We'll a couple off years ago they were real good in fucking shows up (waldrock for the whorst exaple). But chino now lays of the alcohol before the shows.
After haven't seeing them in a couple of years and seeing them again in 2006 alot has improved.
Last 2 times in 013 and paradiso they really kicked ass. Deftones live kicks ass now, why would they do any better?

wither-I

i think your right.
not so much jumping around like savages like they (mostly chino and chi) used to (though they still move a pretty good bit).
but i hear ya on the pplay with songs and stuff like that... even some more frank improv shit would be cool. they still do a straiht up AMAZING job considering their age and incessant touring for the last what....decade.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

emehlen

I think the only way they could improve is the visuals part.  I always felt like the art direction of their videos, album art, and shows could be a lot better. Like Tool has Alex Grey, Deftones needs a good artist to represent their visuals. Because I'm tired of seeing the damn band, lol.  To me their music envokes surreal imagery. Artistic as it is, so should their imagery be. But as for the rest, I think they put on they put on one of the best live shows ever, mostly because of the energy.

wither-I

Quote from: emehlen on Apr 30, 2008, 04:26 PM
I think the only way they could improve is the visuals part.  I always felt like the art direction of their videos, album art, and shows could be a lot better. Like Tool has Alex Grey, Deftones needs a good artist to represent their visuals. To me their music envokes surreal imagery. Artistic as it is, so should their imagery be.
some one says it finally.

bless.

Deftones-argentina

I'd like to see some changes in the songs as you mentioned. For example, I always thought they should jam on Knife prty's bridge. Or change an intro, or whatever, just something fresh.

wither-I

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Apr 30, 2008, 06:02 PM
I'd like to see some changes in the songs as you mentioned. For example, I always thought they should jam on Knife prty's bridge. Or change an intro, or whatever, just something fresh.
def!

Penicks

I hate their videoclips. It mostly shows them playing. That is just so creative it makes my penis bleed.

White Wrist

being better on stage...it´s not the same as some different things they could do.

visual part: YES! They deserve it!

Better on stage: as a band...and etc...NO, i don´t think so. Maybe chino´s voice is not good, but if you got "lucky" is a fucking experience!

emehlen

Quote from: Penicks on Apr 30, 2008, 06:24 PM
I hate their videoclips. It mostly shows them playing. That is just so creative it makes my penis bleed.

haha

Quote from: White Wrist on Apr 30, 2008, 06:52 PM

visual part: YES! They deserve it!

They definetly deserve better,

I'm tired of seeing them (videos,picture montages) As for live shows, maybe a little better production, they don't have to pour all their money into it, just add some cool visual aspects to it.

Starz

I think they can't get better live personally. On their last tour they were playing some of the best shows in their careers and they even said so themselves. I don't care much for visuals, I'm there to see the Deftones play some of my favourite songs...

pony_01

the live show could be get any better if steph doing some jumping-or headbanging like lambofgod did.
lol
Kidding.

shine down unshy

They all used to get way into the music.  Chi still does, he head bangs and moves around alot, Chino steps up on that little platform, sings,  and just gets back down.  No more jumping into the crowd and surfing for him, haha.  Steph used to get into it, now I see him and most of the time homeboy's too stoned and he just stands there playing the guitar with his hair in his face.  And Abe is beast..still, I have to give it to em, they put on a hell of a show musically.

E-Money

i dont go to deftones shows to look at visuals. i go for the music.

ignore the fashion

i think deftones have always done really well with their live shows.

i don't think they need any extra crazy stage props or anything, their last tour was just fine.

Deftones-argentina

I like the lightnings they have used, it suits their style trully well. It'd be cool if they prepare a background image, like they did in the white pony era and Pre-SNW for example.

deepest_ocean

Id like to see them making more diverse setlists, playing songs they dont play that often live. there's a whole bunch of them. That alone would make their shows more interesting to me :)

i kill for fun

"playful deception is the lowest form of Tom-foolery"
"i don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die"

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Quote from: mikau on Apr 30, 2008, 02:39 PM
I'd love to see them doing some improvisations, changing structures of the songs, blend songs (like that 7 words/birthmark they do), enhace visuals... maybe playing a bit of konami song as an opener and make it flow into an upbeat song... stuff like that.

I don't know, I believe they could make their live acts soo much cooler.

I'm not saying they're bad live, at all. I love em. 

Watcha think?

I think you are asking for a Hannah Montana show, that will suit you perfect.
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn