Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

CULT OF LUNA

Started by cEvin Key, May 10, 2008, 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defTHE1s

Something tells me this album is going to be mindblowing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_O-NZfzvj0&feature=youtu.be

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

bright lights, big city

That's pretty great. Can't wait for more.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Diplo

Holy fuck, her voice is perfect !

! No longer available

bright lights, big city

My favorite on the new album!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

That song reminds me of the clean part of Dimmu Borgir's "Progenies of the Great Apocalypse" for some odd reason. The chord progression and the harmony between the guitars and vocals are vaguely similar.

defTHE1s

That is fucking gold. So far the 2 songs have had better effect on me than the 2 new songs of Deftones. And I'm talking about of what I was waiting for each band.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

theis

Not sure how I feel about her vocals. I'm hoping they'll grow on me.

Diplo

Sometimes she reminds me Rodleen on Knife Party.
I think a guess with Deftones would be awesome.

For the COL parts, it's pretty solid like usual but it lacks a little something that I dont find since Eternal Kingdom.

defTHE1s

Maybe it feels more like Vertikal than EK, like a logic progression but definitely that 'something is missing at least in this 2 tracks.
Maybe it has to see with the 2 members that are not longer in the band.

defTHE1s

By any chance is some of you here taping the current shows along Europe?

defTHE1s

Yet another bump...
Someone is able to rip/get the audio of this CoL set? The 1st half is useless songs, then they air like 3 Studio songs from the band and then air the show they did today (may, 12) at Göteborg, but sadly it's not the full show.
http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=4067&artikel=6430019
If no one is able, I'll try but maybe till the weekend or next week.
Thanks.

defTHE1s

Anyone near those venues is going?

theis

Me and my girl may take a roadtrip to the Stockholm show. It's a 700kilometers drive, but it would be worth it.

defTHE1s

Quote from: theis on Sep 07, 2016, 11:55 AM
Me and my girl may take a roadtrip to the Stockholm show. It's a 700kilometers drive, but it would be worth it.
I can imagine that it would be.
Sometimes it sucks not to live near were your favorites bands use to play.

Are you recording something? Since it will be a special and brief 'Mariner' tour, I wish there were some decent recordings...

defTHE1s

Anyone here are following them on the Mariner tour?

defTHE1s

So, last sunday they posted on twitter a link to hear in full one of their SATH shows, the one from Göteborg to be specific:
http://sverigesradio.se/sida/avsnitt/816111?programid=4564

But it wasn't available today that I checked; since it was posted since Nov 7th on that site, and later removed the stream. Anyone happened to listen/rip it?

Also, I replied on COL's twitter that it wasn't available and this was their response:

https://twitter.com/Cultofluna_off/status/806579811607048192

QuoteDoomed User ‏@defthe1s  31 min
@Cultofluna_off what a shame, it's not available anymore. Is there another way we can hear it?

1 respuesta 0 retweets 0 Me gusta

Cult Of Luna
‏@Cultofluna_off
@defthe1s unfortunately no... but wait for few days. There might be something coming...

You think it's a possibility for something coming, maybe from that tour?

defTHE1s

Is any of you going to any of the 5 shows they'll have in USA playing 'Mariner'?
DO you know anything about their date on Psycho Vegas?

theis

Anyone checked out the new live album? It's immense.

Damn, I need to see this band live again.

O

Crazylegs

Jeez, you're acting like a fucking tumor in almost every thread on here, dude. We'll take it as a given from now on that you think everything is weak, and you can save yourself the energy it takes to type it all the time.