Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

obama

Started by Nailec, Jun 26, 2008, 11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

I will proudly vote for neither

Variable

lol @ obamas very first answer " If we had a regulatory system that had kept pace with the changes in the financial system.  That would have had an enormous impact on containing the problems that are out there"

wow senator.  can you now please define the word vague for us simple folk who you are speaking to as idiots?

devilinside

So...they're changing the debate rules because of Palin??

Variable

I don't think there is really an official debate format for the VP debates.  I mean, Lincoln Douglas debates make sense I guess.  But then again, I would rather the candidates just be asked a question, have more than enough time to answer yet show restraint.  Then the other candidate have a chance to respond the same.  But I guess that level of thinking doesn't exist yet.

Shaye

I'm getting spent on this discussion as a whole.

Trey, you tired me out, and wore me down....ha.    :P

Variable

grrrr baby.

does that mean I win?

Shaye

Quote from: Variable on Sep 23, 2008, 01:25 PM
grrrr baby.

does that mean I win?

No no no. This is not over...

Variable

looks like it is

Variable

Take a stand shaye.  Vote 3rd party.

nonesuch

i drink your milkshake

Variable

I havent really done much looking into her.  I probably should.

Shaye

Quote from: Variable on Sep 23, 2008, 09:19 PM
Take a stand shaye.  Vote 3rd party.

Maybe I will...   :P

Variable

bright lights, big city

Anybody watch the debate last night? I thought Obama did very well, especially on foreign policy surprisingly. McCain came across as a lying smart ass; it was nice. Also noticed that he couldn't even make eye contact once with Obama.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devilinside

I watched it,and was quite impressed with Obama as well.  I did notice that McCain kept smiling at everything,like it was a joke. Obama was calm and well put together.

Variable

I didnt watch.  But I heard from some unbias people that they were very impressed with both candidates.  They actually made note that McCain did better than they though he would have. 

Did they actually talk about issues though?  Or was it one big massive bull shit fest?

defkitty

The debate was pretty even to me.  Obama was the underdog competing with McCains long history of tea parties with foreign leaders.  However, I did notice the eye contact thing...could it be McCain is intimidated by a young buck turning the tables?
Anyways, it was quite obvious that McCain's main strategy (or tactic, hehe) was to repeatedly say that Obama "just doesn't understand."   I was actually quite annoyed (and insulted) at how ignorant the McCain camp expects the average American to be.  I wonder which one of his wife's seven homes he goes home to after working hard for the middle class.  Hypocrisy with a capital H.  I felt Obama came out as the more intelligent (not elite, though I see nothing wrong with a president that's smarter than the average American-shouldn't everyone want that?), collected individual in this debate.  McCain just seemed to be throwing dramatic insults (more of the same political theater). 
I agree with Obama's idea of actually having common discourse with our enemies before threatening nukes.  I think one of the biggest problems with our country (and why most countries consider us assholes) is because we act as though any way of thinking that is different than ours forbids a mutually respectful discourse to resolve conflicts.   

As far as third parties are concerned, I certainly would agree with some of them. However it is almost as if the Republicans are paying them off because recent history shows that they mainly steal the small needed amount of votes from democrats needed to win an election...and guess who that gives the office to? ::)
Realistically, they don't have a strong enough standing in the political spectrum yet and I would much rather have a Dem in office than another Republican.   

he who dies with the most toys wins

defkitty

Also I must say that I cannot wait for the VP debates.  I was gonna watch Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle but I'll watch that debate instead...I think it will actually be more funny ;D

he who dies with the most toys wins

Variable

I dont get everybodys fascination with insulting McCain for being rich.  He has led a successful life.  I don't want some beer drinking  , football watching, average joe to be president.  I want a successful man.  Obama isn't exactly your average joe either.  He went to Colombia and Harvard for crying out loud.  And dont give me this "rough beginnings" so he understands the average American crap.  His rough beginnings did not even take place in America.  He can probably relate less with the average inner city black kid less than I can.  Both of these men had moments of humility in their lives.  But they grew up to live lives of luxury.  Now they both think they know how to help all of us live better lives.  Why cant we just accept that instead of trying to make them seem either average or elite?

I didn't watch the debate ( ill probably go upload it right now ) but I seriously doubt that John McCain feels intimidated by Obama at all. He was probably just trying to focus on his talking points.  McCain doesn't seem like the kind of guy who can do impromptu speeches very well to me.  He probably had practiced answers for just about anything they could ask him over and over and over again.  Im sure Obama did the same to a point.  But he seems more like a on the fly kind of guy to me.  Just a guess though

And saying that republicans pay off 3rd party candidates is just beyond stupid.  These people spend so much time and money on campaigns that they know they will never win.  Because they believe in something.  They believe in a better country, a better way to govern.  They are just trying to get the message out.  I was a republican, now I am voting 3rd party.  Ron Paul is a republican who has a huge following and endorsed a 3rd party candidate.  That is taking votes away from the GOP.
Not voting for them because they aren't going to win is missing the point.  If you want to sit there and continue playing this bull shit game then fine.  But dont ger angry when the politicians continue to play their bull shit games and feed you their bull shit lies after you chose to play along.

devlin

Quote from: Variable on Sep 28, 2008, 04:29 AM

And saying that republicans pay off 3rd party candidates is just beyond stupid.  These people spend so much time and money on campaigns that they know they will never win.  Because they believe in something.  They believe in a better country, a better way to govern.  They are just trying to get the message out.  I was a republican, now I am voting 3rd party.  Ron Paul is a republican who has a huge following and endorsed a 3rd party candidate.  That is taking votes away from the GOP.
Not voting for them because they aren't going to win is missing the point.  If you want to sit there and continue playing this bull shit game then fine.  But dont ger angry when the politicians continue to play their bull shit games and feed you their bull shit lies after you chose to play along.

at this point in time it is a waste of a vote. and will continue to be a waste until the media gives every candidate equal time and attention. i'm there are alot (far to many) people you couldn't tell you a single 3rd party candidate. your average joe watches fox new and cnn and see 90% (if not more) coverae on the main 2. they form there opinions on them forgetting or never knowing the rest. no matter how many people think like you and vote 3rd party hoping to open up some eyes it wont help. unless  in some unbelieble event a 3rd party where to win. but a 3rd party getting a lot of votes and still not coming any where close to winning...the majority wont even notice.