Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones touring the UK 2009

Started by pissedandpierced, Jul 08, 2008, 01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aj

wil haven must be playing in the UK in September cos I know they'r playing in Europe then

EDIT: just found out they're playing a 5 min walk away from my new flat in Frankfurt

Battle-Axe

Ahhh okay, dates will probably be announced soon then if they'll be here in September. Can't wait to see them again - plus I neeeed to hear them play Baseball Theory live!

pissedandpierced

If you think back to when SNW was released, Deftones played a London show in June as a warm up to Download and another show in London at the Electric Ballroom a few months later to co-incide with the release of SNW. I'm hoping they will do this again but this time with the whole of ATF inslead of Adrenalin.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Starz

Ahhh the Electric Ballroom gig, greatest night of my life :)

Battle-Axe

It's always bloody London innit :P I'd kill to see them play ATF or self-titled in full live.

Starz

Oh man, Self-Titled in full would be amazing! London is the capital of the world mate, everyone knows this!

buddyboy101

Quote from: Battle-Axe on Jul 20, 2008, 06:19 PM
It's always bloody London innit :P I'd kill to see them play ATF or self-titled in full live.

s/t in full would be killer!!!  especially considering they only play half of that album typically (hex, minerva, wgtb, bloody cape).  white pony in its entirety would be amazing as well. 

deftoneskoen

Battle-Axe

Quote from: Starz on Jul 20, 2008, 06:57 PM
Oh man, Self-Titled in full would be amazing! London is the capital of the world mate, everyone knows this!

Oh yea... I forgot :P

But reeeally they should do something special here in Manchester too. I remember the first time I saw them in 06 was just after they played Adrenaline in full at London, and they played Minus Blindfold straight after Bored and I was dead excited cos I thought we were gonna get it too... but then I realised they'd already played Root and One Weak :/

If it's convenient, I may convince my best mate to make a trip with me to London on this tour aswell... :]

Starz

If you're a female we could always get a Hotel room here in London together, I'll pay.

Gaz

Quote from: Starz on Jul 20, 2008, 05:53 PM

hell yes, and the VIP afterparty with the free bar was the perfect way to top that night off!

tarkil

Quote from: Gaz on Jul 21, 2008, 08:51 AM
Quote from: Starz on Jul 20, 2008, 05:53 PM

hell yes, and the VIP afterparty with the free bar was the perfect way to top that night off!

yes yes...   :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

pissedandpierced

Quote from: tarkil on Jul 21, 2008, 09:03 AM
Quote from: Gaz on Jul 21, 2008, 08:51 AM

yes yes...   :)

Bastards.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Battle-Axe

Quote from: Starz on Jul 20, 2008, 08:07 PM
If you're a female we could always get a Hotel room here in London together, I'll pay.

Hahaha me and my best mate are both female, ta :P

Mannn I hope something about this tour gets officially announced soon. I'm so impatient!