Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones touring the UK 2009

Started by pissedandpierced, Jul 08, 2008, 01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bergerac

Cool, hope they come back to Newcastle Academy.

pissedandpierced

As far as I know, it looks to be a 12 date tour. If this does happen, I will be at a couple of the shows.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Bayle

Yes, I can imagine

Battle-Axe

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Jul 11, 2008, 07:28 AM
As far as I know, it looks to be a 12 date tour. If this does happen, I will be at a couple of the shows.

Haha, so if there's a date on the 12th then I won't be seeing them on my birthday :P

Ah well, one of those dates WILL be Manchester so I'll be seeing them then, and maybe if they play Liverpool or Sheffield as well.

aj

it's a fucking bitch that I am moving abroad.

They better play Frankfurt

vadimo

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Jul 11, 2008, 07:28 AM

if its 12 dates in uk, there gotta be more than one show in london

Battle-Axe

Any info on venues at all? Both times I've seen them it was at Academy 1 which is like 1500 capacity but I'd kill to see them at Academy 3 which is only 500 and you stand right at the stage :]

Gaz

Quote from: Battle-Axe on Jul 11, 2008, 08:07 PM
Any info on venues at all? Both times I've seen them it was at Academy 1 which is like 1500 capacity but I'd kill to see them at Academy 3 which is only 500 and you stand right at the stage :]

I'd love to see them at the academy 3, it would be such an intimate gig. I could see them possibly playing at the Apollo again this time around.

vadimo

i would say Brixton would be nice - in 2007 they rocked that show - great view, great stage lighting and album cover projected on massive  backdrop certain.

Scala would be first choice but not gonna happen anymore

Battle-Axe

Quote from: Gaz on Jul 12, 2008, 11:51 AM
Quote from: Battle-Axe on Jul 11, 2008, 08:07 PM

I'd love to see them at the academy 3, it would be such an intimate gig. I could see them possibly playing at the Apollo again this time around.

Aww I hope they don't play the Apollo - I hate it there mainly because the barrier is a bit too high for my liking so it's a little awkward :/ [I'm 5'4 haha]. Academy 3 is my favourite venue so I'm hoping they do like a club tour :]

Numina

I need to see them this time around since they didn't play Ireland last time 'round, so I'm really hoping for an Irish date or 2 for this tour.

pissedandpierced

Like most of their tours, they will have one date in London, probably Brixton. I'm imagining that it will prob be the same cities as the last tour.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

There Will Be Blood

hope they come to south florida!

vadimo

Quote from: ilovechino69 on Jul 14, 2008, 07:41 PM
hope they come to south florida!

thats not in UK!

and shouldnt this amazing thread be on tour section anyway?

Corleone

This just in.. deftones to tour North America sometime between sept - aug

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

White Wrist

Quote from: Corleone on Jul 15, 2008, 09:25 PM
This just in.. deftones to tour North America sometime between sept - aug

hmm. so...maybe they will be in europe in the festivals season

Corleone

it was a joke

sept - aug is a whole year

White Wrist

Quote from: Corleone on Jul 16, 2008, 02:34 AM
it was a joke

sept - aug is a whole year

ahahah. didnĀ“t noticed that.

8)

Battle-Axe

It's well too early to be thinking about support, but I'm hoping Will Haven come over with them cos that would be the bomb :D

Saw Will H on their UK tour last year and they said they'd be back soon, and a while ago they posted a bulletin on MySpace saying they're working on UK dates... I think this may just be wishful thinking though :P