Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Too many Superhero movies?

Started by nonesuch, Jul 20, 2008, 06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nonesuch

Is it just me or are there an obscene amount of superhero  movies coming out?  Like every other day a new superhero i barely even remember, or dont (Hellboy), gets its own franchise.  When is enough, enough?  Don't get me wrong I like some superhero movies, (The Dark Knight and Batman Begins were seriously amazing, I like the x-men movies (the 3rd gets kinda ridiculous though), the spiderman movies were pretty good) but a new superhero movie every week?   There are even a million shitty superhero rip off movies like Hancock, My super xgirlfriend, and superhero movie.   

More power to Stan Lee (cuz i know he must be making billions of dollars off of all these flicks) but when is enough enough?  Can't hollywood come up with some fresh new premises?  Just saying

i drink your milkshake

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Quote from: nonesuch on Jul 20, 2008, 06:28 AM
Is it just me or are there an obscene amount of superhero  movies coming out?  Like every other day a new superhero i barely even remember, or dont (Hellboy), gets its own franchise.  When is enough, enough?  Don't get me wrong I like some superhero movies, (The Dark Knight and Batman Begins were seriously amazing, I like the x-men movies (the 3rd gets kinda ridiculous though), the spiderman movies were pretty good) but a new superhero movie every week?   There are even a million shitty superhero rip off movies like Hancock, My super xgirlfriend, and superhero movie.   

More power to Stan Lee (cuz i know he must be making billions of dollars off of all these flicks) but when is enough enough?  Can't hollywood come up with some fresh new premises?  Just saying

Like what? Stupid horror flicks from japaneses or stupid horror remakes like Friday the 13th (coming 09) or Robocop (coming 09 too) or Red dawn?
STFU and deal with it and with this im not saying all superheroe movies r good because some of them r shit like Hancock or X-Men
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

wither-I

enough IS enough.

remakes too. sick, just sick.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

bright lights, big city

i can do without the rip-off superhero movies like Hancock, but remakes need to stop now

also those guys who do the spoof movies (Epic, Scary, Date, Disaster Movie, and meet the Spartans). yeah they need to be shot.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deftonekid

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 20, 2008, 02:20 PM
also those guys who do the spoof movies (Epic, Scary, Date, Disaster Movie, and meet the Spartans). yeah they need to be shot.

yeah those guys have to be executed

Nailec

that is just pop.

fall for it or be more clever than the mainstream and support alternative culture.

lithium

those dudes had a clever idea, and made a shitload of money.

don't tell me you wouldn't of done the same thing.
💩

nonesuch

yea they made money, off of the stupidity of the world population.   Its actually more sad that people support that garbage than the fact that its made.  you know they sit around a table like "Ok, lets just put an hour and a half or fart and dick jokes about famous movies and people and we will make millions."
i drink your milkshake

devlin

i hate those spoof movies. except for the first to scary movies. the ones that the wayans made were great. but the 3rd & 4th and all the other spoofs were dumb.

Jacob

there can never be too many good movies. and I don't mind any kind of movie as long as it's good - remake, japanese horror, superheroes, whatever. the thing is that all these superhero flicks coming out are pretty much the same pile of shit. all they are are orgies in special effects and instead of being good well made movies they just play on the love for old comics a lot of us read as kids. all these crazy superpowers work in comics, but they usually looks ridiculous when they try to make them realistic in a live action movie.

the only superhero movie I really like is Batman Begins.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep