Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Well we might as well have a McCain thread too......

Started by Variable, Aug 29, 2008, 03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

Variable

I mean.  I dont know.  Kelly I need you to weigh in on this.

devilinside

hah..I see what he did there! He saw how Hillary had an affect on many women,and got many votes from them as well...so he chose a woman to get more votes. He knows Obama fucked up not picking her. Haha...pretty smart right there! I don't think he would have chose a woman if Hillary had never run. Aaah...Hillary is awesome. 

I pretty much said fuck it when she didn't get the nomination,but now imma have to look into McCain and see what he's about....besides being a *gasp* republican.

I just DONT like Obama. I can't help it.

Variable

Yeah but I dont know.  I dont know if this is the kind of actions I can respect in my candidate.  I mean god bless her if she really deserves the job.  But I agree with what you said.  McCain picked up so many votes from Hillary supporters who got pissed at Obama.  But he is slowly losing them.  So I think he picked her just assuming that he would draw in female votes just because some females want to see a woman in power so bad.  Having nothing to do with if she is actually the best person for the job or not.  The offices of the white house are not supposed to be about this horse shit.  Its supposed to be about the very best people to lead our country.  Not about who can be the most historic or pull the most heart strings.  I fucking give up on all of this.  Both parties are a bunch of fucking tool bags.

I mean, does that insult you at all?  Fuck, im insulted.  I feel like he walked right up to the feminist women in america and said " you will vote for me because I know you are a huge advocate of the women's rights movement and I picked a woman to be my VP"

Enough with these fucking games already!

devilinside

Yeah, I'm not happy with either candidate. And supposedly this woman has really NO experience! She's been a governor/mayor for what,2 years?!?! Give me a fucking break.

I mean...I can't NOT vote,but I feel like imma have to draw a name out of a hat to make a decision. So in all,I'm really disappointed.

Variable

Yeah , shes a first term Governor.  Im trying to read up on her seeing as how I dont know a dam thing about her.  But it doesn't seem like a very experienced political history.  McCain is going to have A LOT of a harder time talking shit about Obamas experience now.  I dont know, supposedly she has done some pretty revolutionary shit in Alaska.  But I haven't really gotten into the nitty gritty yet. 

Variable

quick side note.  Does anyone know how I can get a hold of Chelsea Clinton?  Im pretty sure she is going to be very excited when she finds out I want to take her out. 

devilinside

You wanna date a Democrat?!?!   *shock*

But seriously,I don't feel comfortable knowing that an inexperienced woman would take over office if,heaven forbid,McCain died.  I just need to read up on these people to get a better idea of who I like most. It's sad I'll probably end up voting based on the VP candidate rather than the Presidental candidate.actual   

devilinside

OOH!! And she was runner up for Ms. Alaska 1984!!!! 

Variable

Quote from: devilinside on Aug 29, 2008, 03:49 PM
You wanna date a Democrat?!?!   *shock*

But seriously,I don't feel comfortable knowing that an inexperienced woman would take over office if,heaven forbid,McCain died.  I just need to read up on these people to get a better idea of who I like most. It's sad I'll probably end up voting based on the VP candidate rather than the Presidental candidate.actual  
I dont give a god dam about political party.  Whoever gets her, gets a whole lot of money, and a whole lot of power along with her.  I can dig.  Plus unless the GOP proves to me that they are going a different direction than the BS the Bush administration pulled, they have lost me.

yeah this chick is a 2 year governor.  It seems she is a very popular and respected governor who is actually taking some stabs at reform.  But I dont know.  It still seems like bad form.  If I was voting off VPs, Biden would have it.  As far as democrats go, hes top notch. But one thing to remember is that VPs dont do shit.  Unless of course the President dies, god forbid.  The secretary of state is really the big power job after the president.  that's really the more important choice. 

Corleone

Do you think this years candidates are worse than 4 years ago?

Variable

Quote from: Corleone on Aug 29, 2008, 04:11 PM
Do you think this years candidates are worse than 4 years ago?
Hell no.  Gore Bush, and Kerry Bush was an all time low in American history. Either way, no matter who wins.  We are better off.

Variable

McCain is speaking now if anyone wants to listen

devilinside

I think I'll pass. But thanks!

And come one!! FLIP FLOP FTW!

Variable

well she spoke too! You missed it!  It was a pretty good speech.  Shes a firecracker for sure. 

devilinside

goldpony

Quote from: Variable on Aug 29, 2008, 04:09 PM
But one thing to remember is that VPs dont do shit. 

have you forgaotten about cheney????? hes the one really running that circus
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

bright lights, big city

Right now i only feel like arguing about experience. Experience has very little to do with being president(I would say decision making is the most important). All I have to say is look at Lincoln-  he had less experience than Obama or Palin (he was a state senator for a few years before being elected president).
So we dont need to hear anything else about "lack of experience"...however, I do just find it funny that McCain did pick a woman just to be slick and to play those fucking stupid political games....
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devilinside

Yeah...and I think it's a sad decision that he picked a woman with hardly and experience. The more i've thought about it the more it kinda pisses me off. Fuck John McCain. Just what we need in office is a fucking beauty queen! I'm all for a woman being in office,but I want one I feel semi comfortable with if she HAD to take over. This bitch dont know shit other than how to fake smile and wave. So i'm also gonna go with Obama.