Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The shape of punk that came...

Started by skinnypuppy, Nov 23, 2008, 09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earthman

Naw you didn't fix that quote, you just ruined it and said the same thing everyone else says cause they don't know, the importance of the bad brains to modern music cannot be overstated, I'm not even talking about "hardcore" music or "Punk" they were so much more than that quote you "fixed." they revolutionized Rock N Roll music as a whole completley and created alternative music, what is more alternative then crazy fast, vursiostic rock music with straight roots reggae? and that's not where it stops, every album after that was experimentation with every other genre of music, especially H.R.'s other group. anyway I ain't got nothin against any of these bands, much respect to them, I'm just saying the importance of the brains can never be overstated to really any modern contemporary genre.

No More Sugar

Quote from: Earthman on May 06, 2009, 02:38 AM
Naw you didn't fix that quote, you just ruined it and said the same thing everyone else says cause they don't know, the importance of the bad brains to modern music cannot be overstated, I'm not even talking about "hardcore" music or "Punk" they were so much more than that quote you "fixed." they revolutionized Rock N Roll music as a whole completley and created alternative music, what is more alternative then crazy fast, vursiostic rock music with straight roots reggae? and that's not where it stops, every album after that was experimentation with every other genre of music, especially H.R.'s other group. anyway I ain't got nothin against any of these bands, much respect to them, I'm just saying the importance of the brains can never be overstated to really any modern contemporary genre.

Thanks for the history lesson. I'm aware of this.

"Bad Brains is one of the most influential bands in Rock"

Happy?
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

Earthman

no

"The Bad Brains are the most revolutionary american musicians, ever."

No More Sugar

Quote from: Earthman on May 06, 2009, 02:44 AM
no

"The Bad Brains are the most revolutionary american musicians, ever."

Not nearly as revolutionary as The Beatles...or Black Sabbath...

Earthman

ha all rite, actually they were, alls the beatles did was rip off chuck berry riffs, but so did everybody, black sabbath added a couple notches more gain to it, shit even the brains had some chuck berry riffage, whatever its all good, I got respect for all bands doin their thing if they got respect for what their doin.

No More Sugar

don't get me wrong i'm not demeaning bad brains, they are classic, but there were other bands/people that did more for rock before the brains even came out

Earthman

yeah, I luv all those bands too, without being prejudice, they are definitley more important than led zeppelin and sabbath, and ozzy and sabbath was my first favorite shit. Why are they? because you had Chuck berry and the creation of modern rock so called, and alot of things happened in between, great things, but nothin really changed that much until '78, '79. Then shit got wild, and bands like black flag and so on were being born, un heard of shit, and black rastas playing punk, that shit is still mystical. anyway, its all good man. all these bands are good so its okay, fuck the politics.

No More Sugar

that i can very much agree with.

my whole theory recently is:

the deftones have been the leaders...the biggest of the underground bands.
and basically why I have really been getting into music, is to continue this minuscule "revolution" in "rock...metal....post hardcore.....essentially, punk."

i used to listen to all the new shit...the hardcore...the screamo, death metal...all of that shit. Then i got bored with all of that because it sounds pretty much the same, and I began to retrace my steps and get back to my roots. I began to listen to bands I had known of for many years(DT, Refused, Glassjaw, Quicksand, Far), but never really listened to as much because I was clouded by all the new more "jumpy" music. Then I went back even further and started digging up old metal bands such as Flaw and Korn...the new metal, and of course all the music my father showed me which was all even older...zappa, zepplin, tommy bolin, alvin lee, the james gang, i mean i could go on.

but essentially, the band i'm planning on starting is going to be a composite mix of all the influence i've ever had, and i've had a LOT of influence.