Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Appleseed Cast thread

Started by lostpilot, Feb 13, 2009, 02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

I think this band deserved to have a thread, since it's one of the greatest bands I've ever encountered.

Their genre ranges from emo in early records, then passing by indie and now forming a new genre - mashed indie post-rock with some electronica influences. Actually it's pretty much hard for me to define their genre clearly.. So, they are releasing their new album in four days, on 17th, which had already leaked and proved to be one absolutely great album - and yes, this opinion is highly subjective..

In my opinion, their best work until now is Low Level Owl, two volume album that is absolutely solid in depth, style and atmosphere. It is actually one of my favourite albums ever, and I highly reccomend everyone to download it ASAP.

Their discography:
(click on album cover to go to download link)

1998 - The End of the Ring Wars

password: irc

2000 - Mare Vitalis

2001 - Low Level Owl, Volume I

2001 - Low Level Owl, Volume II

password: goldkette.blogspot.com

2002 - Lost Songs

2003 - Two Conversations

2006 - Peregrine

2009 - Sagarmatha

songs from splits etc:
http://www.megaupload.com/ru/?d=AC8ZRNYP

enjoy and discuss the band/albums:)

theis

Great band, indeed.

Favorite albums would be the two Low Level Owls and Two Conversations.

lostpilot

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Feb 13, 2009, 02:49 PM
Great band, indeed.

Favorite albums would be the two Low Level Owls and Two Conversations.

yeah, Two Conversations is also very much awesome. 'Losing Touching Searching' is one of the best songs ever.. :)

bright lights, big city

Low Level is good, but for most of the time, Mare Vitalis kinda stuck out for me. But they really have made 2 GREAT albums in a row now. Peregrine i loved, and now Sagarmatha just keeps growing and growing on me.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Starz

I've been listening to their new album non stop recently. South Col is a great song.

lostpilot

Quote from: Starz on Feb 14, 2009, 01:20 AM
I've been listening to their new album non stop recently. South Col is a great song.

imo best songs from Sagarmatha are Raise the Sails, As the Little Things Go and Bright Light

bright lights, big city

Quote from: lostpilot on Feb 14, 2009, 10:15 AM
Quote from: Starz on Feb 14, 2009, 01:20 AM

imo best songs from Sagarmatha are Raise the Sails, As the Little Things Go and Bright Light
agreed 100%. cant get enough of Raise the Sails
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

though I wanted Sagarmatha to be longer as an album.

bright lights, big city

gonna see them next Thursday the 26th!!
DERP

lostpilot

Crazylegs

i listened through a few of their albums. I'm not impressed, but maybe i've listened to the wrong stuff. It all seemed so uneventful.

lostpilot

Quote from: Crazylegs on Feb 18, 2009, 01:52 PM
i listened through a few of their albums. I'm not impressed, but maybe i've listened to the wrong stuff. It all seemed so uneventful.

listen to Low Level Owl.

wither-I

hell yes. thanks for the ring wars i lost this a minute ago

"coming into the nearness of distance"

ben

So I was just shocked to discover that The Appleseed Cast is coming in February

AND the concert will consist of the two low level owl volumes played from beginning to end.  holy fucking shit.

E-Money

never really checked them out....which album should i start with?

theis

Quote from: stapezee on Nov 07, 2009, 07:44 AM
never really checked them out....which album should i start with?

Two Conversations.

wither-I

Quote from: ben on Nov 07, 2009, 06:09 AM
So I was just shocked to discover that The Appleseed Cast is coming in February

AND the concert will consist of the two low level owl volumes played from beginning to end.  holy fucking shit.
holy shit balls, i would do unthinkable things to see that. where is "here"?

ben

Norman, Oklahoma.  About 3 hours from their hometown. 

wither-I

righteous. cool portugal sig

ben

Thanks.  Yea I'm really excited, they are my fave albums of The Cast, but I do enjoy their newest efforts as well.  Just a really random thing to do...